Votes: 3 8.8%
  • What's a Doctor Who?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • For legal reasons no

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Master Geass

Terrarian
It would be nice to have a blue 1960's police box. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the British police box, before the era of mobile telecommunications police or people wishing to call the police would use this call boxes. This was also a place for cops to fill out reports, eat, and even lock up prisoners until a car came. Now will cell phones everywhere they have almost completely disappeared, although I did see one at the last convention I went to.

The police box, or blue box as it might be called, would be a statue type decoration. Like many statues, there would be no recipe but created at world gen. It would be 2x3 blocks in size. It's rarity would be at least blue so it won't die in lava. It most likely wouldn't do anything and if not it's tool tip could say "It's locked tight" or something along those lines. So what do you think? Would you like to see it added? I know I would.

Seems odd to me, telephone cells standing in the middle of nowhere. I'd rather see them craftable and have some sort of use for them.
Wireless teleporters or something, I dunno.

It's a cute reference, but it would feel just a little out of place, to me. Besides which, we already have angel statues and the doctor's clothes set. If it were added, though, I think it would be appropriate if, when connected to wiring, it had a pulsing cage lamp.

Seems odd to me, telephone cells standing in the middle of nowhere. I'd rather see them craftable and have some sort of use for them.
Wireless teleporters or something, I dunno.

Well there is a reason why it couldn't be crafted. It is a reference to a TV show where an old police box would show up in ever episode and often out of place. At least one time it was found in a cavern. I am open to it being used as a teleporter, even a wireless one. There could be a partner item like a blue door that would send you back and forth between the two. I would think the blue door would need to be placed on a wall as it represents the inside of the police box.

It's a cute reference, but it would feel just a little out of place, to me. Besides which, we already have angel statues and the doctor's clothes set. If it were added, though, I think it would be appropriate if, when connected to wiring, it had a pulsing cage lamp.

Yes, a pulsing lamp on top would be cool. I would also put angel statues on ether side of it for fun. That part doesn't need to happen at world gen, but still could be interesting if that happens on it's own sometimes.

What legal reasons?

No-one has registered the police public call box as a trademark. Wwell at least not the Mackenzie Trench design which the Doctor who box is based upon.

This means Terraria could use it as much as they want :p Supported.

If used near an angel statue, it should spawn Stone Harpies, which are like harpies but with far more damage, but if your head points in their direction, they become still in midair, however they gain massive defense at this point. They could drop a Magic Tenon Saw, tooltip: Not a reference!

If used near an angel statue, it should spawn Stone Harpies, which are like harpies but with far more damage, but if your head points in their direction, they become still in midair, however they gain massive defense at this point. They could drop a Magic Tenon Saw, tooltip: Not a reference!

they also can't fly very well

No... In skyrim.

They're decoration not used for flying... >.>

that's... an idea. make it a mount or trinket for use in flying. when you jump up in the air, it appears around you. it'd have a longer flight time than most and make the TARDIS noise!

There could be a partner item like a blue door that would send you back and forth between the two. I would think the blue door would need to be placed on a wall as it represents the inside of the police box.

Fully support this idea! either that or
The effects of Teleportation Potion would happen. :p

It could easily be a furniture item that teleports you somewhere random when you click on it!

Back
Top Bottom