Weapons & Equip Player's physics changing accessory

Knedle

Terrarian
Hello :)

My suggestion is to add an accesory that would change a player's physics in the same or a similar way to how the player's physics are changed while holding the Portal Gun.

My all time favourite way to play is to max out my movement capabilities so that I can be super fast and agile in all directions. It gives me a great sence of control. So much so that I rarely if ever equip any damage dealing accesory or any other specific class boosting accesory if it means replacing a movement one. Eversince the Portal Gun was introduced back in 1.3.0 I became obsessed. Now when I beat the Moon Lord, I just have to fly around with a Celestial Starboard, Soaring Insignia and a Portal Gun in a hand combo.
Therefore I would absolutely love if there was an accesory that would allow me to zoom around in the same manner while being able to hold whatever I want.

Ideas for possible implementations:
1) a Luminite based accesory as the Portal Gun is also locked behind the Moon Lord.
2) a great hallow accesory. Maybe crafted by combining the Queen Slime's and the Empress of Light's drops?
3) a late pre-hardmode (perhaps Shadow Chest?) accesory such as "Momentum Retaining Sphere" that would have a weaker version of the effect with a full strenght hardmode upgrade.

Thank you for reading <3

Last edited:
They could add the Long Fall Boots, which are also from Portal, to do this. Sold by the Mechanic (because the Cyborg already sells the Portal Gun Station and I'd rather not have both items be sold by the same NPC) as long as you have a Portal Gun in your inventory?

An accessory that allows fast fall is what you are asking for, and i agree

There is no reason to lock this to post moon lord, it honestly wouldnt even be very useful on its own and would need to be tinkered with things to keep up

An accessory that allows fast fall is what you are asking for, and i agree

There is no reason to lock this to post moon lord, it honestly wouldnt even be very useful on its own and would need to be tinkered with things to keep up
Well.. that is a part of it, yes. But holding the Portal Gun does more than just increase fall speed. That can already be achieved by using one of the slime mounts.

Back
Top Bottom