• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Sask

Terrarian
I also have that problem regarding the the True Eye of Cthulhu tweak just like a previous person mentioned, whenever I try to save my list it just won’t do...

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
It does not seem to work correctly when i try to validate the house made in corruption it will still state the house is invalid.
"This housing is invalid" means the house is invalid for other reasons. There is a specific message like: "This house is corrupted" for when the house is considered corrupt.

The first item was the issue. When I checked every item in the folder I extracted the program to showed as blocked. So I went through them all and unblocked averything. Then it worked fine.
I am curious as to why it only did it to this version and none of the previous ones. I am on windows 10 and net framework is at 4.6.
Windows 10 has an aggressive and incompetent application trust system that works in very, very stupid ways. Chances are, that system decided block the files for no good reason.

When I use tweak open chest without keys, it somehow deletes all my item in my inventory (in the void and piggy is not)
Also, there is a tiny bug about enable Journey mode any world: You can't control wind unless you disable wind changing
Same here, except I used the research to make it so I could recreate my stuff. But it freaked me out when I first did it in the dungeon.
When I did it to a shadow chest in hell it did not take anything. It did unlock the chest and I could get the stuff out.
Thanks for reporting this. It seems to only delete specific items, though I haven't identified a pattern yet. It will be fixed in the next update.

I also have that problem regarding the the True Eye of Cthulhu tweak just like a previous person mentioned, whenever I try to save my list it just won’t do...
The problem has been identified and will be fixed in the next update. In the meantime, simply drag the eye of cthulhu to set a non-zero idle position. The issue only occurs when you leave it at its default idle position, which is directly inside the player.

Elhazzared

Terrarian
Hey there,
First of all, thanks for this great tool, it was the only thing that saved me from the nightmare of spreading biomes after 1.4 came out.

If you are accepting sugestions as things you could include in your tools, might I sugest a liquid duplicator? Pumps used to do this but the devs broke (fixed but for me it's broke :p) it so it would be great to be able to have that back. Thanks

Ath3l

Terrarian
"This housing is invalid" means the house is invalid for other reasons. There is a specific message like: "This house is corrupted" for when the house is considered corrupt.
So i made a screenshot before using clentaminator on the area around and after. im pretty sure it said invalid house due to corruption.
i can send you the world file so you can test :)

Attachments

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hey there,
First of all, thanks for this great tool, it was the only thing that saved me from the nightmare of spreading biomes after 1.4 came out.

If you are accepting sugestions as things you could include in your tools, might I sugest a liquid duplicator? Pumps used to do this but the devs broke (fixed but for me it's broke :p) it so it would be great to be able to have that back. Thanks
Thanks for giving Terraria Tweaker 2 a try!
About liquid duping: I do miss that as well, but as for restoring it, well, unfortunately - no. The classic water/lava duping techniques were a byproduct of a bad, complex water system. Recreating those duping techniques requires replacing the existing water system with the old one, which would be an absolutely enormous burden for a very minuscule gain. So, as I'm sure you can guess, that isn't going to happen, I'm afraid.

Quick question. Does the torch luck tweak only change that aspect of the luck system? Or is it for overall luck?
The Override Torch Luck tweak overrides torch luck. It does what it says on the tin, there's no fine print.

So i made a screenshot before using clentaminator on the area around and after. im pretty sure it said invalid house due to corruption.
i can send you the world file so you can test :)
Your screenshots look identical, save for the chat text. What are you trying to show me?
Regardless, I did find some nasty spaghetti branches in a deeper scan that could be causing the "invalid housing" message to wrongly show up. The tweak will be updated in the next update (coming soon) to include patches for those areas, so look out for that!

Ranoru

Skeletron
I saw that when open chest without the key, it will delete 1 item of each kind. Eg: I have 30 potions and after opening the chest, it only has 29 remaining potions. But item like weapons, it gone for good. Thankfully I disable the autosave so I didn't lose anything

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker 2 version 2.2.1404.2 for Terraria 1.4.0.4 is live!
This update adds 9 new tweaks and includes bugfixes to enhance your Terraria experience.

New tweak: Infinite Ammo - All you need is 1 bullet and you've got infinite ammo!
New tweak: Remove Rod of Discord Restrictions - Teleport into solid blocks! Teleport in the Lihzahrd Temple! Teleport anywhere!
New tweak: Instant Teleport - Teleport with the press of a hotkey, no need for the Rod of Discord!
New tweak: 100% Complete Bestiary - Skip the grinding and instantly unlock everything in the bestiary!
New tweak: Reveal Player Luck - Reveals the exact luck factor that is currently affecting your gameplay!
New tweak: Change NPC House Size Restrictions - Change the minimum and maximum house sizes to your liking! Now you can fit NPCs into even smaller cages!
New tweak: Permanent Buffs - Grant yourself permanent buffs are always active, even if you respawn!
New tweak: Quick Stack to All Chests Hotkey - Activate the Quick Stack to All Nearby Chests ability with a hotkey of your choosing!
New tweak: Toggle Capture Mode Hotkey - Quickly toggle Capture Mode a hotkey of your choosing!
Added the useTurn Item attribute to the list of Global Item Attribute modifications
Improved coverage of the Allow Corrupt NPC Houses tweak
Fixed savedata issue with the True Eye of Cthulhu Guardian tweak
Fixed bug in Open Locked Chests Without Keys that partially cleared player inventories
Updated NPC Spawner to allow spawning more than 1 NPC at at time

As usual, check the OP for updated download links or use TT2's inline updater to get this update.

Slaneesh

Duke Fishron

-snip-
Excellent additions and improvements, as always! Hotkeys will always be welcome in my book; speaking of which- I know there were some consideration before, however I wanted to add onto the original suggestion;
Hotkeys for invulnerability and invincibility were discussed already, so I'll just gloss over it real quick, though I'm hoping both could make it in, surprisingly helpful when testing traps, but I also don't wanna go through too much of a hassle manually disabling each tweak.

An ingame hotkey for toggling fullbright could be an easy addition as well- I believe.

Moving on from hotkey suggestions however... With the tweak 'Permanent Buffs' being added, I noticed it got quite a nice graphics list of toggling what is applied and what isn't, would the tweak 'Buff Immunity Overrides' get any similar treatment?

Ruin

Golem
Thank you for the update @TiberiumFusion ! Enjoying those new features.

Report:
"The Zoologist will always sell the Universal Pylong..." (Super minuscule, I know.)
Tipsy is missing from the Permanent Buff list

Suggestion:
Hopefully simple, but would it be possible to increase the speed at which items are extractinated? Decreasing the UseTime/UseAnimation of Silt/Slush/Desert Fossil doesn't change the speed.

Also, I feel bad to suggest things every time I comment. You've already done so much for us with this tool (and so frequently) and I'm beginning to feel selfish.

Radenium

Spazmatism
@TiberiumFusion you continue to amaze. Thank you so much for this, we truly do not deserve the immense kindness you show but we absolutely appreciate it. It's becoming rare to find a dev so willing to listen to their userbase and value them... hell, in today's world it's becoming hard to find ANYONE like that. You're the kind of person everyone should be.

PerryMason

Steampunker
The Override Torch Luck tweak overrides torch luck. It does what it says on the tin, there's no fine print.
Interesting. So I would suggest a tweak to set and freeze a specific value for luck (I believe that it ranges from -0,7 to +1.0)

Damn good update! Thanks for including my suggestion and thanks for the awesome work for the community.

Radenium

Spazmatism
Interesting. So I would suggest a tweak to set and freeze a specific value for luck (I believe that it ranges from -0,7 to +1.0)
That's already in there.

edit: Oh wait, no it isn't. That's just torch luck, not overall luck. Oops.

Last edited:

Fandande

Terrarian
Hey guys, I am new to Terraria, just bought the game yesterday. Is this compatible with tmodloader? I want to use tmodloader mods together with some tweaks from this tool.

Thank you.

Ranoru

Skeletron
I've tried to use the tweak "Full Bestiary" and it works while the tweak was enabled. But it didn't work in vanilla (what I mean is, when I use the tweak, it reveal the bestiary and I save that world, then exit the game, go back in vanilla and the bestiary is not saved. In short, this tweak is temporary)
So is there any other way to make this tweak permanently like reveal the whole minimap tweak? Or for now it just impossible?

Drconfused

Terrarian
What a superb tool! Your work in making this and continuing to support it is invaluable, thank you so much!

Is there any way that more control can be added to the Creative Mode Place/Break Range and Item Pickup Range so that we can change specifically how far the range is?

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Hotkeys for invulnerability and invincibility...
...An ingame hotkey for toggling fullbright could be an easy addition as well- I believe.
Those 3 tweaks use traditional patching instead of the newer Harmony patching agent. Adding a hotkey function to traditional patches is actually rather time consuming, so, for that reason, most traditional tweaks (i.e. non-Harmony tweaks) will not receive any significant changes (such as a hotkey function). Fullbright already has a toggle in the form of a chat command, which is good enough for me. Invincibility and Invulnerability are big ticket items, though, so they will be some of the select few traditional patches to receive hotkeys in the future.

Moving on from hotkey suggestions however... With the tweak 'Permanent Buffs' being added, I noticed it got quite a nice graphics list of toggling what is applied and what isn't, would the tweak 'Buff Immunity Overrides' get any similar treatment?
Perhaps, but that is a low priority right now.

Report:
"The Zoologist will always sell the Universal Pylong..." (Super minuscule, I know.)
Thanks for pointing that out. Fixing typos have a tiny effect, yes, but they also take a tiny amount of time to fix, so they always have good value when it comes to what's worth fixing.
Suggestion:
Hopefully simple, but would it be possible to increase the speed at which items are extractinated? Decreasing the UseTime/UseAnimation of Silt/Slush/Desert Fossil doesn't change the speed.
I'll take a look at that. That would definitely make farming for the Dinosaur a lot easier.
Also, I feel bad to suggest things every time I comment. You've already done so much for us with this tool (and so frequently) and I'm beginning to feel selfish.
Whether to suggest something or not is entirely up to you. I write down all the suggestions I get, regardless of feasibility or value.

I really like the tool. However I found out you can't actually edit the Eternia Crystal NPC. An edit to make the crystal invincible or give it a lot of health or defense would be great.
Thanks for giving Terraria Tweaker 2 a try! And yes, modifying the Eternia Crystal would be very nice. It's been suggested before and might be in a future update soon.

Yes... I knew it wouldn't be long before someone requested that :) It's on my list.

Hey guys, I am new to Terraria, just bought the game yesterday. Is this compatible with tmodloader? I want to use tmodloader mods together with some tweaks from this tool.

Thank you.
Terraria Tweaker 2 only officially support vanilla Terraria and TerrariaPatcher. That said, however, I've had several reports over the years that some of Terraria Tweaker's features do work with tModLoader. But keep in mind that any compatibility is purely coincidental.

I've tried to use the tweak "Full Bestiary" and it works while the tweak was enabled. But it didn't work in vanilla (what I mean is, when I use the tweak, it reveal the bestiary and I save that world, then exit the game, go back in vanilla and the bestiary is not saved. In short, this tweak is temporary)
So is there any other way to make this tweak permanently like reveal the whole minimap tweak? Or for now it just impossible?
Yes, the effects of the tweak do not carry over into vanilla Terraria. This is intentional, at least for now. Deciphering the bestiary savedata logic could be a beast of its own, since ReLogic made sure to use some of the most backwards & asinine programming patterns when creating the bestiary.

Is there any way that more control can be added to the Creative Mode Place/Break Range and Item Pickup Range so that we can change specifically how far the range is?
It's on my list of suggestions now and might appear in a future update.

Top Bottom