PC Please help me with this

bigpurp

Terrarian
so i just created a new world and character yesterday, now i realized i actually want to play mediumcore instead of softcore.
so i made a new character and continieu in the same world, will this have any effects on my game? (i only build a house)
sorry if i put this in the wrong section i had no idea were to put this

so i just created a new world and character yesterday, now i realized i actually want to play mediumcore instead of softcore.
so i made a new character and continieu in the same world, will this have any effects on my game? (i only build a house)
sorry if i put this in the wrong section i had no idea were to put this
No, there won't be any effects on your game. Your world doesn't care if you have a softcore, mediumcore, or hardcore character. Those attributes are only tied to your characters. If you made your new character mediumcore, then you are all set.

Hello Bigpurp,

Whether your player is softcore or mediumcore has no effect on the World. You will be fine to switch to a mediumcore character.

At the point you're at in the game, if your old character hasn't gained any additional health it won't change anything. You'll be good to switch. :dryadsmile:

thank you so much for replying, but it does not matter for npc's or anything?
(i just started playing the game)

Please don't play mediumcore, especially if you just started. It's not the way it was meant to be played and it's broken.

thank you so much for replying, but it does not matter for npc's or anything?
(i just started playing the game)

Doesn't effect NPCs at all. They will respawn if they get killed. You can play the game however you want to.

Doesn't effect NPCs at all. They will respawn if they get killed. You can play the game however you want to.
thank you so much!
[doublepost=1527010198,1527010143][/doublepost]
Please don't play mediumcore, especially if you just started. It's not the way it was meant to be played and it's broken.
why not? i enjoy it much more i think, because in softcore you can basically teleport back to your home everytime not really that exiting.

thank you so much!
[doublepost=1527010198,1527010143][/doublepost]
why not? i enjoy it much more i think, because in softcore you can basically teleport back to your home everytime not really that exiting.
You will not enjoy losing all your LONG earned gear and not being able to get back to it because you're being one-shot by every enemy and can't move beyond regular pace. The punishment of dying in Terraria is having to get back to where you were and losing boss fights, not having to build an entire new set of gear just to get back your stuff.

You will not enjoy losing all your LONG earned gear and not being able to get back to it because you're being one-shot by every enemy and can't move beyond regular pace. The punishment of dying in Terraria is having to get back to where you were and losing boss fights, not having to build an entire new set of gear just to get back your stuff.
Heh, I think what might be more accurate to say is, "I don't enjoy losing all my long earned gear..." instead of telling someone else what THEY may or may not enjoy. Just an observation. Different players enjoy different things. There's not one person that's in charge of deciding how everyone else will want to play.

Back
Top Bottom