NPCs & Enemies Pets and Terrariums.

Doozerpindan

Terrarian
First of all, I was hyped when I realised we could get pets that follow us around, but then I was really disappointed when i realised us PC players couldn't get a pet slime.

But, something that would be really nice, is being able to create terrariums and make them as big and small as you want, and any shape or style you want. So, if I have squirrells and rabbits, then I can have a labyrinthine Terrarrium, and a huge Terrarrium for my birds and butterflies.

Also, being able to place and loot multiple creatures inside Terrariums, but the more creatures you place, the bigger the minimum size the Terrarium needs to be (so two animals means two Tarrarium blocks touching each other directly and so on).

Also, being able to have maybe an Enchanted terrarium and Enchanted Net or whatever for catching enemies (slimes, zombies, etc) would be sweet so we can have zombie and slime zoos and the like.

First of all, I was hyped when I realised we could get pets that follow us around, but then I was really disappointed when i realised us PC players couldn't get a pet slime.

But, something that would be really nice, is being able to create terrariums and make them as big and small as you want, and any shape or style you want. So, if I have squirrells and rabbits, then I can have a labyrinthine Terrarrium, and a huge Terrarrium for my birds and butterflies.

Also, being able to place and loot multiple creatures inside Terrariums, but the more creatures you place, the bigger the minimum size the Terrarium needs to be (so two animals means two Tarrarium blocks touching each other directly and so on).

Also, being able to have maybe an Enchanted terrarium and Enchanted Net or whatever for catching enemies (slimes, zombies, etc) would be sweet so we can have zombie and slime zoos and the like.

I like the idea of having way bigger terrariums (it'd also be cool if I could enter the background into the terrarium. Oh, my wishes).

Glad people are liking the idea, but here's an addition. Adding and removing things such as water/sand/dirt/etc so we can have slimes bouncing around in water if they're in the right section of there Terrarium. This is why I mentioned different styles as being able to create circular and ramped Tarrarium blocks (and there are plenty of other shapes too).

I'd love being able to catch enemies! (Especially stuff like slimes and sharks). Obviously there would be limits, like Paladins and bosses, but it would add a whole new level of collection to the game.

This is actually a really cool idea, i would love to catch slimes and put them in a cage :passionate:

also catching the destroyer is pretty beast too.

It should act just like Pokemon.Stab 'em until they have low health and use bugnet for 5% chance of catching.

i have a better idea for pets catching - you catch mob, then if you will drop his favourite item (e.g. chest to mimic), he will be tamed (adding more power for summoner class)
EDIT : each dropped item, favourite or not, will be lost

Perhaps have a crafting recipe that involves the banner for them? It allows you to get the loot and have the ability to get them into a terrarium. Mimic banners can be obtained through their statues.

Perhaps have a crafting recipe that involves the banner for them? It allows you to get the loot and have the ability to get them into a terrarium. Mimic banners can be obtained through their statues.
Banners are easy to obtain(doesn't even know where to arrange them all - just selling them alot)
Favourite items make some riddle (example : what Devourer loves? Worm food or rotten chunk?)
EDIT: You will catch them with cage (small,medium,large,XL and worm cage)
And then release at mob pens with their banners (small pens - 2 terrariums, medium - 8 ,large - 16, XL - large + 32 iron/lead fences, and worm - XL + 100 Dirt)
remember : XL pen is 50- or 100- block decorations, Worm pen is filled with dirt

Last edited:
Yes but what does possessed armor love? Armor polish? If you hunt after a certain banner (.5% chance to drop) you will eventually get it without having to figure out the riddles. When you said add more power to summoner class did you mean being able to summon enemies?

Yes but what does possessed armor love? Armor polish? If you hunt after a certain banner (.5% chance to drop) you will eventually get it without having to figure out the riddles. When you said add more power to summoner class did you mean being able to summon enemies?
Tamed enemies can help you in fight ( just get them in cage from pen and unleash their power!), and making enemies less easy to tame ( found demon banner? and thats all? but with favourite items you should give him hellstone, and catch him, not just grinding demons or crafting banners)
[DOUBLEPOST=1425576563][/DOUBLEPOST]also, horde of tamed zombies vs. Eye of Ctulhu looking wery fun, and remember - tamed enemies ARE NOT IMMORTAL! This make summoner work more interesting - concetrate on finding new allys and taming them instead of crafting staffs and banners

Instead of dropping the favorite items have a crafting station where you can craft the tame variant. Is that a good idea? Also I think that demons would prefer a guide voodoo doll personally.

yes, and this station will be selled by witch doctor always for 1 gold
EDIT: will make its sprite tommorow (and for cages too)

Last edited:
Four dozen ragged casters versus duke fishron. Let's do this.
Omg that would be so cool. What if it was wyvern vs Eow?
[doublepost=1505171339,1505171182][/doublepost]
Tamed enemies can help you in fight ( just get them in cage from pen and unleash their power!), and making enemies less easy to tame ( found demon banner? and thats all? but with favourite items you should give him hellstone, and catch him, not just grinding demons or crafting banners)
[DOUBLEPOST=1425576563][/DOUBLEPOST]also, horde of tamed zombies vs. Eye of Ctulhu looking wery fun, and remember - tamed enemies ARE NOT IMMORTAL! This make summoner work more interesting - concetrate on finding new allys and taming them instead of crafting staffs and banners
Problem is tho. I don't like the idea of losing a pet permanently maybe make them respawn? Or revived by some sort of spell?

Back
Top Bottom