Sprites Peace Candlebara - The mapmaker's blessing

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Have you ever wanted to build an exploration-based map, but worry what happens if your map is played at night? Or you're building, and that dumb zombie blocks you from placing that last Red Stucco?
Not anymore, say hello to the Peace Candelabra!
New Piskel (100).png

When placed, gives
1584994097281.png
Peace Overload in a 100 block radius.
During Peace Overload, no enemies will spawn, only statue enemies.
Bosses can still spawn.​
This is most likely OP and dumb, but what do you think?

Cenx said there will be a creative mode when version 1.4 of Terraria arrives.
and, if you don't know, in the creative mode there will be absolutely no enemy to bother you, because this mode is made for those people who want to build things and live in peace.

and, if you don't know, in the creative mode there will be absolutely no enemy to bother you, because this mode is made for those people who want to build things and live in peace.
Or you could just not take damage.

plus they said “of some sort” and thatyou would have to earn it.

I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere whether or not (or how) creative mode will effect enemy spawnrates. Just making sure there's no misinformation going around!

I think this is cool, but it should have some restrictions or else you could just explore underground with literally no enemies spawning. Maybe it's really expensive/resource intensive to get or can only be placed within a certain distance to an NPC's house so that it's only used to build in peace.

I think this is cool, but it should have some restrictions or else you could just explore underground with literally no enemies spawning. Maybe it's really expensive/resource intensive to get or can only be placed within a certain distance to an NPC's house so that it's only used to build in peace.
I do agree it should be very expensive, requiring maybe even adamantite/titanium.

However, it should not be restricted to NPC homes. If you're making an adventure map, then every 200 blocks or so, you'd have to place an NPC house. This would greatly limit the size of safe adventure maps when compared to letting these being placed anywhere.

I do agree it should be very expensive, requiring maybe even adamantite/titanium.

However, it should not be restricted to NPC homes. If you're making an adventure map, then every 200 blocks or so, you'd have to place an NPC house. This would greatly limit the size of safe adventure maps when compared to letting these being placed anywhere.
I didn't think about adventure maps, that's true. The more I think about it, the more it seems like this would be kind of gamebreaking and either restrict users from taking full advantage of it or allow them to completely obliterate any difficulty. I guess the best solution is making it really hard to get, I think pre-mech tier metals like Lord Ecramox said would work, especially since there aren't really any new enemies meant to be difficult after that point. (There is the exception the new dungeon enemies post-Plantera, but the only reason someone would go to the dungeon post-Plantera would be to farm Ectoplasm/rare drops, in which case you wouldn't want it, or to open a biome chest, which takes short eough a time that you probably wouldn't even bother using these.)

Well, look at the other side of the coin.
Anyone who wants no enemies will be missing out on 80% of the resources in the game.
Think about it.
No ichor, no souls, no bones, etc.

Back
Top Bottom