Weapons & Equip Overhaul: T H E - G U N

The Grimwar

Terrarian
I'm willing to take on more ideas.

1. Tungesten Bullets should recieve some love, when they hit something, make them generate a "CLANG!" sound
  2. Make Craftable silver arrows that would be able to bring a lot of hurt to undead and werewolves, and give silver bullets the same buff against undead they do against werewolves
  3. Phoenix Blaster with every shot shall inflict the Hellfire debuff
  4. Evil Ore bullets that are craftable by combining evil ore with either Palladium or Cobalt using a mythril anvil, these would be Grapeshot (Demonite) and Hollow Point (Crimtane). Grapeshot when used fires a spread of bullets the same way you would when using a shotgun, effectively rendering pre-hardmode guns viable for early hardmode at least, although a single bullet will still be fired at the exact spot of your cursor, it will also shoot several bullets at the same time flying on separate path. Hollow Point has the same damage as a silver bullet, however, each round ignores 3 defense and has a higher critical chance than any other bullet in the game, when it hits an enemy, the Hollow Point round generates a cracking sound as it breaks into the enemy
  5. HELLFIRE PILA: this is a special javelin type that is craftable using hellstone bars and either regular javelins or bone javelins at a Mythril/Orichalcum anvil, they penetrate two enemies before sticking in the third, after a second, they explode. What makes the Hellfire Pila extra special is that they can be used as ammunition by the Molten Fury bow.
  6. Chu-ko-no: a rapid-fire crossbow created at a Tinkerer's workshop using Dynasty Wood, Cogs, and Souls of Flight

Last edited:
  1. Tungesten Bullets should recieve some love, when they hit something, make them generate a "CLANG!" sound
  2. Make Craftable silver arrows that would be able to bring a lot of hurt to undead and werewolves, and give silver bullets the same buff against undead they do against werewolves
  3. Phoenix Blaster with every shot shall inflict the Hellfire debuff
  4. Evil Ore bullets that are craftable by combining evil ore with either Palladium or Cobalt using a mythril anvil, these would be Grapeshot (Demonite) and Hollow Point (Crimtane). Grapeshot when used fires a spread of bullets the same way you would when using a shotgun, effectively rendering pre-hardmode guns viable for early hardmode at least, although a single bullet will still be fired at the exact spot of your cursor, it will also shoot several bullets at the same time flying on separate path. Hollow Point has the same damage as a silver bullet, however, each round ignores 3 defense and has a higher critical chance than any other bullet in the game, when it hits an enemy, the Hollow Point round generates a cracking sound as it breaks into the enemy
  5. HELLFIRE PILA: this is a special javelin type that is craftable using hellstone bars and either regular javelins or bone javelins at a Mythril/Orichalcum anvil, they penetrate two enemies before sticking in the third, after a second, they explode. What makes the Hellfire Pila extra special is that they can be used as ammunition by the Molten Fury bow.
  6. Chu-ko-no: a rapid-fire crossbow created at a Tinkerer's workshop using Dynasty Wood, Cogs, and Souls of Flight
  1. I like that idea, that's fun.
  2. Silver Arrows wouldn't be bad, but we should be careful about saying they do extra damage to "undead." Many, many enemies in the game are undead.
  3. Maybe not Hellfire. On Fire! should do just fine. Although I'm really not sure the Phoenix Blaster needs any buffs.
  4. For Hardmode bullets, these are fine, although grapeshot should have reduced damage. Also, they don't need to be combined with Palladium/Cobalt; just use bullet casings.
  5. I'd rather this be just consumable than ammunition, especially if they're only ammo for one bow. Either have them not be ammo, or all bows can use them.
  6. What are the stats for this weapon?

For 2: Yeah, they shouldn't be that inclusive, the buff against "Undead" would just be the obvious ones, Zombies, Skeletons (including the Denizens of the Dungeon), and Werewolves.

For 3, yeah, that does sound better, but I kind of want the Hellstone craftables, including the Phoenix Blaster, to be relevant for a little bit longer

4: I just want Palladium/Cobalt to have another use as well as the Evil Ores, and on further thought, it shouldn't do that much less damage since the purpose of the Grapeshot is to make pre-hard-mode guns, like the Undertaker, more relevant, as for the Hollow Point, its increased critical strike chance would synergize with the Rage Potion which also increases crit-chance

5: Hellfire Pila would be throwable, but the purpose of them being ammon for the molten fury is would to the Molten Fury more relevant

6: I don't know, but it would shoot really fast, the rest I leave to the devs. I'm not a balancing expert.

ooo, i like this idea
especially the chu-ko-no; would it use arrows as well as crossbow bolts, or one or the other?
i can't actually recall if the current crossbows can use normal arrows, i don't play ranger lol
wait, are crossbow bolts even in the game?
idek anymore lmao

Back
Top Bottom