• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

KrazyBailz

Terrarian
How do I make it so that the set bonus for an armour set makes enemies take damage when they touch the player? (Like thorns). Any help is appreciated greatly.

Kechai

Terrarian
Does anyone know how to give tmodloader more memory? since I don't have many mods, and the program crashes ... and I really have a good pc

NameTaken

Skeletron
how would i put a message in chat? Like to make sure you know that the expert exclusive item you just used in normal mode didnt work. Or the opposite, to make sure you know it DID work.

SapphireSuicune

Steampunker
how do i make a custom flamethrower? I made one but it just shoots one projectile and some dust instead of actually having the whole thing do damage? also the flames come out pretty far from the actually weapon

NameTaken

Skeletron
how do i make a custom flamethrower? I made one but it just shoots one projectile and some dust instead of actually having the whole thing do damage? also the flames come out pretty far from the actually weapon
Im pretty sure flamethrowers are basically like the clockwork assault rifle (shoots multiple times per click and only consumes 1 ammo), but the projectile is a little different. The projectile is basically invisible due to the amount of dust, and it sets things on fire. I've never tried making a flamethrower, but this is what it seems like to me. Someone tell me if im wrong.
Also unless you want some special flames of some sort i would recommend using the normal flamethrower projectile.

SapphireSuicune

Steampunker
I know this isn't really help with code, but it's for my mod.
Does anyone know what dust the onyx blaster uses? The number or the name is fine.

Piercepotato

Terrarian
I have an item that spawns bees when it hits an NPC - and I have no idea how to get it to be affected by the Hive Pack. I know the hive pack enables strongBees, but I don't know how to check for that. I've tried if (player.strongBees == true) but that doesn't even build. I checked ExampleMod and couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm also not at all used to C# or much coding in general so I'm probably just missing something really easy.
try decompiling the scripts for vanilla bee items and see what code they use.

Piercepotato

Terrarian
Does anyone know how to give tmodloader more memory? since I don't have many mods, and the program crashes ... and I really have a good pc
I believe there is a program you can find somewhere online that can double it’s allocated memory, but there’s no way to increase it beyond that. Big Terraria mods can take a huge amount of memory, so try disabling mods until you can launch into the game.

Top Bottom