tModLoader Pompeii

Thomas5541

Terrarian
Pompeii is a mod based around gear advancement, meaning taking one item and upgrading it to the next tier. Ill be working on different advancement paths for each weapons along with hybrid advancement paths too. Most of my inspiration comes from Soul game series(Demons souls and dark souls game.)

18FB90CBF21EB5270FCEC52DEE57E6102D2BEFFE

Sky dagger and Small Dwarf dagger reskin

3FEF8751CA8F92AF53275A464D36A6356653A564

Magic Sky Blade reskin.
535A59602BEF12452A6AAFE91F8013EDECF62C4D

Sky Claymore and Sky Magic Blade
  • Iron mace>Magical Mace>Black Magic Mace>Dark Arts Mace
  • Relic Blade>Magic RelicBlade/Sky Blade
  • Renamed old Sky Blade to Magic Skyblade
  • Sky star and great tears drop chances have been changed.
  • Magic item has been added with 101/1 chance of obtaining one from a random mob.
  • Broken Sky Blade now has a change of dropping from a random mob.

Attachments

• Pompeii02.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Capture 2016-11-14 03_53_48.png
    Capture 2016-11-14 03_53_48.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
I think you need to work on the sprites and the boss AI. First the sprites.
Don't use 1x1 pixels and use black outlines, and use shading IE contrast with multiple shades of a color.
I'd reccommend going here

Also the weapons seem pretty boring. Try to give them more dynamic and interesting effects.

Finally, the boss. The ai is very strange, and it cant even go down, and if you go above it, it charges you and never stops until it despawns.
I'd reccommend going to either the tmodloader help thread or the tmodloader discord for help with coding..
Hope i helped.

Thanks for the advice, but howd you get all the items and get to the boss that fast? And the guy on youtube wouldnt explain the different types of boss AIs'.
thats because "that guy on youtube" is generally frowned on in the modding community because he rips from examplemod and doesn't explain how something. I recommend using examplemod, and learning to code with the 2 links i provided
[doublepost=1478961286,1478961254][/doublepost]
thats because "that guy on youtube" is generally frowned on in the modding community because he rips from examplemod and doesn't explain how something. I recommend using examplemod, and learning to code with the 2 links i provided
also, i got the items using cheatsheet

[doublepost=1478961286,1478961254][/doublepost]
also, i got the items using cheatsheet
Yeah he upset me kinda too, deleted a few of my comments. And thanks for the help, im working on the sprites now.

Sounds great! Sprites could be better, but the mod seems good.

Last edited:
Excuse me but i'm a modder ( well starting to be ) and I have all my directions down correctly MoreWeapons.Items.Weapons but for some reason I still get the string Name error ( If you're a modder you'll know what i'm talking about ) any help?

Excuse me but i'm a modder ( well starting to be ) and I have all my directions down correctly MoreWeapons.Items.Weapons but for some reason I still get the string Name error ( If you're a modder you'll know what i'm talking about ) any help?
Make sure everything is the same name. Like if youve got a file named AwesomeSword, make sure it isnt spell AwsomeSword or something. Might also have to do with your caps too.

You should ask this on the tModLoader help thread, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom