Sprites Ore Stashes

Yuyutsu

Dungeon Spirit
Hey, Yuyutsu here, and I've come with a small suggestion today! presenting

Ore Stashes

My suggestion aims to add a new Background Object to the game- Ore Stashes! Now, Gem and Coin Stashes already exist, so I was surprised when I realized Ore Stashes weren't in the game!

Now, you may be wondering: ores are fairly abundant. Is this necessary. To that, I pose that most ore weapon and armor sets take immense amounts of ore. Silver and Tungsten armor, for example, take 300 ore to craft! In my 6 years of playing Terraria, I've barely ever crafted a full set of ore armor. I've had to mix and match between Copper and Tungsten, Wood and Silver, and so on.

These Ore Stashes aim to make finding ores a little bit easier, and also aim to add a little more spice to the world. Who doesn't love more Background Objects?

New Piskel (29).png

Spawning/Mechanics

- Ore Piles spawn in the Underground and Cavern Layers, the same as any other background Objects
- Can be mined with any Pickaxe
- Spawn with different rarities (Copper's the least rare, then Iron, and so on)
- Only the pile corresponding to the world's ore can spawn (Tin in Tin worlds, etc.)

Drops
sprite_0.png

Copper/Tin Stash (semi-common)
- Drops 4-8 Ore
sprite_1.png

Iron/Lead Stash (semi-common)
- Drops 8-12 Ore

sprite_2.png

Silver/Tungsten Stash (uncommon)
- Drops 12-14 Ore

sprite_3.png

Gold/Platinum Stash (semi-rare)
- Drops 14-16 Ore

This should help you get a head start in crafting some new armor! I hope you see some Ore Stashes on your next playthrough!
Also, if someone has covered this suggestion before, please let me know! I searched and couldn't find one, though I may not have been thorough.

That's all I've got! I hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Fantastic idea and sprites ;)
Maybe after smashing altars the hardmode stashes would spawn?
I thought about it, and didn’t think it was necessary. Woth the abundance of Demon Altars and crates, Hardmode Ores are quite easy to come across. However, prehardmode metals can’t be replenished in such a manner. Thanks, though! :)

Well, how about some Ore Stashes that spawn near but not on the surface, slightly below the dirt layer? And once you beat either the EoC, King Slime, EoW/BoC, or Skeletron, the world rarely generates some Demonite/Crimtane Stashes, and if you have beaten all of them, Hellstone Stashes will start spawning in the Underworld. And so on, bla bla bla...

And probably after slaying Moon Lord 5 times Luminite piles start to spawn near/in Hallowed Biomes.

The worst suggestions are from me, :dryadconfused:.

Edit: Hellstone Stashes will never spawn inside lava, nor will spawn them when mined. Safest way to get Hellstone, heh?

Last edited:
Looks like a nice little addition!

To that, I pose that most ore weapon and armor sets take immense amounts of ore. Silver and Tungsten armor, for example, take 300 ore to craft! In my 6 years of playing Terraria, I've barely ever crafted a full set of ore armor.
That's what the Extractinator is for! :)
Pre-hardmode ore does need a bit of an overhaul - everyone will just go straight for Gold/Platinum for armour, tools and/or weapons. Iron/Lead has some value in crafting, but the other two tiers are of little value.
(Fishing crates don't count.)

Really again, good suggestion. Definitely needed something for the background objects for Underground or Caverns. :D Keep it up, man

Do you need all of this to play the game?

Oh, I get it! You wanna get the most stuff possible to be ported from Starbound into Terraria!
What's next? Are you going to suggest that ores are placed in the background walls?

The ores ARE kinda hard to get, but you just pop a Spelunker potion, Mining Potion, press whatever button toggles Smart Cursor, then just hold A/D + Mouse1.

Do you need all of this to play the game?

Oh, I get it! You wanna get the most stuff possible to be ported from Starbound into Terraria!
What's next? Are you going to suggest that ores are placed in the background walls?

The ores ARE kinda hard to get, but you just pop a Spelunker potion, Mining Potion, press whatever button toggles Smart Cursor, then just hold A/D + Mouse1.
With the same logic, popping a Spelunker potion could yield you as many gems as you’d like, but Gem Stashes still exist.
I could also certainly keep farming enemies for Gold, but Coin Stashes and Coin Portals exist.
My only qualm is that the hunt for ores is long and monotonous, and can definitely be sped along with the help of Ore stashes, something that (though in another game) fits Terraria really well :)

Great idea, I mean why not (I don’t even know anything about star bound, so don’t say I want everything in star bound to be in terraria)

Back
Top Bottom