Platinum

SoldierPeter

Terrarian
Hi guys, I cannot find platinum ore in my map, at wiki they say that its common ore. Is it possible that all my platinum are turned into gold? Can someone explain me ?

Only either gold ore or platinum ore can spawn in a world, meaning that both can appear in the same world. If you happen to find gold ore naturally in the underground/caverns, then it would mean that platinum ore will never spawn in that world.

Yup, you get one each from the following pairs:
  • Copper or Tin
  • Iron or Lead
  • Silver or Tungsten
  • Gold or Platinum
Sort of like Corruption or Crimson — the worldgen picks one from each pair at random, then uses those choices when making the world. When you defeat the Wall of Flesh and enter Hardmode, smashing your first altars (assuming you smash any) will generate either Cobalt Ore or Palladium Ore, the second will generate either Mythril or Orichalcum, and the third will make either Adamantite or Titanium. If you keep smashing, the worldgen will go back through those three, using whichever ore it's already placed in the world; in other words, if your first altar smash created Palladium, so will the fourth smash.

As of version 1.3, you can get small amounts of the pre-hardmode ores that didn't spawn in your world as drops from Slimes. Look closely at Slimes you encounter and you will occasionally see the dim outline of an item inside. Sometimes that item is a few chunks of ore, and you might get the same ones that occur naturally or you might get the "alternate" ones. (I think Slimes drop only pre-hardmode ores, never hardmode ones. If anyone has seen hardmode ore drops, please correct me.)

You can also get "alternate" ores by opening Crates that you haul up when fishing. If you can wait until hardmode, there's a chance of getting hardmode ores from them. This includes all six kinds of naturally-spawning hardmode ores, and it can happen even if you never smashed an altar after entering hardmode.

This is how I get those ores; I save up most or all the Crates I fish up, then have a big opening party after killing the WoF. If you have enough Crates, you might never need to smash altars or mine hardmode ores. I got enough of all six hardmode ores to make every piece of armor, every weapon, and had plenty left over. (Chlorophyte doesn't count. That must be mined no matter what.)

Ooo, that's right. I forgot about the wonderful Extractinator. Turns Silt and Slush into goodies, and makes mountains of cole slaw in seconds! It's a-MAYYY-zing!

Back
Top Bottom