Weapons & Equip Optic Wrench

How do you like your wiring?

• Dude, I'd totally have this with a fresh batch of actuators

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Eh.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Excuse me, but my Dart Traps are perfectly fine without this riff-raff.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
Wiring's a pain in the rear. I've seen lots of suggestions for just having longer ranged wrenches. This is helpful, but in my opinion, it doesn't fix the real problem.

Introducing the Optic Wrench:

OpticWrenches.png

+ 6 Range
Wrench.png
or
Green_Wrench.png
or
Blue_Wrench.png
(1)
Crystal_Shard.png
(15)
Unicorn_Horn.png
(2)
Lens.png
(1)
That's not the best part. The Optic Wrench allows you to click and drag anywhere within its range, and it will place the wire in a line or "L" shape to bridge the two corners of the dragged area.

Of course, we can't just have a Wrench with that ability. No, there's also the Optic Wirecutter:

OpticWirecutter.png

+ 6 Range
Wire_Cutter.png
(1)
Crystal_Shard.png
(15)
Unicorn_Horn.png
(2)
Lens.png
(1)
Similarly to the Optic Wrench, you click and drag, and it removes the top layer of wire from the area selected. If the Terraria devs decide to let right-clicking to be a thing, then you can do that and drag to remove ALL wire from the dragged area.

On a completely unrelated note, the colors in the actual Crystal Shard sprite is a poor representation of its colors in the game.

I love the concept! I feel like increased range would fit a bit better with a Spectre theme, but that's just me.

The L-shaped placement might not always give the wiring pattern you want, but I think that's outweighed by the benefits here.

I love the concept! I feel like increased range would fit a bit better with a Spectre theme, but that's just me.

The L-shaped placement might not always give the wiring pattern you want, but I think that's outweighed by the benefits here.
I considered Ectoplasm, but that's a bit later in the game than what I wanted, and we have an obscene amount of recipes for Ectoplasm as it stands.

I considered Ectoplasm, but that's a bit later in the game than what I wanted, and we have an obscene amount of recipes for Ectoplasm as it stands.
I dunno, actually. If you ask me, wiring probably matters most in the late game, when you have access to Lihzahrd traps. And at that point you already have access to Ectoplasm. Personally I never felt the need to pick up wiring on a large scale before that stage.

I dunno, actually. If you ask me, wiring probably matters most in the late game, when you have access to Lihzahrd traps. And at that point you already have access to Ectoplasm. Personally I never felt the need to pick up wiring on a large scale before that stage.
I see what you mean. And now that I think about it, I agree. The problem is, I already made the sprite with Unicorn Horn and Crystal Shard colors. I know that's a really petty reason, but still.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418873347][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, the thing is, I wanted it to be able to place in a 2D manner, and I don't think that there's a better way to do it.

So many beautiful ideas for wrenches lately, i really hope somepony at re-logic catches wind of these and at least gives us some equivalent in 1.3.

Back
Top Bottom