Video Oxygen-Challenged Terrarian (1.3.1)

Xylia

Terrarian
So I started a new Playthrough, a Challenge Map!

This one was made by @Eternalserenity , and basically it's a flooded world! I thought I'd post how it goes here rather than flooding (lol) their thread.

You can find the thread and the map at: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-oxygen-challenged-terrarian.45470

So, here goes!

52147F566B9B444B3F0C63D6BAADDC7433854652

Here's me starting out. Just for proof, I screenshotted my equipment because you'll see me wearing Gladiator Armor. I decided I wanted to go for the Gladiator Look (I wanted a Swimsuit but sadly there are no One-Piece Swimsuits in Terraria...)

When I first started this map, I knew that I had a few goals in mind: Since slimes float, I knew that getting Gel would be difficult (but not impossible). I also knew that getting Ropes and Wood would be difficult too, due to the flooded nature of the world (I would normally smash a bunch of pots on the surface first thing).

So, with that in mind, my first goal was to dig down and start building houses... but wait a minute. Yes, there's some starting wood... but no torches means no light. I stepped into the water far enough to make the air-filled area a valid spawn for enemies and sure enough a green slime spawned there, and I killed it. I repeated this a few more times to get torches. So next, I started digging down to start a hellevator and I decided I would use an age-old trick of building my house up against the hellevator like I used to do way back when.

As you can see from the first screenshot, there's a Strange Plant right next to your starting location. I, of course, wasn't about to pass THAT up. There's also some blueberries which is even more awesome. So, after digging down a bit, I ran into snow and ice, and I decided to make my home out of ice bricks for the foreground walls and snow bricks for the background walls, which I think worked out nicely!

I quickly discovered a problem, however, when the Dye Trader showed up. He nearly committed suicide before night came (I couldn't get him to get out of the water). With some quick thinking, I came up with this solution:

1F229F3892065A30EE3E6273E292D6D72E01500A

Basically I put these ramps on either side of the bubble walls, so that NPCs can come in, but they can't leave, and thus can't drown themselves.

Once I got that figured out, on to building more homes! I figured I needed at least 4: Guide, Dye Trader, Angler (who was already rescued but killed) and finally the Merchant should be the 4th NPC to spawn.

The Merchant was my first major goal: I need Ropes and Torches, and with no viable sources of these from the world just yet, the Merchant's gonna have to do. Also, I want a bug net so I can take advantage of all the goldfish that end up flopping around inside the air bubble. Here's me with the houses complete:

D3ED6D4E8AC7810A1215D2E02E1B1CBC53EF746F

And that's as far as I got thusfar. More to come soon!

Last edited:
Episode 2 is ready already!

First off, I had some trouble getting NPCs to move in, because they kept committing suicide, but eventually I got my Merchant, and the Angler eventually moved in too (only when I went off-screen from the house, lol).

But anyways, my first stroke of luck starts with an Ice Chest with a Damaged Ice Boomerang:

91C61FF66451EEB55F2EA49FE48479ABAEAF4D1D

It's no Terrarian, but it'll do.

Then, I ran across a large Sapphire Deposit:

1B5F12C418132558FACEC3A7F970C36555805A3F

You know what this means! Grappling Hook Get! (at least as soon as I get back to my house...)

And then, just a short ways over, I heard a skeleton pounding on a door to the right (this is why I wear expensive headphones!):

4F27798FD36AC349834E071998AA57D24075376B

Thump Thump Thump, WHACK Sploosh. Given there's a Mushroom Biome over there, there must also be a Mushroom House. I want the chest it has!

So, I dig a bit of a Trap Pipe so I don't flood the entire cave system, and make my way over there. I screenshotted halfway through, but the next jump over and up, I barely made it without drowning.

46ADA21F6C646B0C1D0A0B5CCB227B41DE6DAFFD

The next 'jump' is gonna be a long haul. I had to throw some ropes up, get up there and hurry up and dig my way into a small air pocket just up and right off-screen.

Whew. I made it. Well, here's my reward:

91412C5B3159EA019E7AB44753D57810A6EAE94E

I forgot to screenshot the actual reward, but it was an Enchanted Boomerang with the same damage my Ice Boomerang has. Oh well, it'll be used to make a Flamarang later probably.

While I was looting this chest, I heard some more Thump Thump Thump noises coming from the right. I correctly guessed that it was coming from below.

7B1D566A002CBCE91D3585D4CCD5D7F5D9C8137A

Yup, bingo. Again, I forgot to screenshot the chest's contents, but it was a Cloud in a Bottle. I'll take it!

I got back to my house, made a Furnace, an Anvil (I was hoping to find one in a house, but no dice), a Silver Helmet, a Sapphire Hook, and I had almost half as much Gold as needed for a Pickaxe. I will probably try going left once I hit the bottom of my Hellevator (I hit a large body of water and didn't feel like trying to deal with it using a Copper Pickaxe).

My next goal is to hopefully get Silver Armor eventually and a Gold Pickaxe, hoping to find some more houses along the way. I also need to get more rooms set up and eventually start on the crafting/greenhouse room.

Until next time!

Episode 3!

First off, I started by going left of the hellevator I started, and I ran into two houses, both of which had an insanely useful find, the Ice Blade!

12F5ABC1D3623E34518ADBD8DDB003907AD1A752
Actually, I think this is before I went left, I noticed that there was an unexplored open tunnel and decided to hit that up first. Glad I did!

The Ice Blade is insanely useful in this map, because it is a travelling light source that works underwater. The Blade itself lights stuff up, as does its projectile, and when it hits a wall, the falling ice crystals can even light the walls up so you can test if there's a cave nearby. It allowed me to explore the flooded tunnels with ease, much easier than using glowsticks.

Now, for this next screenshot, I'm going to skip ahead a bit to where I was exploring the right-hand flooded cave system. In this map, I knew that anytime I found a completely flooded cave system, it must lead to the surface eventually, so I wanted to map these out in hopes of easy treasure chests (the Ice one had two houses, but only had stupid stuff like snowball cannons and more ice blades, lol).

Anyways, a Boulder Trap wound up saving my life:

EDCF45977B575637F0051C0B448124772DD88346

This is after I found it and got air from it, and went back down to mine the silver you see me standing on. (I think that's silver?). When I first got to it, I had one half of a bubble left before I managed to squeeze up into that hole. It took me 3 tries with the grappling hook before I hit the hole in such a way I'd go up into it.

Getting a Gold Pickaxe took me Forever! I had 10 Gold Bars, and 1 Gold Ore and I eventually said "Screw it. I have an Extractinator I found in a chest, I'm just gonna grab a bunch of this slush and see if I can get 7 ore that way. It took about 150 slush, but I did actually get it!

CDF85CA9F81B3DE9E5CC6641228640A4804FF8B0

FINALLY! Such relief, to finally get a pickaxe. I even had enough ore to make 1 gold bar besides. I would later go on to find at least enough for 10 more, and I found 10 in the same chest as a pair of Ice Skates.

Well, then I decided to finish out the framework for my house:

PRNqISo.png

How this is gonna go, is that all crafting machines will go along the floor with the ones I've got here, the wood platforms above my head will hold vanity crafting machines, the brown, gold, and ice chest rows will go all the way over to the right eventually provided I find enough chests, with the exception of 3-4 other chests I'll put in the right across from the brown chest. The brown chests will store crafting materials, the gold chests are for armor, weapons, and accessories, and the blue chest will be for vanity items, statues, etc. I am planning on putting a greenhouse area in directly to my left, with a house for the Dryad, so that all of my items can be quick-stacked fast whenever I return to my base from a trip.

So there we go, rather nice progress. I was hoping to find an ice machine so that I can lessen my wood burden a bit by making ice tables/chairs, but out of the 8-9 Ice Chests I found, there was not a single Ice Machine in any of them. At this rate, I might need to start tearing down the few wood cabins I found just for wood as it takes the acorns forever to grow into new wood.

EDIT: I also had enough silver (barely, 1 bar extra) to finish my Body and Leg Armor too! So now I'm ready for the EoC once I get a decent weapon for him and some place to fight him.

I present to you...

A MEGA Episode.

I played for about 3 hours, and wow did a lot happen in those 3 hours...

First up, we have the Eye of Cthulhu. I didn't even bother screenshotting it, but it was easy as pie. Killed two of them the same night with just my Ice Blade.

Second, we have two Brain of Cthulhu kills. Luckily, the first Corruption Area to the right of spawn has a decently large open-air cave system underneath 6 hearts (I found it by exploring a minecart rail, lol). Perfect!

5D8B3F2A47F8A9BF1ABEE2C910E6F27637E02A73

This wasn't too hard. I used just my Ice Blade, and thankfully the Blade along with the ice bolt has just enough knockback so that you only get like once per teleport and you hit him 4-5 times in phase 2. The hardest part was actually the eyeball phase. He got a couple lucky shots in on me.

Second kill...

FEE0B83F2E64F03F7CCF37A28B488E26479E3272

A helper spawned! This guy helped kill a few of the eyes, and got a couple hits in on the Brain itself until he got pushed down into that room. Every little bit counts, lol.

Then, next day, a Goblin Army attacked. This was the easiest Goblin Army Ever, lol.

71C292232C9C1094E440130662A76BCB02085032

The arrows were easy to dodge and I just rained down grenades. I ran out of grenades when it was about 90% done, so I just jumped down and finished the rest of them off with the Ice Blade. I wish I had bought a few more nades, though.

After that, I decided to continue my Hellevator all the way down, hoping to run into the Goblin on the way... I didn't see a Goblin, but I did reach the Underworld!

FF0CBB6D2418D0CFD11AB9267EE73394607ED740

It took two trips but I eventually got enough Hellstone for a Flamarang, a Pickaxe, and the Hamaxe. I plan on getting more later for the Greatsword.

On the way down, I passed up a few minecart rails. Once I had gotten a bunch of Hellstone and some Obsidian, I decided to explore those Minecart Rails, hoping to find cabins. Didn't find no Cabins.... but.... I found something even more cool.

8306AFB1AF2762F32A079A81EE67A5820208DE4F

A Nymph! While I was killing her, I was like "nonono don't fall into the lava!" Then I jumped over her, and got her into a stunlock and I was like "pleasepleaseplease YESSS!!!!"

With my new Metal Detector in-hand, and Flamarang, etc... I thought I'd start on my minecart rail system. I had an idea that the water didn't extend all the way up to the top of the world, and I was curious of whether or not it was possible to build a rope up to the surface of the water, and you know what? It IS possible. Barely. You run out of air just as you reach the surface (and it takes 2-3 trips to finish the rope). Once up there, I built a minecart rail as far as I could with about 1800 rails...

9907D1CCFEB1AAE4CD3C26DBD1B82DFF45AFC571

I decided to drop down into the water anyways. Also, this screenshot is for @Eternalserenity ; to demonstrate that the Travelling Merchant keeps spawning away from the spawn point and getting himself killed. However, I DID eventually manage to get one to spawn inside the air bubble, not sure why THAT one spawned in the air bubble when all the others did not. He sold me a DPS Meter, Presserator, and a Stopwatch. Sweet! Anyways...

I found the dungeon, and using little holes dug into the ground for air pockets, I made it to the ocean, and just barely, with about 80 health left and fading fast, I barely reached a water chest. I was like "Please... Please... Please gimme flippers...." and..... it was!

4C5B107F9518EB574C1996DB60400FD53B3EE959

Seriously, I warped back with just a little health left after I clicked 'loot all'. I'm glad I had enough room to carry the flippers. This screenshot is me looking at the map after I warped back.

D9EFC52A3E622C510C0D94DBAB405AB51AB01F9D

YAY! I got my hot little mitts on a pair of this very valuable pair of footwear. Notice my health, that's like 10-20 seconds after me warping back, lol.

With Flippers in Hand, now it was time to get a Diving Helm. I had run across a Shark Statue earlier, and I knew of a dart trap not too far from my hellevator (right up against it, actually). I only needed to place the shark statue ontop of the wire were the dart trap was, and make a little modifications, and....

D7904FD8A4856813E62EFDAA8FD0FDDDA1786E79

I barely screenshotted it in time, you gotta lok real close above the gore on the far left, you'll see "Diving Helmet" in green. Might need to magnify the screenshot to see it. It took me a second to react, because I wasn't expecting it to drop that early (about 15-16 sharks in).

While looking for the shark statue, before doing the screenshot above (I didn't take it with me, I just made a mental note of where it was when I first found it), I ran into the Goblin:

E7B131756E8D137A2C60D7493773823AFAB0C66B

Boy, am I glad to see you!

Now...

DBBC0509D142C2280594C2CCBC4E57A3CCE46B6F

I've got a feeling that this playthrough is about to become a whole lot easier.... Diving Gear, Balloon in a Bottle (I found a Balloon while laying that Minecart Rail, lol), and some reforges.

Now, it was off to explore the surface with my new-found ability to go much further in water than ever before. First stop, the Jungle!

7759F23EB7ACEF1652086E54CFB66ADAB82E806F

Anklet of the Wind! Now, if only I could find an Aglet and a pair of Hermes Boots, I could go nearly anywhere without any trouble at all. This is actually the second anklet I've found, but I forgot to screenshot the first.

I found a Beehive not too far from here, killed the Queen Bee, and warped back.

It's 11:30PM, about 3 and some hours after starting the play session, and I've...

1). Killed the EoC.
2). Killed the BoC.
3). Got to the Underworld.
4). Got Molten Pickaxe, Hamaxe, and Flamarang.
5). Killed the Goblin Army.
6). Found a pair of Flippers.
7). Got a Diving Helmet.
8). Found the Goblin.
9). Made my Diving Gear.
10). Killed Queen Bee.

And some other stuff. Yay for progress!

Next up, probably make myself some Gills Potions just to be safe, so I can truly explore with ease, hope to find Aglet and Hermes Boots (or equivalent), hope to find some place I can farm some bait, I'd like to start on Angler quests, not sure if that's gonna be possible or not without digging out large parts of the underground, who knows. We'll see!

Oh, and Dungeon.... Mr. Skeletron's about to bite the dust, I think...

Seeya next time!

hope to find some place I can farm some bait, I'd like to start on Angler quests
This series got more exciting than I thought. And here's a suggestion: Find a pair of Flower Boots and a Flare Gun, then you will be able to farm Grasshoppers, Worms, Grubbies, Sluggies and Buggies. This usually how I fix my bait problems pre-hardmode.

This series got more exciting than I thought. And here's a suggestion: Find a pair of Flower Boots and a Flare Gun, then you will be able to farm Grasshoppers, Worms, Grubbies, Sluggies and Buggies. This usually how I fix my bait problems pre-hardmode.

Err, derp I sold the two flareguns I found lol. huh. I'll have to do without, or maybe I'll find another FG or something lol.

We'll see. That and there's no guarantee I'll even find any Flower Boots. They tend to be quite rare for me, not sure why. The game doesn't like giving them to me.

Err, derp I sold the two flareguns I found lol. huh. I'll have to do without, or maybe I'll find another FG or something lol.

We'll see. That and there's no guarantee I'll even find any Flower Boots. They tend to be quite rare for me, not sure why. The game doesn't like giving them to me.
Same to me too. It always takes hours to get a pair. But, it's worth the effort since it allows to afk-farm of baits. (Stand on grass, fire FG, find a way to keep mouse button pressed and have fun)

Episode 5: Speeding Right Along

So, during the first night, I noticed some Fireflies lighting up a decent-sized cave system right underneath my base. Score! I got a bunch of them (about a dozen and a half) and I started doing fishing quests. The first one, wanted a Dirtfish and the second quest wanted a Hellfish and while fishing for that, I got an iron crate which gave me something rather nice to start off with:

1A833DC9064E50FDEFE711B541B2578FA4B0DF3C

FALCON P....errr, Slice?

That day after doing that, I decided to pop King Slime with a Slime Crown (since Slime Rain is basically impossible to do in this map). He was easy, didn't even get hit a single time.

D179D524D48656B26FA12DE656A6D19791C32079

Easy, Peasy. Got a Slime Hook out of this, which was better than the Sapphire one I was using.

In-between building my greenhouse area and doing other stuff, I decided to go to the Underground Desert in hopes of getting a bunch of fossils to extract for Iron Ore, because I had gotten a quest for the Bumblebee Tuna, and it took me 8+ in-game hours to walk from my home over to the Jungle. I was like "Screw this, I'm gonna finish my Minecart Rail next!"

Well, it FINALLY happened. After ~30 Golden, Ice, and Rich Mahogany Chests, I FINALLY found one.

DA7EA49485205512525B6906C035E26932401B69

It's about time. I think that's the unluckiest streak I've ever gone, it seriously took me about 30 chests until I finally found a pair of speed boots of some sort.

I went back to my base, made myself Spectre Boots, and decided to cover the rest of the surface map... no Aglets, sadly. Hopefully one of these days I'll get one out of a fishing crate or something.

But... when I took the ~560 fossils to the Extractinator, I made a rather cool find:

633D6AEAE9012BAC1674509727EB97359FD2F31D

Yup, a Platinum Coin. Now I have nearly 2 Plat which isn't bad considering I just started fishing.

So, then I built some more minecart rails, not quite over to the Jungle yet, but getting close. Sadly, I ran out of time as it's almost 1PM and I gotta work at 2PM. I think I made nice progress for a little Saturday Morning tinkering. My Greenhouse area has 4 out of the 7 planter box types (I need to kill Skeletron for two more, and the WoF for the last), 21 of each which is plenty for a solo player.

Hopefully I can find myself a Staff of Regrowth once I start making regular forays into the Jungle (I barely touched it and I already found 2 Boomsticks, 2 Anklets of the Wind, and several Mahogany Chests.

Oh, and I found another Flaregun, so if I find Flower Boots, I'll try that Bait thing. I tucked the Flare Gun safely into one of my storage chests, so it should be safe there, lol.

Until next time!

Episode 6: This Episode May BUG You a Little

So, I started off today with finishing the minecart rail to the Jungle, though it was too late in the day to actually explore the Jungle much. Went back to my base, had no luck with fireflies that night. Then, of course, the third goblin army decides to try attacking my base. Man, these guys really BUG me. Afterwards, I did the fishing quest again (nothing of note for rewards), and waited until that night. Blood Moon. *sigh* The next day, I went to the Jungle, and didn't find much of anything.

That night, I caught a couple Fireflies, but still wasn't really enough for my liking, I only had like 25 of them. Then I went to the Jungle again, and I made a nice discovery!

127D3BA6368D90B63702878C5DFE9B9499173E79

I really was not expecting to find these so easily...

With that sweet pair of footwear in-hand, I went back to my base near the end of day and.... of course, yet ANOTHER Blood Moon. The game is really trying to BUG me, seriously. But I won't be BAITed into getting angry. I waited it out and then made a little strip of mud blocks, planted some Jungle Grass, and had myself a little fun.

That night, I was able to BAIT some fireflies into spawning... seriously, I caught like 70 in one night. That fact really doesn't BUG me too much, because hey... I'm gonna need all of those for crates later, right?

I stood ontop of my Jungle Grass, swinging the net away, and occasionally checking the nearby cave rooms for Fireflies. I started out with 25 Fireflies, and now I got...

61F338346FD6C4C7D2CCD109D36B87D12F1E4DCC

That should keep me fishing for awhile.

The next morning, I did the Angler's quest, and BAITed him into giving me his hat:

3F8DBC411187D2F31BA045C4AEEEE02D7E004E74

....and a whole load of accessories which he REALLY doesn't want to give me. The RNG with his quests always did BUG me.

Well, that's it for now.

Episode 7: No Puns This Time

So I started this time, thinking "What to do next..."

Then it popped into my mind: I'm tired of knockback, I'd like to set up a proper statue farm (something I never really needed to do, but the bats weren't cooperating, and I'd like to also get a Jellyfish Necklace and a Money Trough and I had the statues). So I decided I would knock ole Skelly off and get my Dungeon done.

This took a total of three days for me to do (almost) everything I wanted to do in the dungeon.

First off, Skelly:

3CD55D8861DF26E2E197F7083688A23E617D398D
3CD55D8861DF26E2E197F7083688A23E617D398D

For some reason, people really seem to underestimate the flamarang. I fought him inside the foyer with no trouble at all!

Once Skelly was popped off, then I started opening chests. I found the Mechanic rather early in, didn't bother to screenshot it. While doing the dungeon, I was coming back for the Angler's Quests every day, and what was the first one's rewards?

77B5F549A289C6AB5C4420E12600BB9058B0D702

A SEXTANT! Out of all the information accessories, if I only get just one, I want it to be the Sextant, because during Hardmode, I like to know when a Full Moon is coming up beforehand, so I can make a mental note to farm werewolves until I get a Moon Charm.

So after coming back from the dungeon on the 2nd day...

B6233598CD7D3F9D3390822981AD8C8959D3B1E6

Knockback is the one thing I REALLY stinking hate in Terraria. It is always such a relief when I FINALLY get the Obsidian Shield. No more KB for me!

The next morning, the Angler was kind to me yet again!

A45A74D487F09362E9B1EF48EB5A976B7EB954A2

Hey, thanks! That's one out of three... all going according to plan indeed!

I decided to take a quick break from Dungeoneering to grab a few more Hellstone bars, because I found a Muramasa. A quick hop, skip, and jump over to a nearby Blood Altar, and...

99FA62C5C8C2FD19CA65E673F60636DB75C7D119

It's not Legendary, but it will do.

On my third day of the Dungeon, I made a very lucky find! I was surprised to get this on my 3rd trip...

46C7C49EB261885C729B29C3B3DF02841453392E

A Nazar! If you look real close you can see 'Rash Nazar' above my head, and it's also sitting in my inventory. It was like ~70 skull kills, so that was rather lucky.

The morning after, it's time for the fixed fishing quest reward:

3ABB2194CC4E832EF97C2ABAAFD5E29FBC7B565B

I knew this was coming up, well, that's 2 out of three and IIRC, that's about halfway to the Golden Fishing Rod.

So, with that all done, and it's starting to get a bit late, I thought I'd set up the Blood Zombie statue in my little farming nook (I had already used it to get a Jellyfish Necklace and a Depth Meter), but... sadly, no dice.

2E630B73B848613E937BEBB53E85A5E5BC2FE68E

They weren't kidding when they said "smaller drop rate". This is actually kind of ridiculous. I think they nerfed it a little TOO hard...

Well, that wraps this episode up.

I had a lot of luck this time!

Episode 8: Meh.

So I played for a little bit between shifts at work today, and while I did make some progress, it's been kinda annoying.

First off, we have some more Blood Zombie kills:

7C5DD844965F5F0C7AE526CEA84607BECE9A2991

I think they got just a tad bit ridiculous with the drop rate from statues...

Then, I got another fishing accessory:

93CB1662A658A19556C95F3E1FC5E189CDE8F4C2

I didn't screenshot it in time to get it when I got it off the NPC, but here it is sitting in my chest waiting to get combined.

While trying to find the Lihzarhd Temple (which I've still yet to find...), I finally got my Staff of Regrowth after 20+ Ivy Chests:
F9AD05CE825FA2968576A972F6264A15AE113063

Yay! Finally, now I can actually gather plants and seeds now.

Then, just after that, I finally got an Aglet out of a crate. Now I can start saving crates for Hardmode.

0DE941621D52A3FC707D6C596A8F3CC67D97ED41

Yay! Now I can do some combining.....

F633EA26E46F8CE59EC75F97D2CC14F07F2A2F7D

Hey look, it gave me Armored. I'll gladly take that. Saves me a lot of reforging costs, lol.

Well, that's it for now, hopefully I can find the Temple and start working on those Solar Tablet Fragments once I get a Cascade...

Episode 9: What to do While Fishing

So, I spent this whole session doing fishing quests, and in-between, making more Hardmode Preparations.

First off, I built a bridge between two of the clouds once I figured out where the Travelling Merchant kept spawning that he keeps getting killed:

04E5410A16935135EBDCE0ED50E9D9657E3996D0

So all I needed this whole time, was a ~150 block bridge between these two nearby sky islands. But I had to wait for a TM to show up to see exactly where he was spawning so I could prevent him from falling into the water. I know that the TM spawns in the sky because of the helpful information at wiki and the use of my map.

Well, the very next day, a TM spawned...

A4D3C72A52D09FF3A9D9298783126DF8DAE3891F

And he had my last information accessory that I needed off of him!

Oh, and... he spawned AGAIN the next day...

119B22C67AAA150DDFCD99625C73BBF46FF571A7

That's 2 out of 4 of the Gizmo Pack accessories that he sells. Awesome reward for building this little bridge indeed. It's literally impossible for him to drown himself now, so that particular problem has been solved.

Between doing that... I hit up my Blood Zombie Statue for more ridiculous carnage:

96DFC3490DA33CAC3EF6E8880D95DBEB70B8968F

I got a Shark Tooth Necklace at about 1800 some kills, but didn't screenshot it. I already had one from random Blood Moons. So now we're up to 2,000 kills and I still don't have the Money Trough.

To save me loads of time, I decided to try again to make a Jungle Pond closer to home. This time, I decided to do it in the cave system near my house. Hopefully it doesn't get hallowed or worse, crimson'd.

A9DEA5AB815E249CACDF845E484EF962F6306791

Yay. Hopefully I can find some way to keep the Hallow and Crimson away. With the nearby flooded tunnels, I have far fewer options of where I can dig anti-spread tunnels.

With that done, I went back to the Jungle to search for the elusive Lihzarhd Temple some more. I wound up getting something that will be important later:

A7AE8DEE4DA6E9B7D1C1303C9FEF351EF1BC85A3

Well, I won't have to farm for that later in Hardmode. That's cool!

While I was doing that, someone very important arrived...

5F7DBDD9EB122989E6496EEECE0B4CE68A57617A

She will be quite useful in Hardmode when she sells Bubble Blocks.

On one particular day, I had trouble catching the quest fish and found myself without a lot of time to go to the Jungle... so... I instead decided to go down to the Underworld to try to grab a Cascade real quick. Of course, the third demon I kill drops his book, even though I don't really want it.

468BCAA4E84D38E1799D380A575DE1333917900E

Not what I had in mind....

But I did eventually get what I was looking for (about 5-6 minutes later):

1131D04AB4D3925F95693EA526A90D41F3FC1F05

Now THAT's more like it.

With my new hot little Cascade in hand, I did eventually wind up finding the Lihzarhd Temple. It didn't have as big of an entrance hallway as I had hoped, and sadly it is right next to a Marble Biome which I will probably have to destroy. I will likely hollow out some of the nearby areas and/or dump lava in them to stop mobs from spawning where I don't want them to spawn in the hopes of getting more Lihzarhds and Serpents to to pop instead. I didn't screenshot it yet, I figured I'd wait until I got an actual farm set up.

I also started making a honey pool so I don't have to go running my feet off every time the Angler asks for a Bumblebee Tuna.

67CC143EFAAC656D010D417C059082D5BCF861A9

According to wiki, one needs 200 blocks to achieve max fishing power in honey (300 for water, 1000 for ocean). I have 20 buckets, I might make another 10 to shorten this a bit. I have 80 out of 200, so I need 6 more trips. If I had 30 buckets, I could cut it down to 4 more trips. Either way, this will save a lot of time in the end run.

So that's it for now, might play a bit more later but I wanted to take a break for now.

Why not trying to duplicate the honey by using pumps?

I tried looking up infinite liquid engines and couldn't find any info on TCF or wiki, so... *shrug* I figured, 20 buckets at a time I will eventually get it. I gotta go over to the Jungle for other stuff anyways so...

So here's a mini-episode, just had an hour and some before bed to plink at it.

First up, I made a functional ocean fishing hole:

237E8490A411BEEABEEDE333A8CB43A9DB43CBC9

I've not tested it on a quest fish (I haven't gotten an ocean quest yet) but since I am catching ocean fish, it SHOULD work. Unless of course it gets crimson'd.

Next up, between days, a Travelling Merchant Spawned, and he had 1 of the last 2 items I need!

ED6D2C9F78B80D89E9B7444D709EA4E65ECC85E9

A stupid harpy hit me just as I was gonna screenshot so the mouse cursor jumped a bit, but the focus is the Paint Sprayer you see above the glowsticks. Now all that remains is a Cement Mixer.

So I went to the Lihzahrd Temple, and tried to set up a farm. The hallway is short, but I made an awesome discovery when I got an idea...

45E4DD66294E6EB6784C69272D4A364DE05C6FD9

At first, I kept seeing Lihzahrds getting up against the door and I was like "MAN, I wish I had a vilethorn..." but then I was like. Wait, is that a little dimple in the floor I see next to the door? I know what to do with this...

So I dumped some lava in....BUT...

I was not prepared for what happened next. The surprise from this Lihzahrd jumping THROUGH the door almost got me killed as now I had two very angry Lihzarhds attacking me with Easymode Equipment on. Well I grappled the ceiling in the nearby room and thankfully, they can't jump that high. Whew. I almost got killed!

Anyways, it paid off!

FA6B6485B7C5C5BDF5A031854DA16E17F45D2B79

Yup, that's me farming Solar Tablet Fragments......in Easymode. I got 5 of them on the first day. Kinda slow, I might try to make some adjustments to the nearby area to speed it up a little.

Well that's it for now!

Back
Top Bottom