• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA! (1.4 compatible!)

Ruin

Golem
I could give you a list of all possible stats that could possibly be put in suggestions that are stats related, though power scale and super power (+the placement/pickup range) does cover most (if not all) of them already
Well, I'd hope that if a player stat for some of those don't exactly exist, then some dirty edit could be made to compensate. Like, say editing the Mana bonus on Band of Starpower or the Movement Speed bonus of an Aglet and add them to the Persistent Accessory lists. Changing bonuses of an existing Persistent Accessory in the Omnipatcher doesn't affect the Persistent version as of now.

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Well, I'd hope that if a player stat for some of those don't exactly exist, then some dirty edit could be made to compensate. Like, say editing the Mana bonus on Band of Starpower or the Movement Speed bonus of an Aglet and add them to the Persistent Accessory lists. Changing bonuses of an existing Persistent Accessory in the Omnipatcher doesn't affect the Persistent version as of now.
Ahh, that's because the stats of an accessory is decided using the itemID itself, for example, the bonuses from an aglet is stored somewhere where omnipatcher doesn't edit.

Oh and, for the mana usage and mining speed you can just modify the Crystal Ball's Mana Cost Reduction, and the Slice of Cake's Mining Speed Bonus (and movement speed) and just set durations for these at really high. :p
In the case of movement speed, there's still a cap if you're using boots (30/34 mph depending on boot). :p

Last edited:

Mumpkin

Terrarian
A suggestion for the UI: With many data providing Accessoires, the area at the top right gets filled up and blocks the view.
The immediate thought of course is "i can disable that with the little buttons on the right when i open the inventory"
Maybe a feature could be added, where we can toggle ALL those stats at once with a key.

However, reading all these many other suggestions and about the upcoming HappyDay, maybe this is a good time to pause and reflect and see what is possible then.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
> More Specific virtual accessories - Persistent accessories can exist in 2 ways - groups of often-requested items or as a one-patch-fits-all for all items. The latter would take an exorbitant amount of time. The former isn't much better, as it requires quick a bit of time and inescapable manual data entry.
> Accessory Uber upgrade - A new concept isn't much help without specific examples.
> Toggle Armour Sets - This requires a capable & robust patch, which would take a serious amount of time.
> Nurse NPC price override - Sounds useful, but somewhat niche. Would probably be a good filler tweak.
> Modify Pet summon slots - Interesting, but largely cosmetic and thus nonfunctional. This would make for a good filler tweak for a later update.
> Modify Statue spawning cooldown + restrictions - I didn't know statues had new restrictions with 1.4. I'll have to learn more about that.
> Modify chances/requirements for a meteorite landing - Reverting to 1.3 behavior is already on my list of suggestions. It might be in a update soon.
> Modify Vendor products + price - This requires a capable, robust & massive patch, which would take an incredible amount of time.
> Unlock all vendor items - Previously suggested. This requires a very large patch, which would take some serious time.
> Global change of flow for water/lava/honey - Not sure what this would require exactly, but I'm estimating a pretty serious amount of time. Additionally, this may cause serious issues with other aspects of gameplay and may be entirely ineffectual for slower computers. It could be a landmine for hasty user complaints.
> Projectiles can pass through portals (By portal gun) - Seems simple enough and sounds like fun. Could be a quick patch.
> FPS Optimisation - You are asking for an extreme amount of labor here. Any real performance benefits will be gained by throwing out Terraria and rewriting it from scratch in a performant way.
> More Omnipatcher Attributes - It has been some time since I looked for new & useful attributes. I may add some more once the high and medium priority items on my list are done.
> Projectile editor - I've had this requested before and the answer is pretty much the same: Omnipatcher-style modification of projectiles will be a 50-100 hour job.
> "Mock" NPC ID - What you're saying here doesn't really make any sense.
> Modify drop rates - This has been requested since the dawn of time. The item drop logic is an ungodly, wretched abomination that I refuse to touch. It will be a 200+ hour job to achieve this. If you have specific item drops in mind, you can use the upcoming plugin system to patch said drop rates to your liking.
> "Test tweaklist" - A simulate patch function could be useful. If there's a clean way to add that, I probably will.
> Automatically make backup files on save - The situation you described was the first case ever brought up about corrupted savedata, and I am wholly confident it is a fault with your computer and perhaps use of said computer. A graduated backup system is never a bad thing to have, but it is very low value and thus very low priority for now.
> Concept of "Modules" - This sounds like an incredible amount of extra labor for a minor function and most likely won't happen. The upcoming anniversary update may include a new tweak list editor layout that is quicker to navigate, which will make finding specific tweaks easier.

When the plugin system releases, you will be able to create pretty much any of these modifications yourself.

Yes, tried different hotkeys with/without modifiers.
Will reveal map get fixed? it doesn't work for me
Please start a conversation with me (using the forums Conversations feature) so you can share your tweak list, logging information, and other details.

> Arrow Velocity - This is hardcoded into items and projectiles and would require a serious amount of time to completely patch.
> Crate Chance - Typically, this ought to fall under a "fishing drops" kind of tweak, which is virtually impossible for the same reasoning as an "item drop rates" kind of tweak (i.e. 200+ hour job). But, since 1.4 has made fishing for crates the most common & time-consuming activity of the entire game, I'd be willing to do something specific to change the crate chances.
Damage Reduction (Like from Endurance and Worm Scarf)
> Defense (Flat Defense, not a scale) - Yes, this would be a nice thing to have.
> Mining Speed - Ditto
> Lava Immunity Timer - Also convenient, and could be quick to implement
> Regeneration Time - Health and mana regeneration follow some backwards-:red: logic that is virtually impossible to reduce down to a single factor. A tweak to modify it could likely be very confusing and unfortunately incur a lot of false complaints from lazy users.
> Regeneration Counter - See above
> Movement Speed (Not a scale) - Seems like a good fit
> Melee Speed - Seems like a good fit
> Knockback - Seems like a good fit
> Mana (Not base Mana, but bonus Mana) - Would best be its own "custom mana" tweak of sorts
> Mana Usage - Seems like a good fit
> Minion Knockback - I'm not sure how this works. Would have to learn more first.
> Spawn Rate - Would do well as its own tweak
> Spawn Cap - This is a fixed 200, hard coded in a million places, and would be a nightmare to create and maintain a patch for.
> Ultrabright Helmet (as some have suggested) - Maybe in a utility set of persistent accessories
> Diving Gear or Flipper & Diving Helmet (so that Jellyfish Necklace and Ice Skates aren't included) - Maybe
> Black Belt & Tabi (so that Tiger Climbing Gear isn't included) - Maybe
> Obsidian Rose - Prolly in a utility set of persistent accs
> Flower Boots - Prolly in a utility set of persistent accs

@TiberiumFusion
Omg, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is there anyway you can expose the health regeneration rate like you did the luck factor? The formula for regeneration is ridiculously convoluted and it's not always clear how accessories interact with each other or not. This has been something I wish we could see for years. Even if it's just a mouse over on your hearts saying "Current Health Regeneration: 1.06" or something.
There's a reason it's not shown. Health and mana regeneration is the result of a rather elaborate logic path that virtually cannot be reduced down to a single number, or even two numbers. It is multi-dimensional in a really annoying way.

Changing bonuses of an existing Persistent Accessory in the Omnipatcher doesn't affect the Persistent version as of now.
This is because the persistent accessories use duplicated logic that is placed elsewhere from where it originated.

A suggestion for the UI: With many data providing Accessoires, the area at the top right gets filled up and blocks the view.
The immediate thought of course is "i can disable that with the little buttons on the right when i open the inventory"
Maybe a feature could be added, where we can toggle ALL those stats at once with a key.

However, reading all these many other suggestions and about the upcoming HappyDay, maybe this is a good time to pause and reflect and see what is possible then.
So a hotkey to toggle all the cellphone parts' stat readouts at once? That should be a quick patch.

ollychop

Terrarian
it keeps saying access denied error 0x5 and ive fixed it before but it came back and i dont remember how i fixed it so is there a solution to this steam error

Blitztein

Terrarian
> Accessory Uber upgrade - A new concept isn't much help without specific examples.
To elaborate, the effects of accessories can be modified to be heightened or have a weaker effect. The effects themselves are the ones granted by the accessories.
Examples:

- Changing the Spore Sac's damage, number of spores spawned per sec . . .
- Changing the Shiny Stone so that you could access it's effects even while moving, being able to modify the health regen rate . . .
- Changing Eye Of Cthulhu Shield/Tabi's dash speed, cooldown and duration . . .
- Changing Putrid scent's subtraction to aggro, changing critical strike . . .
- Changing Quadruple Balloons so you could change the amount of jumps you could make mid-air (or even infinite) . . .

The list goes on to every accessory, since we're only modifying what is currently present in the given accessory.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

smeagolheart

Terrarian
Health and mana regeneration is the result of a rather elaborate logic path that virtually cannot be reduced down to a single number, or even two numbers. It is multi-dimensional in a really annoying way.
That stinks. Health regen is very mysterious and overly complicated thing. That's one thing it'd be great to shine some daylight on.

- Can you show your PC's specs?
-Are there other tweaks you added (explain)
- Do you get an error (failed patch) in launching
As i said, there is no error in launch, i'm using almost all tweaks, i will attach screenshots, don't really want to write them all. My PC - i7-4790, gtx 1070, terraria is on ssd, 16gb ram, windows 10. The tweak was working before, i still have this worlds with revealed maps. It was in 1.4.0.3.

Attachments

Blitztein

Terrarian
As i said, there is no error in launch, i'm using almost all tweaks, i will attach screenshots, don't really want to write them all. My PC - i7-4790, gtx 1070, terraria is on ssd, 16gb ram, windows 10. The tweak was working before, i still have this worlds with revealed maps. It was in 1.4.0.3.
Hmm, without any further information I can't fully grasp the problem . . .

Could you send me the tweaklist so I could test it myself? (You can right click a tweaklist to show additional details including the file location)

(Fellow Modder Here)

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Thanks, but your computer specs are pretty much useless information in diagnosing the issue you are experiencing. Please start a conversation with me (using the forums Conversations feature) so you can share your tweak list, logging info, and other relevant details.

Hmm, without any further information I can't fully grasp the problem . . .

Could you send me the tweaklist so I could test it myself? (You can right click a tweaklist to show additional details including the file location)
Please do not solicit as support for Terraria Tweaker. If you are going to be very direct in addressing issues that other users are experiencing, make a clear mention that you are a user yourself and not an official source of information on Terraria Tweaker.

smeagolheart

Terrarian
wow that was uncalled for.. someone needs to get off his high horse.
Hey he's developing this by himself. He's only asking that others clarify their role to prevent confusion.

Someone else, who's not actually coding this thing, might promise that some feature is easy to add when it's not or they describe some existing feature incorrectly and people could become frustrated with TiberberiumFusion who's actually digging in there and making this when he had nothing to do with the promise or comment.

Last edited:

Ruin

Golem
This is because the persistent accessories use duplicated logic that is placed elsewhere from where it originated.
That's what I was assuming. I only mentioned that bit in my message so that it's clear I had tried every possible tweak at the current stage. Just like I've messed with Clairvoyance and Sugar Rush stats for the time being. I hope that bit didn't come off as if I was reporting a flaw, or something.

Replies in regards to suggestions
Thank you for going through them, and apologies for suggesting things that would be asking for too much. You clearly know the internals of the game better than most, so sorry again for throwing more difficult tasks in there.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Thank you for going through them, and apologies for suggesting things that would be asking for too much. You clearly know the internals of the game better than most, so sorry again for throwing more difficult tasks in there.
No need to apologize for that. Just about any kind of suggestion is fine, since it's pretty unreasonable to expect the average user to know what's required to achieve what they're thinking of.
Only entitled, begging, & presumptive suggestions aren't cool.

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Can't find post again about the buff potions that don't run out, played around with making something like it when I first saw the post, then I forgot about the post... even though I got the staffs working lol.
Anyway, whoever it was, you can just change bufftype on a summoner staff along with disabling anything got to do with it being a summoner staff. :p
As its a weapon, its not consumable, and yeah, this likely works with any weapon... or anything really, just need to slap on useStyle, useTime and useAnimation on it (so it can be used) though of course, don't use something that's normally consumable. I just used summoner staffs because best fitting one(, but entirely possible nothing else works, as it could be the item needs to provide a buff normally, so it could be between summoner staffs, vanity pets and light pets, the latter two can't be equipped after doing this though).

BuffSummon.PNG

(That's for Shine)
Not shown in picture above but need to Force Change Attribute and add BuffTime on the right side too, buffs only have a duration of 60 seconds when there is no bufftime listed.
36000 = 10 minutes.
Not needed if the buff normally is constant, like if you were to put Dryad's Blessing on the staff for example, it will be a persistent buff, as if you had a pocket Dryad with you that constantly used her buff/attack thing. :p
Obviously doesn't do the ring though, just gives you the buff lul.

Best thing? Because "summon" is set to false, Quick Buff works with them, I don't know why it does but, I'm gonna go ahead and assume the code for quick buff is written in a way where so long as an item has a buffType that's normally from a buff potion/food and isn't considered a weapon or anything then, it will work with Quick Buff. :p
Oh and, obvious but -- don't modify anything you might want to use at some point, as the weapon/item will be entirely unusable afterwards (so long as the tweak is in effect of course lmao). :p

Last edited:

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Terraria Tweaker 2 version 2.2.1405.5 for Terraria 1.4.0.5 is live
This update adds 3 new tweaks and updates the Superpower tweak to include many new attributes.

► New Tweak: Fix Meteor Spawns - Now you can spawn meteors by breaking shadow orbs/crimson hearts again!
► New Tweak: Fix Martian Saucer Laser - Revert the Martian Saucer's death laser to its 1.3 behavior so that it cannot penetrate tiles anymore
► New Tweak: Modify Fishing Crate Chance - Make fishing up crates as likely or unlikely as you desire!
Updated the Superpower tweak with new modifications: defense, mining speed, lava immunity timer, movement speed, melee speed, knockback, mana usage reduction
Minor TT2 application improvements

As usual, check the OP for updated download links or use TT2's inline updater to get this update.

The next update will be the anniversary update on July 12th, for Terraria Tweaker's 5th birthday. In the meantime, only hotfix updates will be made (if necessary) so as to entirely focus on the new big features. The upcoming plugin system will most likely be in this update.

HatterHog

Terrarian
I'm Having an issue where the tweaks folder is empty, even though a tweak list has been created. I've tried uninstalling the program, but nothing seems to be working. I also looked in the logs, and saw that there were multiple errors when trying to create a tweak list. also something about "terrariatweakerwashere" missing or something. Please help in anyway you can.

Top Bottom