Console Okay, these releases and updates are confusing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoticCharm

Terrarian
So, I checked last night to see if the X1 version was out last night and it was, so I downloaded it. I also hopped onto to my 360 thinking that there would be an update. I just barely got to mess around with everything but I'm noticing some things.

- Can you import your characters and worlds from the older version? If so, then how?
- Is there actually new content? I was under the impression from past comments the devs made that the 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 (at least to some extent) were in the game. The reason I ask is because the 360 version didn't get an update. It could just be that I have to wait since different regions get things at different times. Has anyone found new stuff? Did the PS3 version get an update?
- I have seen people complain about the zoom functionality, or lack of I should say. Can you not change the zoom?

I won't get to test things again until later tonight, but I was really curious about these things.

The devs never stated that there would be a content update on release of X1 and PS4. They said content updates would come early next year for all consoles. I'm pretty sure 505 said that save transferring was still in process for X1.

As always you're on top of things. :)

Thanks for the reply. I was rather confident there was supposed to be new stuff with the update, but I guess I jumped the gun. I guess part of me didn't expect the new versions to take up all of the dev's time.

I know my friend will be disappointed. She was really looking forward to seeing a working rainbow waterfall, which is currently glitched. :(

As always you're on top of things. :)

Thanks for the reply. I was rather confident there was supposed to be new stuff with the update, but I guess I jumped the gun. I guess part of me didn't expect the new versions to take up all of the dev's time.

I know my friend will be disappointed. She was really looking forward to seeing a working rainbow waterfall, which is currently glitched. :(
Understandable :p we're all waiting but hopefully the updates can roll out as soon add the beginning of the year ^_^

No offense but I think Nike is wrong....either that or I misread it..well I created a thread and a developer(forgot his name) told me it is for the ps4 compatible or something...I guess it is cross-saving...
[DOUBLEPOST=1415998508][/DOUBLEPOST]From MrRudi about the update 1.08:
If you just had an update on your PS3 it is most likely just to prepare that version of the game to find PS4 players / games with Cross-Play and vice-versa.

No offense but I think Nike is wrong....either that or I misread it..well I created a thread and a developer(forgot his name) told me it is for the ps4 compatible or something...I guess it is cross-saving...
[DOUBLEPOST=1415998508][/DOUBLEPOST]From MrRudi about the update 1.08:
If you just had an update on your PS3 it is most likely just to prepare that version of the game to find PS4 players / games with Cross-Play and vice-versa.
We're both right because that's a system update not a content update :) it didn't add any items to the game, just cross play compatibility :)

The zoom function is PS4 exclusive since Sony added a clever little touchpad on their controller that we could use for it. The X1 lacks an extra button, but we will look at perhaps adding a slider for zoom level in a menu. That will be a lot less intuitive, but at least it will give the X1 players an option to zoom in. No promises that this is actually going to happen or when, but we are looking at it.

Getting something to work would be a lot better than not having it at all.

Ever thought about Kinect functionality? Or is that not an option because some people don't have a Kinect.

What about the zoom on X1, can it be changed?
The game is absolutely terrible with such tiny graphics.
The zoom function is PS4 exclusive since Sony added a clever little touchpad on their controller that we could use for it. The X1 lacks an extra button, but we will look at perhaps adding a slider for zoom level in a menu. That will be a lot less intuitive, but at least it will give the X1 players an option to zoom in. No promises that this is actually going to happen or when, but we are looking at it.

Hey bud. I'm sure you guys are feeling okay because the internet backlash hasn't hit yet for the Xbox One, but it will. Right now, the game is literally UNPLAYABLE on the current zoom level for the One. To be honest, I do not care what buttons the PS4 has or doesn't have. I purchased this game for the Xbox One expecting to be able to play it. Having owned and LOVED the game on the 360 I do not see why the zoom level couldn't have been matched on the One.

In fact, I feel this is a pretty obvious clue as to what a cash grab and essential rip off this is to fans of the game on the 360. 505 Games bought a bunch of good faith and fandom from me with the 360 release of Terraria but this One version is a complete an utter mess.

Playing on a 52 inch tv single player is very, VERY difficult. Playing splitscreen (the main reason I purchased) is IMPOSSIBLE.

This really is a ridiculous shame and a ridiculous sham. In addition, 505/Mr. Rudi's response of "we'll try to fix it, but no promises" is disgusting. Selling a game like this is a disgrace. What a joke.

I will be contacting Microsoft directly for a refund of this garbage

<Double Post merged>
Hey bud. I'm sure you guys are feeling okay because the internet backlash hasn't hit yet for the Xbox One, but it will. Right now, the game is literally UNPLAYABLE on the current zoom level for the One. To be honest, I do not care what buttons the PS4 has or doesn't have. I purchased this game for the Xbox One expecting to be able to play it. Having owned and LOVED the game on the 360 I do not see why the zoom level couldn't have been matched on the One.

In fact, I feel this is a pretty obvious clue as to what a cash grab and essential rip off this is to fans of the game on the 360. 505 Games bought a bunch of good faith and fandom from me with the 360 release of Terraria but this One version is a complete an utter mess.

Playing on a 52 inch tv single player is very, VERY difficult. Playing splitscreen (the main reason I purchased) is IMPOSSIBLE.

This really is a ridiculous shame and a ridiculous sham. In addition, 505/Mr. Rudi's response of "we'll try to fix it, but no promises" is disgusting. Selling a game like this is a disgrace. What a joke.

I will be contacting Microsoft directly for a refund of this garbage

EDIT: In addition, I gladly spread the word to a large consumer base regarding the quality of Terraria for the 360. I hate to think that I can not do the same for the One version due to something as silly as lack of oversight from QA regarding a basic zoom function.

Last edited by a moderator:

I for one do not like to say "I promise" without knowing 100% for sure how and when something will be fixed or added. I don't take a promise lightly, I apologize that this disgusts you. We are taking these complaints very seriously, regardless of language used.

Well a slider is all that's really necessary since I can't imagine people zooming in and out constantly. That being said, X1 does have an extra button...the Kinect. Couldn't adding in some voice commands like "zoom in" and "zoom out" be possible?

I for one do not like to say "I promise" without knowing 100% for sure how and when something will be fixed or added. I don't take a promise lightly, I apologize that this disgusts you. We are taking these complaints very seriously, regardless of language used.
It would be great to promise to fix your broken game.

I get the idea of the nobility of keeping a promise, but I would think the morality of putting out an unplayable game and deceiving your customers is worse.

I'm sorry if this is coming of as harsh. But like I said, as a fan and as a consumer I feel like you just stole $20 out of my pocket. On a repurchase of a game that was 100% playable on the previous iteration. It feels like a deception.

And I can understand that from your point of view as well, don't get me wrong, but the game is not unplayable...I can play it perfectly fine and so can thousands of other people, it is just unplayable for you. With which I don't mean just you either, since you are not the only one with this problem, which is why we are taking it seriously. That being said, until I know how and when we can add a zoom function to the Xbox One version I will keep saying "we are looking into it".

Well a slider is all that's really necessary since I can't imagine people zooming in and out constantly. That being said, X1 does have an extra button...the Kinect. Couldn't adding in some voice commands like "zoom in" and "zoom out" be possible?

The Kinect is an optional piece of hardware, so not in play.

Would it be possible to bind a zoom function via button combo? It's certainly not fancy, but that's something. I.E pressing Left Stick and Right Stick, and then pressing LB to zoom in and RB to zoom out.

And I can understand that from your point of view as well, don't get me wrong, but the game is not unplayable...I can play it perfectly fine and so can thousands of other people, it is just unplayable for you. With which I don't mean just you either, since you are not the only one with this problem, which is why we are taking it seriously. That being said, until I know how and when we can add a zoom function to the Xbox One version I will keep saying "we are looking into it".

The Kinect is an optional piece of hardware, so not in play.

Darn, that would have been nice. Thank you for the response though.

Would it be possible to bind a zoom function via button combo? It's certainly not fancy, but that's something. I.E pressing Left Stick and Right Stick, and then pressing LB to zoom in and RB to zoom out.

That is something we considered, but I am not a fan of it. People underestimate how fast of a game Terraria really is and how responsive the controls have to be for it to feel "good". Like, you can do any action while walking or jumping and while doin that action (for example attack an enemy with a sword) and jumping you can also grapple and change your aim. Any trick where you hold down a button or multiple-presses what someone suggested as well would hinder general game play for that reason. Which is why I think adding a slider in the pause menu or something would probably be the best way to handle it.

That is something we considered, but I am not a fan of it. People underestimate how fast of a game Terraria really is and how responsive the controls have to be for it to feel "good". Like, you can do any action while walking or jumping and while doin that action (for example attack an enemy with a sword) and jumping you can also grapple and change your aim. Any trick where you hold down a button or multiple-presses what someone suggested as well would hinder general game play for that reason. Which is why I think adding a slider in the pause menu or something would probably be the best way to handle it.
A zoom slider would be perfect. I really liked the zoom level on 360. I personally feel that XB1s zoom is a little too far back. It makes it hard to see any kind of detail (and especially traps). I just dont feel as immersed being so "far" away from my sprite. If a zoom adjuster could be implimented it would be much easier to enjoy the game again. I absolutely love Terraria...I just hope that the zoom issue is taken seriously and that a solution is found soon. I waited months for this gem to come to XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom