PS4 particle effects stop working on western edge of map

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
this is something i first noticed in my 1.3 world, so i figured it was just wonky behavior for old worlds.

but, for the first time, it just happened on my new 1.4 world, with a new 1.4 character.

now, this is a MINOR glitch, only visual, and it may POSSIBLY occur in other places, but the western ocean biome has been my only experience, so far.

i honestly have NO idea what causes it.

though i will say, on my 1.3 world, it seemed to happen EVERY time i went there, while it only just happened on my new world, and i wasn't really doing anything particular, just making some changes to a house to accomodate a new NPC.

again, very minor glitch, i wouldn't say it's a priority, because simply leaving the biome will restore particle effects such as anything from the double-jump or flight items, etc.

but since i experienced it outside of an old world, i figured i should atleast mention it.

if i disover a consistent cause for this issue, i'll update this topic.

Edit: well... it now seems to just... consistently happen on its own?

i traveled back to the western ocean biome, and particle effects are not showing up.

again, leaving restores them, so it definitely seems confined to the ocean biome.

strange, this literally just started happening, not sure what caused it?

Last edited:
this is something i first noticed in my 1.3 world, so i figured it was just wonky behavior for old worlds.

but, for the first time, it just happened on my new 1.4 world, with a new 1.4 character.

now, this is a MINOR glitch, only visual, and it may POSSIBLY occur in other places, but the western ocean biome has been my only experience, so far.

i honestly have NO idea what causes it.

though i will say, on my 1.3 world, it seemed to happen EVERY time i went there, while it only just happened on my new world, and i wasn't really doing anything particular, just making some changes to a house to accomodate a new NPC.

again, very minor glitch, i wouldn't say it's a priority, because simply leaving the biome will restore particle effects such as anything from the double-jump or flight items, etc.

but since i experienced it outside of an old world, i figured i should atleast mention it.

if i disover a consistent cause for this issue, i'll update this topic.

Edit: well... it now seems to just... consistently happen on its own?

i traveled back to the western ocean biome, and particle effects are not showing up.

again, leaving restores them, so it definitely seems confined to the ocean biome.

strange, this literally just started happening, not sure what caused it?
Thanks @ZeroJinKui I’m seeing others report that particles aren’t showing up near the dungeon and ocean on the left side of the world.

Back
Top Bottom