Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Anyone got a Silvally I could borrow for a sec? It's the last thing I need in my Pokedex.

I want to try and get a shiny Type:Null, so I don't want to use my own.

Has anyone ever taken a photo of Politoed using Poke Finder? I've been trying to find one for days now...

Where would someone get a wireless adapter or link cable? There's a few things that can be done in old generations but not newer ones.

After finding an effective way to farm Galvanize Geodude I realized that I enjoy a challenge like that. Is there any HA pokemon that people are having difficulty getting in sun/moon?

That moment when Arceus give you a very good legendary

Xurkitree
Timid Nature
Full IVs on HP, Speed and Special Attack
Hidden Power Ice

Such a good pokémon

What do you guys think of my Battle Tree team?
Toxapex @ Black Sludge/Leftovers
Type : Water / Poison
Ability : Regenerator
Nature : Bold (+Def -Atk)
EVs : 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Recover
Scald
Baneful Bunker
Toxic

Salamence @ Salamencite
Type : Dragon / Flying
Ability : Intimidate
Nature : Jolly (+Spe -Sp.Atk)
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Crunch

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Type : Ghost / Fairy
Ability : Disguise
Nature : Hasty (+Spe -Def)
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw
Play Rough

I'm no master of Singles, but I suppose I'll give some critique. The team seems good overall, but there are some things you might want to consider:
  • Why is there both Baneful Bunker and Toxic on Toxapex? Protect also protects the pokémon from status moves and Toxic's bad poison is stronger anyway.
  • Regenerator seems like a slightly odd choice to me, I know switching is central in Singles, but your other pokémon aren't all that bulky. Though Salamance does have the ground immunity, which Toxapex is weak to, so there is use in it, but note that the AI is known to make some weird decisions.
  • Salamance only has attacking moves, maybe you should consider Protect for safer mega evolution and poison damage from Toxapex or Dragon Dance for more sweeping potential.
  • Is Mimikyu the best option here? If you want to do a Swords Dance into Shadow Sneak sweep Aegislash has a much stronger attack (150 base vs 90 base), and enough defenses to usually set it up. You also have Hasty, but since you have no special attacks you might as well go Jolly. Or you could abandon the +Spe on a 96 base speed pokémon and go with Adamant instead since Mimikyu doesn't really have all that much firepower, and Shadow Sneak has priority.

I'm no master of Singles, but I suppose I'll give some critique. The team seems good overall, but there are some things you might want to consider:
  • Is Mimikyu the best option here? If you want to do a Swords Dance into Shadow Sneak sweep Aegislash has a much stronger attack (150 base vs 90 base), and enough defenses to usually set it up. You also have Hasty, but since you have no special attacks you might as well go Jolly. Or you could abandon the +Spe on a 96 base speed pokémon and go with Adamant instead since Mimikyu doesn't really have all that much firepower, and Shadow Sneak has priority.
Mimikyu has Disguise,remember. Mimikyu has one free hit. It and Minior are masters of set-up sweep.

Mimikyu has Disguise,remember. Mimikyu has one free hit. It and Minior are masters of set-up sweep.
I know it has disguise, but I would not call it a master of set-up sweep with only 90 base attack, 96 base speed and no good way to boost speed on its own, for example:
  • +2 (Swords Dance) 252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 150-176 (84.7 - 99.4%) -- Not a 1HKO while super effective, although that is a pretty tanky Tapu Lele. (EDIT: Note that Psychic Terrain would stop this normally, but my point is that it's not a 1HKO on a decently tanky pokémon even if super effective.)
  • +2 252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree: 78-93 (49 - 58.4%) -- Good chance to 2HKO when not super effective, but that's not good enough for a sweeper.
  • +2 252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nihilego: 105-124 (56.7 - 67%) -- It can't even 1HKO Nihilego which has glass (literally?) defenses.
If we do Z-Splash instead it gets +3 for Atk, which 1HKOs Lele but uses up your Z-move, and it still doesn't 1HKO the others. If we do a stronger attack then it's not likely to go first, and it will probably be KOd because disguise was busted while Mimikyu was setting up.

I must be missing something, because I don't see a master of set-up sweeping. But please, enlighten me, seriously, I want to know what makes it good.

Last edited:
I know it has disguise, but I would not call it a master of set-up sweep with only 90 base attack, 96 base speed and no good way to boost speed on its own, for example:
  • +2 (Swords Dance) 252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 150-176 (84.7 - 99.4%) -- Not a 1HKO while super effective, although that is a pretty tanky Tapu Lele. (EDIT: Note that Psychic Terrain would stop this normally, but my point is that it's not a 1HKO on a decently tanky pokémon even if super effective.)
  • +2 252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree: 78-93 (49 - 58.4%) -- Good chance to 2HKO when not super effective, but that's not good enough for a sweeper.
  • +2 252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nihilego: 105-124 (56.7 - 67%) -- It can't even 1HKO Nihilego which has glass (literally?) defenses.
If we do Z-Splash instead it gets +3 for Atk, which 1HKOs Lele but uses up your Z-move, and it still doesn't 1HKO the others. If we do a stronger attack then it's not likely to go first, and it will probably be KOd because disguise was busted while Mimikyu was setting up.

I must be missing something, because I don't see a master of set-up sweeping. But please, enlighten me, seriously, I want to know what makes it good.

Uh, I ain't no competitive battler, but I did some research on Mimikyu. Lemme know if this helps at all or I'm just spouting bull:red:. I believe Mimikyu outspeeds both Lele and Xurkitree. A shadow claw should one-hit KO Lele, and if it happens to be holding a life orb, one hit KO Xurkitree. Not to mention, I found out that even a modest Xurkitree can't one-hit KO Mimikyu with a thunderbolt, even with max Special Attack investments.

Also, Shadow Claw can't one-hit KO a Xurkitree, but Play Rough certainly can. Unless of course, it had defense investments, which would be madness.

As for Nihiligo, Mimkyu has an 85% chance of one-hit KO'ing Nihilego due to it's crappy defense. And that's without an item. Nihilego can kill Mimikyu with a sludge wave, but only if it's life orb'd or choice scarfed on TOP of having max Sp. Attack investments. And even then, it's not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Uh, I ain't no competitive battler, but I did some research on Mimikyu. Lemme know if this helps at all or I'm just spouting bull:red:. I believe Mimikyu outspeeds both Lele and Xurkitree. A shadow claw should one-hit KO Lele, and if it happens to be holding a life orb, one hit KO Xurkitree. Not to mention, I found out that even a modest Xurkitree can't one-hit KO Mimikyu with a thunderbolt, even with max Special Attack investments.

Also, Shadow Claw can't one-hit KO a Xurkitree, but Play Rough certainly can. Unless of course, it had defense investments, which would be madness.

As for Nihiligo, Mimkyu has an 85% chance of one-hit KO'ing Nihilego due to it's crappy defense. And that's without an item. Nihilego can kill Mimikyu with a sludge wave, but only if it's life orb'd or choice scarfed on TOP of having max Sp. Attack investments. And even then, it's not guaranteed.
They were just random examples, one which was weak to Ghost, one with a little bulk, and one that was frail. I didn't (and still don't) feel like going too deeply into Mimikyu matchups, so don't look too deeply into my examples, but thanks nevertheless. I guess I was just unlucky and picked bad examples. Anyway, I suppose the reason Mimikyu works out even with 96 speed is because the metagame simply is slower this year, or something like that.

I'm not a metagame player, but Mimmikyu has a couple of big things going for it despite it's lackluster attack and speed for a setup sweeper:

It's ability; Disguise. If it can force the foe to switch; it is guaranteed to get the chance to set up and, if played right (eg switching in on a Close Combat or Outrage), it can get two turns in which it can safely set up and attack in.
Fantastic typing. Ghost/Fairy is a very powerful offensive typing; having very few holes in it's Neutral coverage (IIRC only Pyroar resists both STABs), while it is also a great defensive typing which sports multiple key resists (Fighting and Dragon being the main ones to note) and weaknesses to only Ghost and Steel
The current metagame is so slow, with several poweful but slow threats taking stage. It might not be able to outrun the likes of Gengar, but it outruns threats like Xurkitree and the Tapus and beats them. This is likely to change when Pokebank is updated, with the release of fast potent threats like the Lati Twins and the Genie trio, and it will probably fall then.

Back
Top Bottom