Switch PERMANENTLY turned to stone by Medusa (Nintendo Switch bug)

[TL]Verxion

Terrarian
I was setting up my arena for Plantera when I got attacked by a pair of Medusa’s. I got turned to stone, no big deal, right? I waited and waited and WAITED and it just wouldn’t wear off. My minions killed the Medusa’s. Still turned to stone. I couldn’t move, couldn’t do ANYTHING. Waited and waited.

Exited map, reload map.... I STILL HAVE THE DEBUFF!!!!

Force kill the entire game, reload.... I STILL HAVE THE DEBUFF!!!

Tried loading my cloud save... no dice, it saved it there too.

Does anyone happen to have the pocket mirror on Nintendo Switch? The only way I can think of that I might be able to rid myself of the debuff would be to equip the pocket mirror.

HELP!!!

-Verxion

This just happened to me. July 3 2019 @ 9:10 am

Tried to reset game, start new world, remove all equipped armor.

Can’t use my mirror even though I have it.

I hope there is a fix. I have everything in my inventory to create my terra blade (minus 4 Stingers) I was I. The jungle trying to collect stingers and was permanently frozen by Medusa.

I would hate to lose all of that progress.

Attachments

• 17A8A62A-D18B-4AA4-B3E3-E240140CBB18.jpeg
    17A8A62A-D18B-4AA4-B3E3-E240140CBB18.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,149
I was able to resolve it by setting pvp flag and having my son kill me.

This just happened to me. July 3 2019 @ 9:10 am

Tried to reset game, start new world, remove all equipped armor.

Can’t use my mirror even though I have it.

I hope there is a fix. I have everything in my inventory to create my terra blade (minus 4 Stingers) I was I. The jungle trying to collect stingers and was permanently frozen by Medusa.

I would hate to lose all of that progress.

I was setting up my arena for Plantera when I got attacked by a pair of Medusa’s. I got turned to stone, no big deal, right? I waited and waited and WAITED and it just wouldn’t wear off. My minions killed the Medusa’s. Still turned to stone. I couldn’t move, couldn’t do ANYTHING. Waited and waited.

Does anyone happen to have the pocket mirror on Nintendo Switch? The only way I can think of that I might be able to rid myself of the debuff would be to equip the pocket mirror.

HELP!!!

-Verxion

I received a tip to create a new world, hardmode (optional) and let the dimes kill you. Take off your armor and items. It works. When you respawn the stone is gone.

The guide keeps trying to kill the slimes though lol.

I was able to resolve it by setting pvp flag and having my son kill me.
I received a tip to create a new world, hardmode (optional) and let the dimes kill you. Take off your armor and items. It works. When you respawn the stone is gone.

The guide keeps trying to kill the slimes though lol.
I’m glad both of you were able to use workarounds.

If you haven’t already, I suggest sending this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, on the Switch version placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.

Glad I wasn't the only one experiencing this. I had my auto save turned off so I just closed the game and opened it back up, rather then trying a different world.

So this bug happened to me but luckily my spawn point was a boss arena lol so I was on platforms and I could go down them and kill my self and when I respond I was good again. Lol

(On Nintendo Switch) I was just playing as a summoner just getting some Souls of Night. Wearing my spider armor when Medusa turned me into stone forever... I don’t know what to do. I exited, reload, closed game, re-opened, made a new map, etc etc.. nothing seams to work!!!
The stone effect is counting minus seconds... anyway this can be fixed? I am stuck and cannot play...

HELP!!!

-Verxion

DM me your friend code. I can join your game and fix it. You will need to know how to turn on your pvp flag though. Basically if I kill your character, once you respawn from me killing you, the Debuff goes away.

I’ve successfully done this for a bunch of people on discord that got turned to stone.

-Verxion

(On Nintendo Switch) I was just playing as a summoner just getting some Souls of Night. Wearing my spider armor when Medusa turned me into stone forever... I don’t know what to do. I exited, reload, closed game, re-opened, made a new map, etc etc.. nothing seams to work!!!
The stone effect is counting minus seconds... anyway this can be fixed? I am stuck and cannot play...

Omg this is happening to me too! Just happened last night. I haven’t played pvp though since I don’t own Nintendo online. Is there a fix for this that doesn’t require going online?

Omg this is happening to me too! Just happened last night. I haven’t played pvp though since I don’t own Nintendo online. Is there a fix for this that doesn’t require going online?

-remove all armor/acessories to get 0 defense
-create a new char and new small world
-dug a hole around 100 tiles dept one original spawn point
-switch back to stoned char. he will death to fall damage, when respawn will be un-stoned

This happened to me as well, however i came up with a different work around since i didn't feel like getting online at 3am to beg for people to kill me.
What i did was create a new character, make them dig a three tile wide tunnel straight down like 50 or so tiles (i never set my spawn point), and then log back in as my main character to have them plummet to their death from the spawn point.

I had read all the complaints about this bug but it never happened to me and then within an hour of downloading the July update I was stone cold frozen. I was using the drill containment unit and my cell summon killed medusa before I even saw her.

(internet is sketchy so I just got around to downloading the update)

This happened to me as well, however i came up with a different work around since i didn't feel like getting online at 3am to beg for people to kill me.
What i did was create a new character, make them dig a three tile wide tunnel straight down like 50 or so tiles (i never set my spawn point), and then log back in as my main character to have them plummet to their death from the spawn point.
Thanks so much this was a great solution. This fixed my problem immediately

Just happened to me. Thanks for the solution. I was freaking out that I'd be stuck like this forever, since my armor bonus was killing everything around me and I didn't realize I could take it off while turned to stone.

This kinda funny though. People are complaining about being permanently turned to stone but in the real legend that’s what happens. There’s no going back once the real Medusa turns you to stone. But yes, this is game. The debuff is supposed to be temporary. Just think it’s funny though.

Back
Top Bottom