Items Plantera pot

Icybow73

Terrarian
Plantera is the only boss in the game without a spawning item, and frankly it needs one, as I dont want to go to one side of the jungle opposite to my main arena.

My idea is that the clay pot can turn into a plantera pot when one is holding the pot, and clicks a bulb with it. The bulb will disappear, and go into the pot which turns into a spawning item for it.

Edit: An additional idea, make it so you can replant it, so you can move a bunch of bulbs to one spot to your liking. Planting the bulb will make the plantera pot become a normal clay pot again.

Last edited:
Plantera is the only boss in the game without a summoning item, and frankly it needs one, as I dont want to go to one side of the jungle opposite to my main arena.

My idea is that the clay pot can turn into a plantera pot when one is holding the pot, and clicks a bulb with it. The bulb will disappear, and go into the pot which turns into a summoning item for it.
what do you mean summoning item, she gives you the pigmy staff.... golem doesnt have one, so does the lunatic cultist, and many more

what do you mean summoning item, she gives you the pigmy staff.... golem doesnt have one, so does the lunatic cultist, and many more
When I said summoning item, i meant a spawning item like the suspicious looking eye. I'll fix that

When I said summoning item, i meant a spawning item like the suspicious looking eye. I'll fix that
ohhh, now that makes sense, i think they did that for a reason, they did it because they spawn somewhere in the jungle, and they want you to find them, not just summon her to your pleasing, it would really be too easy to just keep fighting her over and over, but if this is at least aded once you beat plantera, that would make farming her better, but i think they left it that way for a reason

I 100% agree with this idea because in my expert world I beat the mech bosses and the plantera bulb wouldn't spawn. This would also be good for people who want to grind plantera for "the axe".

ohhh, now that makes sense, i think they did that for a reason, they did it because they spawn somewhere in the jungle, and they want you to find them, not just summon her to your pleasing, it would really be too easy to just keep fighting her over and over, but if this is at least aded once you beat plantera, that would make farming her better, but i think they left it that way for a reason
You would still need to look for bulbs the difference is that you don't have to keep rebuilding your arena.

a lot of mods add plantera summons however the one suggested in this thread feels the most reasonable and balanced.
I wanted to make things slightly easier on players, but still wanted the thrill of searching the jungle. I feel like it's way to easy to simply just craft one without going through the work of searching the jungle.

I'm also aware of mods having stuff like the portable plantera bulb from I think calamity, but I dont really like modding, the game is fine as it is

You know, they could add an additional item which takes a lot of jungle materials (25 stingers, 20 jungle spores, 5 vines, etc)

You know, they could add an additional item which takes a lot of jungle materials (25 stingers, 20 jungle spores, 5 vines, etc)
That takes a lot less searching and more grinding than it should take. It also shouldnt be as simple as crafting it without the bulb itself

Back
Top Bottom