Items Outerversal Keycard: Late game item that allows you to no clip through walls.

IcecreamBeGood

Terrarian
I'm guessing this is an accessory. Could be post Moon Lord. Maybe it drops from him?

It resembles a weird looking hotel keycard that is almost cosmic colored. When it's in the accessory slot, it enables you to literally go through surfaces and walls like they are non existent. Basically, a cool way to no clip through blocks.

Pressing down allows you to sink into the ground, left and right allows you to move horizontally through planes, and jumping allows you to phase through walls vertically.

Tooltip: Allows you to phase through blocks "This smells like moist carpet.."

References the Backrooms.

Last edited:
So... no clipping, if I'm not wrong.

Seems a little broken, but considering it's PML, I don't think that's a massive concern anymore.

Is it like the Dead Player Hardcore Ghost?
Pretty much. You basically can phase through all blocks, and fly through them.

Considering you have to kill the Moon Lord to get it, it's probably not that overpowered at that point.

I'm guessing this is an accessory. Could be post Moon Lord. Maybe it drops from him?

It resembles a weird looking hotel keycard that is almost cosmic colored. When it's in the accessory slot, it enables you to literally go through surfaces and walls like they are non existent. Basically, a cool way to no clip through blocks.

Pressing down allows you to sink into the ground, left and right allows you to move horizontally through planes, and jumping allows you to phase through walls vertically.

Pressing both up and down at the same time puts you in the background, allowing you to avoid harm temporarily.

Tooltip: Allows you to phase through blocks "This smells like moist carpet.."

References the Backrooms.
We can already do this with shimmer so it would be cool

I don't like it. The ability doesn't fit basegame Terraria. And if we're being honest, the backrooms are far from the best thing to reference here.

I would honestly prefer the item to be Shimmer-themed since it already has a unique mechanic similar to this. Anyways, several limitations would be great imo, such as a time limit when phasing through blocks, being instantly brought back to solid state when in combat/taking damage and not being able to enter the Lihzahrd Temple before defeating Plantera. The temporary invulnerability throws me off, this one would be better off as a mobility/building tool.

I would honestly prefer the item to be Shimmer-themed since it already has a unique mechanic similar to this. Anyways, several limitations would be great imo, such as a time limit when phasing through blocks, being instantly brought back to solid state when in combat/taking damage and not being able to enter the Lihzahrd Temple before defeating Plantera. The temporary invulnerability throws me off, this one would be better off as a mobility/building tool.

-Removed invulnerability

New concept: Body Discombobulator

Shimmer item that resembles a weird pink machine. Could be gotten somehow in the Aether.

Now it makes you turn into a purple blob that is deformed as it phases through blocks.

Limitations:

-Time limit of 10 seconds
-Cannot do anything (e.g. using items) but move
-No going to the temple early (like you said)
-Getting hurt brings you back to form (like you said)

New tooltip: Allows phasing through blocks, Wall phasing is unstable and prevents use of items "Get discombulated in style!"

I don't like it. The ability doesn't fit basegame Terraria. And if we're being honest, the backrooms are far from the best thing to reference here.
How about a Body Discombobulator? A device that turns you into a weird blob as you wall phase. Limited by how you cannot use items as you do?

I have made a concept sheet for it

Familiar Keycard
“This Smells Like Moist Carpet”
Looks like a hotel keycard but unknown design
When equipped allows you to no clip through blocks when on flying mounts as well
Shimmer a GPS
Makes sense cause there is no sense of direction or depth or time outside reallity

Pretty much. You basically can phase through all blocks, and fly through them.

Considering you have to kill the Moon Lord to get it, it's probably not that overpowered at that point.
Pretty much and it’s mostly meant for building and mobility due to how post ml no clip is helpful for building
We can already do this with shimmer so it would be cool
Yep it’s awesome
-Removed invulnerability

New concept: Body Discombobulator

Shimmer item that resembles a weird pink machine. Could be gotten somehow in the Aether.

Now it makes you turn into a purple blob that is deformed as it phases through blocks.

Limitations:

-Time limit of 10 seconds
-Cannot do anything (e.g. using items) but move
-No going to the temple early (like you said)
-Getting hurt brings you back to form (like you said)

New tooltip: Allows phasing through blocks, Wall phasing is unstable and prevents use of items "Get discombulated in style!"
Oo that’s a more balanced version that can be obtained before ml but I did make a concept for the keycard for building in post ml
Did have a idea on how to get that item rod of discord into shimmer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom