Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
In what way? Heard about using it to hunt Pokemon down.

Also I finally remembered the IV Judge thing, and got that done. Turns out that foreign Deino has 4 perfect IVs(HP, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed), which I was not expecting.
Catching pokemon is what allows you to get the Shiny Charm. Shiny Charm makes it easier to get shinies.

Catching pokemon is what allows you to get the Shiny Charm. Shiny Charm makes it easier to get shinies.
Yeah, I know. I think it said if you use the Masuda Method and have a Shiny Charm the odds become 1/455 which compared to what it usually is is insane. I just kind of have to get around to filling the pokedex before that can happen.

Isn't Dhelmise supposed to be rare? Someone has been breeding them and giving them away to people like me. What a Pokemon to start off with.

Isn't Dhelmise supposed to be rare? Someone has been breeding them and giving them away to people like me. What a Pokemon to start off with.

It's pretty rare. Not the rarest, but pretty rare, and late game.
It's only got a 1% encounter rate in a single fishing location, unless it's a rare fish, at which point, it becomes 10%.

Managed to catch a Ditto. Are there any Pokemon I should mass breed and distribute? Call me up if there's anything you need. (Do note I can't get you anything from Sun.)

Arceus have mercy on ye who try to SOS chain for a shiny Skarmory. I went a full 2 days in the same battle for one, and nothing. I finally gave up and caught a female in hopes of at least getting one with good IV's...

You're not going to get through 4,000 battles in only 2 days. I don't know what you were expecting.

[*proceeds to go pet my shiny shiinotic*]

I've had such weird misfortune with RNG in this game. Upon fighting the first kahuna, he would only land critical hits until I soft-reset, after which he landed a few more when he finally stopped. Upon fighting the second kahuna, I couldn't move due to paralysis for eight consecutive turns. Today, a critical capture failed. Although this was the second critical capture of three in one day, the third of which saving a Mimikyu from fainting due to poison...
RNGsus why.

So I've been trying to improve on my moon team a bit, mostly because I can't get past one battle in the
Battle Tree
My Team is below
Lv.82 Female Misdreavus - Eviolite
Lv.72 Male Slowbro - Waterium Z
Lv.70 Male Decidueye - Decidium Z
Lv.66 Magnezone - Electrium Z
I don't know what to put in the rest of the spots, and I'm kinda iffy on Magnezone.
Can I get any suggestions?

What? Not sure if joking or not. There's no set number of battles you have to go through to get a shiny, it's all RNG.

Most recently I caught a shiny Purugly (Not what I wanted, but I'll still take it) on the first encounter upon entering the area.
Yes, it is all RNG, and you could get lucky (or worse, unlucky) but on average that is about how many battles usually needed to go through before finding a shiny.

Yes, it is all RNG, and you could get lucky (or worse, unlucky) but on average that is about how many battles usually needed to go through before finding a shiny.
I don't know where you're getting that information from, but it can't be true :/ It has never taken me or anyone else I know 4,000 battles in any game to find a shiny.

Without the Shiny Charm, getting a shiny is around a 1/4,000 chance.
With the Shiny Charm, it goes up significantly. IIRC goes up to a 1/1,000 chance.
Chaining via SOS battle makes the likelyhood of encountering shinies go up even further. To what I don't know though.

http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml

It was less than a 1 in 8,000 chance before X and Y versions. They nerfed it in the more recent games to make it twice as "easy."
OH lol. You're talking about the coded chance of finding one.

Without the Shiny Charm, getting a shiny is around a 1/4,000 chance.
With the Shiny Charm, it goes up significantly. IIRC goes up to a 1/1,000 chance.
Chaining via SOS battle makes the likelyhood of encountering shinies go up even further. To what I don't know though.
It can be even higher if you do things like horde battles. Talking about XY/ORAS though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom