Weapons & Equip Osmium : Hardmode Archery Expansion

How much do you like the idea of osmium?

• This is an amazing idea!

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I think this idea is pretty cool.

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • This idea needs a little work. (Please Explain)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • This suggestion should be re-thought. (Please Explain)

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Similar to my Mandible Gauntlet thread, this thread is mainly to test out my new spriting skills, so please tell me what I can improve on!

Okay, so we all know that archery gets the short end of the stick when it comes to hardmode weapons. You've got the Marrow and the Ice bow in early hard mode, and then absolutely nothing (unless you get lucky and the traveling merchant sells you a Pulse Bow) until you defeat Duke Fishron and get his bow. However, there are quite a few repeaters, but they are still usually underpowered in most situations.

First off, bringing up an important concept for this thread. I am using SzGamer's idea for Improving Shroomite Headware as part of my suggestion so that this suggestion isn't as unnecessary in comparison to Shroomite Armor.

As well as that, to not make the new osmium archer weapons redundant in comparison to the Tsunami Bow which can be obtained earlier on, I also suggest making the truffle worm spawn post-golem to balance it out. Anywho, lets jump right into this suggestion!

kdcROYP.png

54008-5e7d3ce913f6abf31bbfbea65af25eba.jpg

Osmium

Osmium is a new hardmode ore that generates in rare clumps of 30-40 in the hallow after Plantera is defeated. The first time she is defeated, 6-7 clumps of this will generate. After that, every time you defeat her she will generate 1-2 osmium clumps, which reaches a cap at 250 ore placed in the world before it will no longer generate from defeating Plantera.

Running 4 of these ores through an Adamantite or Titanium forge will create one
54009-791b3c06a6ea0be088833e09fecd4347.jpg
Osmium bar.

54122-12ae3970488ccb4ccf762e0b637008c2.jpg

Osmium Armor

Osmium Armor is a generaly archer based armor that is meant for extremely high mobility and strength, while significantly sacrificing protection.

Osmium Helmet
x20
9 Defense
15% Higher damage with archery based weapons (Bows and repeaters)

Osmium Chestplate
x30
8 Defense
Reduces Gravity by 25%

Osmium Greaves
x25
10 Defense
Increases jump height by 70%, boot effectiveness by 40%, flight duration by 20%, and flight speed by 10%

Set Bonus : If a monster comes within 8 blocks of the player, the armor will shoot out 1 lightning bolt every second that will each deal 20 damage.

Okay, so insanely powerful agility, but it has a mere 27 defense, which is like wearing paper when it comes to things like the frost moon. Thats where the weapons come in that bind this unique gameplay style together!

kdcROYP.png

54127-293d13ccf065d1df7ac5a3195400a671.jpg

Osmium Repeater
45 Damage
17 Velocity
16 Use time
1.3 Knockback

The osmium repeater fires arrows that go extremely fast, at an extremely fast rate. Infact, it has the highest velocity and use time of any repeater in the game. As of now it is the only late-hardmode repeater besides the stake launcher, which isn't really a repeater.

54130-bed526028d68d97b23e49c152320e9a8.jpg

Osmium Shotbow
65 Damage
16 Velocity
20 Use Time
1.6 Knockback

The Osmium Shotbow fires only one shot at a time, but has a very fast fire rate. This makes it good for shooting multiple shots at one target in a short amount of time.

54131-6545e4d9b2a5a6b19679e902a6885b6e.jpg

The Osmium Arrow
16 Damage
5 Velocity
50% chance to break
Bounces up to 4 times

While the chlorophyte arrow also bounces, it only bounces once and pierces. The Osmium Arrow however, doesn't pierce, but can bounce up to 4 times! This makes it invaluable in close spaces. It also has a very low chance to break in comparison to most other arrows.

kdcROYP.png

Thank you for acknowledging this thread! In return for the creation of this thread, please tell me what you think of it, respond to the poll, and PLEASE tell me what I can improve on with these sprites.
I might have a go at respriting a couple of the items here if thats ok? If you dont like them then u dont have to put them in the thread, but feel free to if you do :)

This is a great idea, because most of the hardmode ore bows suck unless Holy arrows are used. However they introduced the deadlus stormbow in 1.3, so you might be able to take down normal mode golem with that. The Osmium arrow's bouncing would be useful for getting the golem out of the way, and the speed on the armor will go a long way with fishron.

Also, I'm no spriter, but I think the osmium sprites are a bit bright. Consider the Osmium gear sprites from Exxo Avalon, and like most ores, provide an alternative (e.g Rhodium). So in the end:
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTT 2 da max

Hum, your sprites look too similar to chlorophyte, also, chlorophyte shotbow and palladium sword?
Yeah I think I need to edit the color palette a bit. I actually drew the sword from scratch but I stole the blade curve thing from it.

I'll try respiting those.

Back
Top Bottom