tModLoader Pinky's content pack

Spatterchunk is spawned upon defeat by the Sunlight Trader, who is a bird not a bee. Are you sure you beat the right boss? It's the one spawned with the egg in the desert. Anyways, Spatterchunk found in the surface-cave layer(not cavern) in dirt, and Sunken Gems are dropped from sea creatures such as sharks and jellyfish.

Yes I killed the desert boss, I found some. I guess it's just rare haha. Thanks again, I wish there was a wiki or something to look this stuff up! :)

I am trying to make one :')
MY STATS:
Cheat Engine: Lvl 12
Skill: Lvl 22
Hatemail: Lvl 0
Wiki Editing: Lvl -563

Also, feel free to join the Discord! I'll answer questions much faster there as I have the app on my phone but not access to TCF. Also, the Discord might be small but it's crazy. You can also read about WIP lore and suggest your ideas for the mod.(as well as bugs!)

I was with my friend on that IDKGames stream and I was surprised to see the first episode was shown here on this thread. We just finished playing through the mod alongside Crystilium, and I really enjoyed it. The Illusion of Pinky was a bit glitchy, kept teleporting around, but other than that, I really had a lot of fun. My favorite weapon had to be Rain Bow, which shredded a lot of bosses, but I enjoyed the Overlord and then I was blown away by the Cosmic Catharsis. Favorite boss had to be Abyssal Duo, the dark colors just look so good, plus the boss was pretty fun to fight! xD

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :pinky::happy:
As for the Illusion of Pinky, the weird teleportation is actually a feature to stop it getting stuck in blocks. It's the best I could come up with without using an advanced algorithm or radius-search which might lag the game and also might end up getting the Illusion stuck more. However, thanks lots for the feedback, and if I can come up with something better someday, i'll surely implement it.

edit: PS: There'll be one more boss with the Abysmal Duo colour scheme, as the final boss of the Dungeon story arc. It'll be a post-moonlord one and is much more detailed. I hope to release it soon!

Update: Just for those who want to resprite items or update the wiki, Pinkymod's sprites are now open source.

I'll have to say I've very impressed with this mod so far. All the new enemies are well designed and blend very well with the environment; they don't have the "obviously modded" feel to them. The weapons and armor feel sufficiently powerful compared to the effort and farming required in getting them. I think some of the pre-hardmode enemies may need a slight nerf though, but that's just personal preference. Overall great mod, and keep up the good work!

does the first boss, the trader, drop a treasure bag? C ause I've yet to see one.
Yes he does. I've tested it a few times and he drops for all of them. Can you check if you are on the latest version and expert?
I'll have to say I've very impressed with this mod so far. All the new enemies are well designed and blend very well with the environment; they don't have the "obviously modded" feel to them. The weapons and armor feel sufficiently powerful compared to the effort and farming required in getting them. I think some of the pre-hardmode enemies may need a slight nerf though, but that's just personal preference. Overall great mod, and keep up the good work!
Thanks! Also, if you like, will you list down the enemies you find needing of a nerf please? Currently, Dim Streams(damage nerf), Protector Eyes(make projectiles despawn faster) and Teal Floaters(speed nerf) are on the nerf list.

I know what happened. I kept dying and the first manifestation would die right after I would from an DoT.

Yes he does. I've tested it a few times and he drops for all of them. Can you check if you are on the latest version and expert?

Thanks! Also, if you like, will you list down the enemies you find needing of a nerf please? Currently, Dim Streams(damage nerf), Protector Eyes(make projectiles despawn faster) and Teal Floaters(speed nerf) are on the nerf list.
I don't really have any specific examples since I'm already in hard mode, I just felt like all the pinkymod enemies overall felt a lot more difficult than any of the other enemies, including from the other mods I have installed (Thorium, Calamity, Spirit). Then again the gear you can get is a lot better than the other gear too, so it balances out once you get the pinkymod stuff. I guess the mod is balanced around itself, which I think is okay if that's what you're going for.

Uhm, yeah. Pinkymod was designed to be a much harder mod than most content mods(eg: Thorium, until the marble enemies gank you), though I think the mod's bosses are far easier than Calamity's post ML, but are harder than anything pre ML.

Good mod,
but can i ask that you Nerf the Manifestation of Pinky (Sword/Shield Slime) Because its impossible to kill cause of teleporting.
Thanks

So I only just got back into modded terraria and decided to look around at some of the newer mods that have come out. I saw this one and, oh man, it looks amazing. While typing this I'm currently downloading the mod, and can't wait to try it out.

To the mod creator(s):
Great work on this mod so far, I love the first lore story that is there, and I think the mod has great potential! Keep doing what you're doing. :pinky:

Good mod,
but can i ask that you Nerf the Manifestation of Pinky (Sword/Shield Slime) Because its impossible to kill cause of teleporting.
Thanks
It's a miniboss, I don't think it really needs nerfed. Just get some good defense and tank it.

Alright. I guess i'll remove the teleportation entirely then(except the unstuck teleport if not it'll be too EZ), and maybe just buff the projectiles a bit.
So I only just got back into modded terraria and decided to look around at some of the newer mods that have come out. I saw this one and, oh man, it looks amazing. While typing this I'm currently downloading the mod, and can't wait to try it out.

To the mod creator(s):
Great work on this mod so far, I love the first lore story that is there, and I think the mod has great potential! Keep doing what you're doing. :pinky:
TYSM! If you want to read more of the lore, consider joining the discord. I post incomplete but still rather complete stories in the ATOGAM-Lore channel and you can discuss about the lore there too :D
(When the full stories are done, i'll post them here or in the upcoming Lore thread, but me being me, can't stick to finishing a single story for long(forgive me :') most of these are extremely long) and just write on when I have ideas.)

Linx, I'm truly enjoying your mod. A lot!! I've been playing these since the Tconfig days- I'm having so much fun. *edited to add I'm out of it today. I spelled the recipe wrong, even with the red squiggle! comment edited.

To be honest, I did not expect anything even close to the amount of support this mod is getting when I first released it. It's less than a year old and as of the daily downloads ranking yesterday, the #45th most downloaded mod. This number is far from the first(Calamity with 1000 downloads, which is less than I thought actually), but I am not complaining. Thanks everybody.
Also, VU75(or 74) will come out in a few days time hopefully, and I have 4 ish items left to program and sprite.

Honestly loved the mod, seeing just how simplistic it is and how complex it's lore is. Seeing just how good it can get and how it can get better really made me happy.

Back
Top Bottom