Other Please readd the ability to leave the game running in the background

L0ST5ILVER

Official Terrarian
It makes the game so much less enjoyable when I can't work on editing my videos, checking emails or even writing this thread while I wait for my character to sleep, or AFK, or anything.
The only way to get around this is by hosting the world, and that's super obnoxious.

Adding onto this, maybe an option so that the music stays playing while running in the background, too?
If you're in multiplayer, you still hear the sound effects while the game is in the background, so it should be possible. It's just kind of disorienting for the music to stop and start every time you change windows.

Adding onto this, maybe an option so that the music stays playing while running in the background, too?
If you're in multiplayer, you still hear the sound effects while the game is in the background, so it should be possible. It's just kind of disorienting for the music to stop and start every time you change windows.
You can actually do this by clicking on the terraria icon to minimise the screen, but the game doesn't keep playing, annoyingly.

I just made an account here to let know anyone having same issue. You can't do that with normal terraria, but if you bought terraria on PC via steam you can search steam store for free mod called "tmodloader". With that you can add this mod:

Now the music plays whenever I alt+tab or minimize game.

Back
Top Bottom