Game Mechanics Plastic Surgery: A way to change skin tone & eye color

Warpshard

Empress of Light
I've noticed that when it comes to character customization, your skin tone & eye color are not capable of being changed despite your clothing, hair style, and hair color all having some functionality in the game somewhere where it can be changed after character creation. As Terraria is a game all about going outside of the normal scope of things, I would like to propose a change to one of the oldest NPC's in the game that will allow skin tone & eye color changing after the character has been created.
divider.png
First off, the Nurse. She is currently one of two NPC's that does not have a shop interface of any kind, yet she is one of the oldest NPC's in the game. Just as old dog can learn new tricks, old NPC's can learn new functions. A new button would be added to her UI, with the title "Plastic Surgery." Clicking on it would bring up an interface that looks very similar to that of the Dresser, but only with two buttons that look like this:
Eye Change Button.png
Skin Change Button.png
The icon on the left is the button for Eye Color Changing, and the icon on the left is the button for Skin Color Changing. Clicking on either of them would bring up the three color bars that come up on the dresser, or appear on the initial character creation screen. Whatever color your eyes/skin are currently is what the color of the icon will be, and will change as you modify the colors. Much like the Dresser, the Change & Cancel options are at the bottom of the GUI, but the difference is that changing your eye/skin color costs gold.

For each time you click the change button, so long as you have edited the color of your skin/eyes, a gold coin will be taken out of your inventory. For example, if you make your skin blue, and your eyes pure white, then two gold coins will be taken out of your inventory. If you don't have the money required to pay the Nurse, then the change button will be grayed out, and you will not be able to change your eye/skin color.

What do you think of the suggestion? Please leave feedback in the thread!

Last edited:
Good thing nobody made a plastic surgeon NPC suggestion, but maybe change the icons for the color changing.

Anyways, I'll support because the idea is pretty good.

Good thing nobody made a plastic surgeon NPC suggestion, but maybe change the icons for the color changing.

Anyways, I'll support because the idea is pretty good.
When you say change them, what do you have in mind? I picked an eye (which is admittedly pretty poor, but since I can't sprite very well, I'm pretty proud of it) because that is what you're changing, and I made a colored box for the skin changing since I can't really think of any good way to represent the color of a person's skin very well without being something completely outside of my scope of spriting.

When you say change them, what do you have in mind? I picked an eye (which is admittedly pretty poor, but since I can't sprite very well, I'm pretty proud of it) because that is what you're changing, and I made a colored box for the skin changing since I can't really think of any good way to represent the color of a person's skin very well without being something completely outside of my scope of spriting.

Perhaps the same pixelated eye and skin in the character customization menu? Edit: on the Console editions.

Perhaps the same pixelated eye and skin in the character customization menu? Edit: on the Console editions.
While that would work, I have no way to get those sprites since they probably aren't in PC Terraria's Content folder, and I don't have any other resources to copy them from. Thanks, though.

Love it! It really fits in with her theme! She's the only NPC that could do it, since a plastic surgeon NPC would be pointless :)

I've noticed that when it comes to character customization, your skin tone & eye color are not capable of being changed despite your clothing, hair style, and hair color all having some functionality in the game somewhere where it can be changed after character creation. As Terraria is a game all about going outside of the normal scope of things, I would like to propose a change to one of the oldest NPC's in the game that will allow skin tone & eye color changing after the character has been created.
divider.png
First off, the Nurse. She is currently one of two NPC's that does not have a shop interface of any kind, yet she is one of the oldest NPC's in the game. Just as old dog can learn new tricks, old NPC's can learn new functions. A new button would be added to her UI, with the title "Plastic Surgery." Clicking on it would bring up an interface that looks very similar to that of the Dresser, but only with two buttons that look like this: The icon on the left is the button for Eye Color Changing, and the icon on the left is the button for Skin Color Changing. Clicking on either of them would bring up the three color bars that come up on the dresser, or appear on the initial character creation screen. Whatever color your eyes/skin are currently is what the color of the icon will be, and will change as you modify the colors. Much like the Dresser, the Change & Cancel options are at the bottom of the GUI, but the difference is that changing your eye/skin color costs gold.

For each time you click the change button, so long as you have edited the color of your skin/eyes, a gold coin will be taken out of your inventory. For example, if you make your skin blue, and your eyes pure white, then two gold coins will be taken out of your inventory. If you don't have the money required to pay the Nurse, then the change button will be grayed out, and you will not be able to change your eye/skin color.

What do you think of the suggestion? Please leave feedback in the thread!

LOVE the idea! Characterization is usually a big thing to me, my current character has the cloth color I like but I totally forgot about changing the cloth style and now I got the regular boring look, I really wanted the trench coat look but I realized you could change the style to late. :/

I was just looking for a way to change my character's eye color and found this forum. There's no reason not to support this as far as I know, and it will obviously give many players a nice addition(including myself, due to how I found myself here.)

I want to see this added in the future!

My skin ruined my Terraria character's look. I looked up how to change it and found this. I support this. It shouldn't be too hard to implement since the hair dresser is pretty much the same thing but with hair.

I have a corruption themed character that has purple skin. I want to change it to fit it's outfit so this suggestion is very good. I r8 gud 8/8

Back
Top Bottom