Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Updates for events!:

Lycanroc event code is being distributed at Gamestop from today (May 15) until June 5th.

There is a code to get a bunch of Mega Stones as a password download Wonder Card. Code is:

Code:
AZUL
what mega stones are they?

Updates for events!:

Lycanroc event code is being distributed at Gamestop from today (May 15) until June 5th.

There is a code to get a bunch of Mega Stones as a password download Wonder Card. Code is:

Code:
AZUL
I hate these gamestop promotion things, I wish the pokes would just be distributed through wifi. I've missed so many event related stuff because of the fact that you need to ask for a code - even pokemon isn't important enough for me to overcome anxiety

I hate these gamestop promotion things, I wish the pokes would just be distributed through wifi. I've missed so many event related stuff because of the fact that you need to ask for a code - even pokemon isn't important enough for me to overcome anxiety
They do it to help promote local game stores, and get people out there to look at video games/merch that otherwise wouldn't. Even if you don't buy anything, it puts the store in your mind and makes it look like there is a lot of business there.

I visited GameStop twice today, only got one card, which I gave to someone else.

Last edited:
What do people think of Sun/Moon?

I last played G/S/C on the GBC and quite enjoyed it, and before that, B/R/Y on the original GB. I caught all 150 Pokémon on Blue (yay for the Cinnabar Island coast!) and got Mew through an event. I later got Celebi in an event for Crystal and with trading from Blue, got to around 200/251 Pokémon caught in the Pokedex.

I kind of gave up on the series after that because it started to get a bit too repetitive for gameplay and the Pokémon available just kept increasing with it not being possible to catch them all on that generation. To the best of my knowledge, there are ~720 Pokémon in X and Y but you only get about 300 of them without earlier games. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Also something about the 'game' Pokedex being limited to in-game Pokémon and the National Pokedex containing the full list of entries?)

Sun and Moon seems to deviate from some norms (e.g. 8 gyms). It also goes back to having a single Pokedex that only lists Pokémon available in those games? For some reason, it's really piqued my interest. Is it good for someone who has been away from the series for a while? Should I get it? :)

Last edited:
What do people think of Sun/Moon?

I last played G/S/C on the GBC and quite enjoyed it, and before that, B/R/Y on the original GB. I caught all 150 Pokémon on Blue (yay for the Cinnabar Island coast!) and got Mew through an event. I later got Celebi in an event for Crystal and with trading from Blue, got to around 200/251 Pokémon caught in the Pokedex.

I kind of gave up on the series after that because it started to get a bit too repetitive for gameplay and the Pokémon available just kept increasing with it not being possible to catch them all on that generation. To the best of my knowledge, there are ~720 Pokémon in X and Y but you only get about 300 of them without earlier games. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Also something about the 'game' Pokedex being limited to in-game Pokémon and the National Pokedex containing the full list of entries?)

Sun and Moon seems to deviate from some norms (e.g. 8 gyms). It also goes back to having a single Pokedex that only lists Pokémon available in those games? For some reason, it's really piqued my interest. Is it good for someone who has been away from the series for a while? Should I get it? :)
I really liked moon personally. I don't know about missing out on several generations and what you'll think about it. It has a TON of quality of life changes.

You'll need to trade with the other game to get everything, but you won't have to cross any pokemon generation to fill in the pokedex. If there's a national dex then I haven't found it.

A common complaint is a low amount of post game content. Is that important to you?

I'm trying not to give too much away. If you have any specific questions about it I'll be glad to answer any questions you have about it here or in a PM.

Thanks for the comment! Sun/Moon were on sale and I had a gift card, so I went for it. I want to play Moon and I'll give Sun to my brother after I've finished trading over the one per game Pokémon like the starters.

The character selection struck me as being amusing. Some of the possible choices look like vampires (which ironically might very well suit Moon). Some of the male options also look more feminine than the female options. Heading off to the ruins at the start of the game and an NPC loudly proclaims how much he likes a windy sunny day "like this"... it's the middle of the night. He actually makes for a refreshing change, because every other NPC is obsessed with Pokémon. "Yes Mum! I'm going to get a Pokémon now Mum! Stop pressuring me! Stop trying to live your dreams though me!" [Runs away sobbing.] Right up until the rival appears. He got his first Pokémon, and the first thing he wants to do with it is injure it.

I miss playing a game that doesn't take itself too seriously. So far I am enjoying it. :)

Edit: One thing I'm curious about: Is there a stage of the game where one of your team Pokémon can follow behind you instead of them all being in balls all the time? (Like Pikachu in Yellow, and I think later games also did it?) I'll be sad if this isn't possible...

Edit: One thing I'm curious about: Is there a stage of the game where one of your team Pokémon can follow behind you instead of them all being in balls all the time? (Like Pikachu in Yellow, and I think later games also did it?) I'll be sad if this isn't possible...
I'm afraid not.

There's files that have animations for it, but sadly it's not in the actual game.

The last game where you could walk around with your Pokemon was Heartgold and Soulsilver, I don't think it's been a feature in any main-series pokemon game since. It's cool to think that it may have been a planned feature for Sun and Moon though, maybe there's a chance it'll reappear in some future pokemon game.

Speaking of future games, what do you guys think of the rumored "Pokemon Stars?"

Back
Top Bottom