PS3 Please Remove the Leaderboard Hackers

xxterminatorxx5

Terrarian
Okay, so this is getting ridiculous. I'm almost number thirty on the leaderboards because these stupid modders keep pushing me and my friends down farther and farther! I doubt they even play this game they probably have a wooden square house and no idea how to play.

Please remove the modders or reset the leaderboards entirely and change the leaderboards to where they cannot be hacked as easily.

Having all these leaderboard hackers pop up like the cockroaches they are make you guys look very unprofessional.

Even if you arn't in charge of PS3 or PS4 leaderboards please contact Sony in order to get it fixed. Thanks.

Last edited:
Oh man I couldn't agree more. The first day I got Terraria the leaderboard was already hacked! Its unbelievable. There are so many hackers that the leaderboard is literally beginning to break! It would be a lot more fun with WORKING leaderboards.

They need to removed the modders or reset the leaderboards. They also need to update them. Because it only has 1.1 stuff and nothing for 1.2

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they just got rid of them. They at least need an update due to all the new content.

Could you make a screenshot of the leaderboards? I am asking because my PS4 can't connect to the internet.

The only way to avoid hacked online score boards (nowadays known mostly as "leaderboards") is to not have them.

You can devise the most tight-assed security system ever for a leaderboard, and hackers will be through it next day. Why? Because many of them see hacking as the goal, not the tool. They're not doing it to be the best, but to show it can be done.

... Truth to be told, if more gamers played a game for reasons other than being "the best" then leaderboards wouldn't exist, removing the problem of hackers taking over them. Irony.

Well if people didn't care people wouldn't be modding them. Check top 25 are all modders on distance traveled. Look on the other sections and it's even worse.

We need the modders removed or the leaderboards completely reset. Reset them every so often to weed the hackers out as much as possible.

We need a proper leaderboards to give glory to the players who dedicate their time. Plain and simple

Well if people didn't care people wouldn't be modding them. Check top 25 are all modders on distance traveled. Look on the other sections and it's even worse.

We need the modders removed or the leaderboards completely reset. Reset them every so often to weed the hackers out as much as possible.

We need a proper leaderboards to give glory to the players who dedicate their time. Plain and simple
Wouldn't reseting the leader boards harm the players that earned those scores as well, and negate the point of having said leader boards in the first place?

No :red: but that's the fun in having a leaderboards, a constant struggle to the top. If we reset them us dedicated players will still get to the top regardless. I say every six months reset them.
Or hand pick the new modders out and remove them all. Have a security system that will detect a noob with 0 stats suddenly jump to 999,999,999.

No :red: but that's the fun in having a leaderboards, a constant struggle to the top. If we reset them us dedicated players will still get to the top regardless. I say every six months reset them.
Or hand pick the new modders out and remove them all. Have a security system that will detect a noob with 0 stats suddenly jump to 999,999,999.
I guess if that's something you're willing to put up with, then I guess that's fine. I imagine that it would have to be more often then that though, and there's no way to completely stop people from hacking it - they'll just work around any safeguards they run into.

Re-Digit can't do :red: about these leaderboards - they are not touching Terraria console versions, not even with a 10-feet long stick.
I figure you'll need to bother these guys who can then in turn bother Sony... if they're so inclined.

PvE and gear progression.. What about PvP and all the people who compete for who has the best builds? Don't tell me you haven't heard of those.

It depends on how it's played anyway . The leaderboards make it more deeply competitive. All of us top ten players would compete for the number 1 until mr. modders stepped in and froze everyone and pushed us down so far you have to actively look for us. I remember when you would see my name pop up whenever you clicked on the leaderboard button .

PvP is a very minor afterthought of the game which could be removed without affecting the quality of the game much, or at all. Kind of like the appendix in the human body.

Also, you seem to think resetting will make the hackers go away. I'm sorry, but that's a very naive and uninformed way to think about hackers - it would be like how most game companies try to "stop" piracy by causing their customers grief. See how that works (it doesn't, never has, never will,) and you'll know how resetting the boards will work against hacking.

Back
Top Bottom