PC Otherworld: Texture Pack Collection

Update 08/26/2022
A recommend Texture Pack Collection for playing on a Drunk World Seed 05162020, 5162020
Texture_Packs_08.26.2022b.jpg
*Top [order]*
*Bottom*

This seems pretty much perfect 😘👌, the only thing "missing" [me being nitpicky] would be "if I could somehow get the HUD/ UI from Foundry & Alchemy 铸造与炼金 onto this Texture Pack Collection", but it's great as-is honestly... 😎👍

Akari UI Pack is here, simply to fix Secrets of the Shadows' dreadful HUD!

...and the only reason I still have Foundry & Alchemy 铸造与炼金 listed, is because it's the only Texture Pack here that makes changes to Critters [cute Bunnies]. It's not really necessary, but if it doesn't cause you any problems, I don't see any reason not to just keep it anyway.

Enjoy!

Update 09/03/2022: Also, don't underestimate the effectiveness of a good Font Texture Pack [e.g. ale and wenches]!
20220903224556_1a.jpg

Attachments

• Drunk World Texture Pack - 08.24.2022.jpg
    Drunk World Texture Pack - 08.24.2022.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1,474
Last edited:
Here's a few other potential Texture Packs I've been looking at, not quite sure if I'll end up choosing any of them, but "Better Books" and "Gross Evil Biome Grass" both look promising! 😁🍷
  • *New* Terraria 2.0 (Otherworld) [here]
  • *New* Secret of the Shadows [here]
  • Corruption to Astral Infection [here]
  • Monstrous Crimson [here]
  • Better Books [here]
  • Gross Evil Biome Grass [here]
  • *New* No Spoilers [here]
  • *New* Shadow Armor Revamp [here]

Old: This is basically just a collection of Texture Packs I somewhat recommend for playing on a Drunk World Seed 05162020, 5162020
index.php
View attachment 380977
*Top [order]*
  • Journey Pylons
  • Colored Statues
  • Boss Colored Relics
  • Rings of Fire
  • Foundry & Alchemy 铸造与炼金
  • Legacy TP
  • Summon +
  • Better Summons
*Bottom*

The "Journey Pylons" are d**n-near perfect I think, "Colored Statues" & "Boss Relics" could honestly stay or go, but they do add an immediate & noticeable change from the Vanilla Textures, so they're pretty effective in some aspects.

"Rings of Fire" fits pretty well here too, this would be tough to replace with something else IMHO. "Foundry & Alchemy" happens to be one of the most complete texture overhauls I've come across, but I'm not 100% sold on it just yet, something "cleaner" feels like it'd be a better fit to me, for now it's a placeholder, but certainly effective.

"Legacy Texture Pack" is pretty good, I think it might also retexture a few things that "Foundry & Alchemy" misses, I honestly like this texture pack much better, but it's incomplete.

"Summons +" & "Better Summons" are a MUST HAVE! These two Packs working together make just the right amount of changes to the appearance of Minions to be meaningful and impactful!

It's my hope to improve this Texture Pack Collection with your suggestions.
  1. Newer Music is already provided in a Drunk World Seed, so it's not really needed.
  2. Something "cleaner", akin to the art style of "Terraria: Otherworld" is preferred [for World Textures].
  3. "Journey Pylons" Texture pack is probably one of the best examples of #2.
  4. A complete Weapons only Texture Pack would be a great addition.
  5. Try out this set-up and let me know what you think, feedback would be very useful!
Thanks! 😉🍷

Last edited:
[fixed *See Top]
I wasn't expecting to make progress this quickly, this was supposed to be a long-game mission, but I'm not gonna complain [LoL]! 😅🤷‍♂️

Anyhow, I've found the perfect Texture Pack that I wanna recommend for Drunk World [Seed] playthroughs, but I've run into a bit of an issue... one Texture Pack has the perfect HUD/ UI and Menu appearance I'm looking for [Foundry & Alchemy 铸造与炼金], but somewhat rough-around-the-edges World Textures, the other has the perfect World Textures, but a terrible-looking HUD/ UI [Secret of the Shadows TP]. 🤔🍷

20220826143049_1.jpg
20220826143216_1.jpg

If I could somehow... you know, swap HUD/ UIs with these Texture Packs, that would be amazing. However, I have a thing about "tampering" with other peoples work, and even more a thing about tampering and "repackaging" other peoples work. So my question I guess is... what exactly should do I do here? 🤔🍷

This is quite the conundrum; YIKES!!

[fixed *See Top]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom