• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

Magi∆

Eater of Worlds
please help fix mah code it no work it gives 3 errors and 6 warnings
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace ARandomMod.Items.armor
{
public class MagiMask : ModItem
{
public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, IList<EquipType> equips)
{
equips.Add(EquipType.Head);
return true;
}

public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Magi's Mask";
item.width = 18;
item.height = 18;
item.toolTip = "Magi's mask. You shouldn't have this.";
item.value = 10003;
item.rare = 4;
item.defense = 9999;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DirtBlock, 1);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

Last edited:

Drachenkeks

Steampunker
please help fix mah code it no work it gives 3 errors and 6 warnings
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace ARandomMod.Items.armor
{
{
public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, IList<EquipType> equips)
{
equips.Add(EquipType.Head);
return true;
}

public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Magi's Mask";
item.width = 18;
item.height = 18;
item.toolTip = "Magi's mask. You shouldn't have this.";
item.value = 10003;
item.rare = 4;
item.defense = 9999;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}
can you list the errors? sometimes its just a typo or a missing directory

Magi∆

Eater of Worlds
I actually got it fixed by DestoR, now I just can’t equip it, so here’s new code, it gives no errors, just can’t equip it
using Terraria; using Terraria.ID;
namespace ARandomMod.Items.Armor
{ [AutoloadEquip(EquipType.Head)]
{ public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
Tooltip.SetDefault("Magi's mask. You shouldn't have this");
DisplayName.SetDefault("Magi's Mask");
} public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.width = 18;
item.height = 18;
item.value = 10003;
item.rare = 4;
item.defense = 9999;
} public override void AddRecipes()
{ ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}
}

Sorry if strange I had to copy code from discord

Ramioji

Terrarian
help me out when i downloaded tmodloader my terraria or tmodloader didnt work. when i deleted tmodloader my terraria didnt wont soo i did the basic thing of searching it up on youtube. i deleted a file named config.json and i thought it would fix the problem. when i reinstalled the game it had the same problem. i tried backup all my files but it finish for some reason. please help!

Magi∆

Eater of Worlds
help me out when i downloaded tmodloader my terraria or tmodloader didnt work. when i deleted tmodloader my terraria didnt wont soo i did the basic thing of searching it up on youtube. i deleted a file named config.json and i thought it would fix the problem. when i reinstalled the game it had the same problem. i tried backup all my files but it finish for some reason. please help!
You should like uninstall it through steam if that’s where u got them from, then reinstall it. But you probably already tried that.

Noob_z2000

Terrarian
Please help, there's no updated worm boss tutorial and all the example mod does is take an already existing sprite(s). I need help. Please reply if you can.

hyperdyne

Terrarian
greetings from linux debian ubuntu 20.04!
the mods work naticelt with steam launcher and tmod after running terraria once..

but the mods cant be found throught the browser or autodownloaded using the modpacks json file

it lists all the mods old and new on the mod browser
info button works

but when you click the download button it literally does nothing.

can someone fix this please?

BeardedLady

Terrarian
Hello all. So I recently had my computer wiped and cleaned. Since then, I have been unable to access my main worlds, have access to my main characters and have my mods active at the same time. I have done nothing different from before the computer wipe. All my mods are the same. I am so confused, any help would be greatly appreciated. I think this is the file you need.

Attachments

fakeliar35

Official Terrarian
Try to downgrade 1 version in GOG and see if it works. TML is not always compatible with all of them
Hi there,

I have the same issue as the other guy which is how i found this thread cus i was looking for solutions online. However, I dont know how to downgrade 1 version in GOG as i have never had any issue with TModLoader before and certainly not as far as the GOG or whatever its called is concerned so i never really bothered with how all that worked. So any help on that front would be greatly appreciated

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
Hi there,

I have the same issue as the other guy which is how i found this thread cus i was looking for solutions online. However, I dont know how to downgrade 1 version in GOG as i have never had any issue with TModLoader before and certainly not as far as the GOG or whatever its called is concerned so i never really bothered with how all that worked. So any help on that front would be greatly appreciated
Maybe this helps:
-Click on the game in the side bar, should take you to a page that says "Play" in green and next to that is a "More" drop down menu

-In the "More" menu, go to "Settings"

-in "Settings" there should be a list of "Override Features" including Auto-Updates

-Uncheck the "Automatically update to newest version" box, that should make a list pop up of which version you want to revert to.
Source: Downgrade to older versions?, page 1 - Forum - GOG.com

hyc

Terrarian
Is there a way to make a effect to let enemies detect you from more far out ? like the beetle armor ? I'm Trying to make something like "All Orignal Armor V2" :confused:

verdenvidia

Terrarian
I have successfully added modded items to chests, but now I want to block vanilla items at the same time so as to not get two items from one chest (like how you can't get a Balloon and a Starfury in the same sky chest) and Example Mod doesn't appear to go into that. I tried tinkering around but couldn't quite get it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

rtpkd1

Terrarian
Soo, even if I do something that I can name "a mod", I won't be able to run it in the current Terraria version?

Dragon244

Terrarian
This is probably a dumb question, but how can I make an item that summons vanilla events like the slime rain or maybe even the pillars.

Top Bottom