Please add the option to turn off Biome Spreading

Wouldn't this be more suited for the suggestions section, instead of general talk?

OT: I agree, but I don't as well. It's sort of a double-edged sword, for me. While I hate the spread, I feel like that is what makes the game such a *challenge*. Giving yourself the option to stop the spread sort of kills the whole point of hardmode imo. Also makes destroying altars have pretty much no consequence.

- Before entering hardmode, dig around the existing pockets of corruption to wall them off. Make tunnels 4 tiles wide.
- Go crate fishing and open them in hardmode, not easymode. You'll get hardmode metals and do not have to smash altars. Smashing altars brings more corruption.
- After entering hardmode, find the newly generated corruption and dig around it, 4 tiles wide, again walling it off.

Keep in mind that corrupted grass and crimson grass generate thorns, which also spread corruption and can grow over gaps you created, so be sure that all corrupted and crimson grass near healthy biomes is rendered harmless by placing stone walls.

If you're truly too lazy for all that then yeah, use TEdit. You can basically remove every bit of corruption with a few clicks.
You can also put a world into hardmode with TEdit, meaning you'll avoid the ancient spirits being released after the wall of flesh is destroyed, thus no corruption, but no hallow either.

Tbh I'd remove it altogether. In hardmode at least biome spreading doesn't add anything to the game, difficulty or otherwise, it just griefs your world.

Honestly, I'd support this. It would be nice if the game had a "Peaceful" difficulty world or something. No corruption/hallow spread, less enemy spawns (Meaning less drops), easier enemies, no automatic boss spawning and so on (Maybe even no automatic events near your base). Would be suited well for those worlds you want to build in and take it easy. That way there wouldn't be invasion/blood moon every two seconds if you just wish to build your dream base.

Using something like TEdit is kinda annoying (And could be considered cheating) and manually digging around corruption/hallow takes forever.

And don't give me reason "Don't go to hardmode" because there are so many items that are hardmode only it's nearly unfair.

Honestly, I'd support this. It would be nice if the game had a "Peaceful" difficulty world or something. No corruption/hallow spread, less enemy spawns (Meaning less drops), easier enemies, no automatic boss spawning and so on (Maybe even no automatic events near your base). Would be suited well for those worlds you want to build in and take it easy. That way there wouldn't be invasion/blood moon every two seconds if you just wish to build your dream base.

Using something like TEdit is kinda annoying (And could be considered cheating) and manually digging around corruption/hallow takes forever.

And don't give me reason "Don't go to hardmode" because there are so many items that are hardmode only it's nearly unfair.
Yes, please.

Tbh I'd remove it altogether. In hardmode at least biome spreading doesn't add anything to the game, difficulty or otherwise, it just griefs your world.
You guys don't want Crystal Storm, Light Discs, Dao of Pow, Rainbow Rod, Meteor Staff, Chik Yoyo, Cursed Flames, Golden Shower, Dart Rifle, Chain Guillotines, Clinger Staff, Life Drain, Fetid Baghnakhs, Daedalus Bow, Flying Knife, Crystal Vile Shard, Unicorn Mount, Vampire Knives, Scourge of the Corrupter, Rainbow Gun, Rod of Discord, Ichor, Cursed Flames, and a heap of other stuff?

I don't need Whoopie Cushions, Bone Swords and other early game drops anymore in Hardmode so I like those HM biomes to spread as much as possible. You only need a little bit of forest for Werewolves and Angry Nimbus and that's easy enough to maintain with the Clentaminator and gaps.
i don't want to die

If you don't want to die then use the resources from those biomes to get stronger, that's what they're there for.

You guys don't want Crystal Storm, Light Discs, Dao of Pow, Rainbow Rod, Meteor Staff, Chik Yoyo, Cursed Flames, Golden Shower, Dart Rifle, Chain Guillotines, Clinger Staff, Life Drain, Fetid Baghnakhs, Daedalus Bow, Flying Knife, Crystal Vile Shard, Unicorn Mount, Vampire Knives, Scourge of the Corrupter, Rainbow Gun, Rod of Discord, Ichor, Cursed Flames, and a heap of other stuff?

Most of them are useless, so...

Anyway, I don't see what that has to do with biome spread.

You can already get the stuff you need from the biomes that already exist. Letting them spread isn't necessary.
When resources and loot drops matter so much, the more the merrier. Why would you want 99% of your undergound layer to not be a HM biome? All you'll get is a Whoopie Cushion. Hours of gameplay wandering through the underground fighting mobs that drop Whoopie Cushions. That time could be better spent gaining more valuable resources, like the massive amount of powerful items I listed above.

Goddamn+katana+buffing+scrublords+come+back+when+youve+taken+the+_c578a3688a214b027de8cbb0b076d4bf.jpg

biome spreading is there for a good reason, it's part of the design logic of Terraria, and it gets people off their asses and gives them a better reason to purify their entire world

Back
Top Bottom