Items Onyx

I don't really like it.
  • The tier is incomplete.
  • There is no reason for this
  • Has been suggested MANY times

i'm not sure what you mean by "incomplete". it has most of the items other gems have, and it has stats and even sprites.

as for "there is no reason for this", when you think about it, there isn't a reason for tin, lead, tungsten, and platinum, but they were added anyway.

"has been suggested many times", i actually searched and couldn't find it, unless you mean from terrariaonline, which doesn't count.

I know right? It guess you can say it was...onyxpected :cool:

Bro, like bro...you earned a beer
bSbqxuH.png

Reactions: Azu
I wonder, does Terraria's engine support negative light sources? i.e. darkness sources? If it actually reduced light, while not exactly useful it would be cool and unusual.

I wonder, does Terraria's engine support negative light sources? i.e. darkness sources? If it actually reduced light, while not exactly useful it would be cool and unusual.
Or it could just cause that weird ultraviolet effect where everything seems to glow faintly purple and everyone just looks like silhouettes.

Onyx would be a new black Gem. it would be past Diamond tier-wise.

Onyx
obtained from Onyx ore

Onyx Hook
Crafted with 15 Onyx
30 tile reach, 13 velocity

Onyx Staff
24 magic damage
23 use time
10 velocity
crafted with 8 Onyx and 12 Obsidian

Onyx Robe
5 defense
increases maximum mana by 80
reduces mana usage by 15%
crafted with 1 robe and 10 Onyx

Onyx Phaseblade/saber
same as other phaseblades/sabers+1 critical strike chance

Onyx Gemspark Block
same as other gemspark blocks, black

Onyx Torch
same as other torches, black

Large Onyx
for capture the gem. it drops when you die

here's a banner if you support this:
Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/onyx.17330/'][IMG]http://forums.terra
ria.org/index.php?attachments/onyx-banner-png.49857/[/IMG][/URL]
This is a perfect idea, it also means there are some more uses for obsidian.

You know, this'd be cool if the ore were found in the Underworld rather than in the regular caverns. It'd separate it from the regular gem tiers, and it'd tie in with how the gear is coloured similarly to Demon Torches.

Seems cool, I don't see why not. But since the Phaseblade is just black, why not have it do something like create darkness?

Back
Top Bottom