Terraria: Otherworld On a Quest for Otherworldy News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... one question: what are the system requirements for PC?
Unknown. As the game is still in Alpha, I'd venture to guess that there are still many things that need to be added to the game before any sort of system requirements can be established.

Unknown. As the game is still in Alpha, I'd venture to guess that there are still many things that need to be added to the game before any sort of system requirements can be established.
Well, I am thinking it won't run on my PC just like Dota 2 didn't. my pc is windows 8 with a processor rating of 5.5 witch is the reason I am hyped to buy the PS4 version.

Well, I am thinking it won't run on my PC just like Dota 2 didn't. my pc is windows 8 with a processor rating of 5.5 witch is the reason I am hyped to buy the PS4 version.
I don't think a computer can get much worse than mine unless it's under $200. AMD A6-5200 APU with integrated HD graphics and 4 GB of RAM (RAM that's at the end of its lifespan, I might add), but it can still (surprisingly) run Terraria at 60 FPS 720p.

My assumption is that Terraria Otherworld will probably be more low-end-PC-friendly than Starbound, as it'll likely use the same engine as Terraria. So I wouldn't worry about performance too much unless your computer can't handle Terraria on the lowest resolution and Retro lighting.

I don't think a computer can get much worse than mine unless it's under $200. AMD A6-5200 APU with integrated HD graphics and 4 GB of RAM (RAM that's at the end of its lifespan, I might add), but it can still (surprisingly) run Terraria at 60 FPS 720p.

My assumption is that Terraria Otherworld will probably be more low-end-PC-friendly than Starbound, as it'll likely use the same engine as Terraria. So I wouldn't worry about performance too much unless your computer can't handle Terraria on the lowest resolution and Retro lighting.
well... what did you expect from a 2013 computer? it has CORE i7 and RADEON graphics, yet it runs very slowly because it's old, but still manages to handle a 2015 game.
And that's the reason I play on console, my PS4 never lags, even though the graphic quality is high and the resolution is 2550x1100 something, plus color lighting mode.

use the same engine as Terraria.
Other world will use a different engine as said in a previous post due to the terraria one not being able to run it I think that's why they are making a whole new game entirely and not just an update patc also I don't think that they have alot to add either because there going to be talking about release dates in the upcoming weeks

I'm just hoping I'll be able to play Otherworld on my rather weak computer, I actually think it appeals to me better than the regular Terraria, I like the look of the quest system, and I like the general direction the game seems to be headed.

I love how it shows the house requirements on the left. It make it much easier to know what is a house and what is not.

Other world will use a different engine as said in a previous post due to the terraria one not being able to run it I think that's why they are making a whole new game entirely and not just an update patc also I don't think that they have alot to add either because there going to be talking about release dates in the upcoming weeks
Ah, I see. I haven't kept 100% up to date with Otherworld.
My only hope is that the Otherworld engine takes advantage of multiple CPU cores, because right now (to my knowledge) Terraria only uses multiple cores for world gen, entering hardmode and lighting.

More as the current engine Terraria uses is outdated.

Really digging the new wood block texture. The current Terraria texture looks kinda jagged and "bumpy", but T:O's looks very smooth and polished.

Nice theory. But we both know there's more to it than that.

wow, you are just flat-out saying to re-logic's face that they are "sell-outs" for allowing more people to play their game?

you are so far beyond deluded...

...and this is why the PC community goes by a label used by the nazis.

people like you are one of the biggest reasons i have given up PC gaming and want nothing to do with it again.

you're in for a rude awakening, buddy... PC gaming is not superior in any way, and consoles are not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Man, all you people talking about your bad computers not running T:OW, barely able to handle Terraria or Dota 2. You're so lucky, my computer won't even run Age of Empires 2 (and I'm not about the HD remake on Steam).

wow, you are just flat-out saying to re-logic's face that they are "sell-outs" for allowing more people to play their game?

you are so far beyond deluded...
Whenever a person/company makes a decision that will profit, regardless of how good/bad it is for the consumer, there will always be someone making prejudice claims of said person/company being a sell-out. Usually it's just out of jealousy. You want some advice on how to deal with them? #DoNotFeedTheTrolls

On the topic of system requirements:
I'm somewhat sure that Terraria Otherworld will be playable on most computers. When I first got Terraria, I was still using my first PC, a Windows XP, which was eight years old at the time. I did have some framerate issues in fullscreen, but putting it in windowed mode made it run much nicer. Now that I've had this Windows 7 since the end of 2013, I can run it, as well as other games like Starbound and even Guild Wars 2, flawlessly. I'm not quite sure what my specs are though, I didn't pay too much attention when getting this computer. I just felt like I needed a new one.

As for the actual news update here:
My favorite thing about that screenshot is the fact that the Witch Doctor is there. I can only imagine how fleshed out summoning is going to be in Otherworld <3

Trolling and personal attacks - do not insult other members

Actually I said there's more to it than that, but an ignoramus sees what it wants to see.

...and this is why the PC community goes by a label used by the nazis.

Is it? Funny. 'Cause judging by the way PC gamers are treated by most all game publishers, they resemble the jews more.

people like you are one of the biggest reasons i have given up PC gaming and want nothing to do with it again.

We will miss you. About as much as we miss leprosy.

you're in for a rude awakening, buddy... PC gaming is not superior in any way, and consoles are not going anywhere.

Well DUH it's not, when 80% of it consists of badly made console ports while the rest consists of all the indie garbage Valve publishes on Steam. But the platform is superior, that's a technical fact.

Glad to see that there's going to be more in-game explanation of how stuff works this time around. Call me crazy, but you shouldn't need explanations from friends or wikis to understand the core essentials a game is built around.

Actually I said there's more to it than that, but an ignoramus sees what it wants to see.

Is it? Funny. 'Cause judging by the way PC gamers are treated by most all game publishers, they resemble the jews more.

We will miss you. About as much as we miss leprosy.

Well DUH it's not, when 80% of it consists of badly made console ports while the rest consists of all the indie garbage Valve publishes on Steam. But the platform is superior, that's a technical fact.
That's a shame, but assuming Relogic would do the same the moment they look at consoles isn't going to help anyone.

Please guys, as Loki requested, let's not turn this into a console vs PC scenario. If someone offends you with their comments, best to just ignore them. Regardless of opinions, it is already a stated fact that PC, PS4, and XBox One gamers will ALL be able to enjoy Terraria: Otherworld! Let's just focus on the good times to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom