Game Mechanics Pickup Blocker

Kerororomurr

Terrarian
Alright, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had that problem where you keep on getting the same item that you don't want, and you keep having to trash it-at least I always trash them right away, as I always prefer to keep my inventory as clean as possible. I have this happen with slimes so much that I even dedicated an inventory slot for storing gel, just so I'm not constantly trashing it. I'm sure this also happens with some farms.

So my idea is that there could be a way to stop this, by blocking that item from being picked up. I'm thinking there could be a bestiary-style thing you could go to where you could view all the different types of items you've ever picked up, and toggle pickup for each one. There could also be a keybind to toggle it from the inventory, as a more straightforward way of doing it.

Hopefully this wouldn't be too hard to implement-I don't really have that much experience with C#. Anyway, this would be super useful for farms, or pretty much just general gameplay.

Well there exists this item called an encumbering stone which prevents you from picking stuff up.

Just fyi I thought I would add…gel can also be in an ammo slot. However I do understand what you are wanting but only having to throw it away every 1000 or so is not that big of a deal and you can keep it in an ammo slot. Gel of course not being the only thing.

Jopojelly's "Auto-Trash" mod is an absolute must-have if you're on tModLoader. I refuse to play without it.

I've had this suggestion in my signature for as long as I've been a member here. Now people know why. :p

Back
Top Bottom