tModLoader Painted Hills - Tie dye your worlds

hamstar

Terrarian

Requires Hamstar's Helpers

Does what it says on the tin: Dumps a truckload of unicorn diarrhea on your world (or at least on the mini-map; in-game results vary). I'll be improving the concept soon, such as adding "themes" (autumnal, gloomy, etc.), per-tile color blacklists (configurable), more styles and shapes for colored areas, and anything else I can manage. Enjoy.

Full source code here.

PaintedHills.png

Last edited:
THE COLORS, DUKE!

This looks horrendous for anyone with sensitive eyes. It'd certainly be unexpected to see, though. Keep up the good work!

Loving the concept of this. More color variation of surroundings -- truly something I didn't know I wanted from Terraria until now.

Looking forward to getting a way to customize 'themes' per biome, choosing which colors that appear and those which don't, and perhaps a way to designate how much un-painted/vanilla of each biome remains, etc etc. It's looking great so far, and the potential is even greater. :)

This looks pretty interesting. Might be good to blacklist certain things, like life crystals, but with some refinement, I could definitely see this livening up worlds a bunch.

I'm not sure how you thought of this or why you made it but i'm glad you did :happy:
Now all we need is a mod to make paint colours extremely florescent...

Note: Currently, painted worlds are vanilla compatible. The next version of this is going to use TML's own functions to implement a full gamut of colors AND not pollute the minimap, but it won't be vanilla compatible.

This won't enable anymore :( Says that it's compiled for 10.0.2 (or something) and auto disables. I really want a world that looks like a unicorn pooped all over everything! Will I be better off just looking for an older version of tMod to use?

Edit:
Even with an older version of tModLoader, I get this (It's the version that the error specifies the mod is built for, if enabled in current tMod):

Could not load type 'HamstarHelpers.MiscHelpers.DebugHelpers' from assembly 'HamstarHelpers_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at PaintedHills.PaintedHillsMod.LoadConfig()
at PaintedHills.PaintedHillsMod.Load() in c:\Users\myuser\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\PaintedHills\PaintedHillsMod.cs:line 27
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Last edited:
This won't enable anymore :( Says that it's compiled for 10.0.2 (or something) and auto disables. I really want a world that looks like a unicorn pooped all over everything! Will I be better off just looking for an older version of tMod to use?

Edit:
Even with an older version of tModLoader, I get this (It's the version that the error specifies the mod is built for, if enabled in current tMod):

Could not load type 'HamstarHelpers.MiscHelpers.DebugHelpers' from assembly 'HamstarHelpers_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at PaintedHills.PaintedHillsMod.LoadConfig()
at PaintedHills.PaintedHillsMod.Load() in c:\Users\myuser\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\PaintedHills\PaintedHillsMod.cs:line 27
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Well, the Helpers mod updated since then, so it's probably not going to work. I'll do an update, but also keep in mind worlds are prone to crashing due to memory errors for some reason, in places (hopefully not right at spawn, though). Maybe some settings adjustments could alleviate that (see config file)?

I've been planning a remake of this with better colors, minimap support, theming, and crash free. Just need to get around to it.

Last edited:
Thanks! BTW, my minimap is showing the painted colors, I saw you said you wanted to make the minimap work with it. Unless you meant something else?

Thanks! BTW, my minimap is showing the painted colors, I saw you said you wanted to make the minimap work with it. Unless you meant something else?
I meant I want to make an entirely new version using tModLoader's tile coloring (rather than Terraria's paint) so that tile colors wouldn't look like an exaggerated tie dye accident on the minimap, and I'd get more coloration options (maybe even shaders?).

I'd love an option to only paint the overground. I love actual painted hills but hell if this makes spelunking a lot harder

Back
Top Bottom