Items Possessed armor set to be dropped by the posessed armor enemies

Glasia🌳

Living Tree
Linking to @Nneykobar hali / Nneyko🌳 's profile post in Redigit🌳:
The user suggested that there is an armor set dropped by posessed armor.

"Now i am thinking , if shimering/purifying with powder , would be a cool way to get easy early hardmode armore (or maybe not so early if using shimer for it would be pain to transport them). With it being worthless to sell of course. Maybe each piece of armore by itself almost worthless , but together they give strong buffs but at a cost of a curse? I dont know."

I suggest the armor pieces give small buffs like +1% damage and +1% speed each and 3/5/4 defence (helmet/chest/boots) but if the set is complete you get additional 17% speed and 17% damage and 24 defence but only at night. During the day if you wear the set, your life regeneration gets reduced by 50% and moving speed gets reduced by 30%.

Hmmm... interesting idea.
But thise dtats incouridge using loadout system to swap armor at day , therefor limiting inventory and loadout space of the user , which is not so punishing as anoying.
I thought of something way more anoying thou:
Debuff in a form of a periodicall confusion(to asist the whole "posesed" part.) With a recharge timer listed as a debuf.
So the player has to ajust to the ritm of confusion.
Your idea is fine too , but i would argue that it would make a bit more sence if armor had its positive sides all the time , but debuffs would aply at night (armor reanimated by night , fights for you for controll of the body) , therefore making it overall better (all buffs come not only, at night , but all the time.) , but worse in fighting early hardmode bosses.(most of which require night time)

But still i would be interested in some kind of permanent more creative penalty.
(And yet i know that creating a brand new armour set bonus would be a bit much if they are wraping up the update , so i would understand this whole idea being rejected)

Still , i am glad you liked my idea.

Me too! (thats what this whole thing is about really. It just would be really cool. +it wouldnt need too much spriting.)

Gotta love to wear some posesed armour.
Wait... idea.
For some reason , most of the people i saw on the internet , hate when lucy the axe speakes.
Wouldnt it be sweat if this armor set talked to you , whispering threats in your ears in the same way?
to drive home how possesed it is!

I don't appreciate the stats, 1. I don't think they're balanced well and 2. if this set should be put into the game it should just be vanity.
Well i dont really like those stats that much too , i just would love there to be actually balanced stats from the relogic themselves. (thats why i am not sujesting anything of this sort , i am not qualifyed at game balancing enough to do this)
But i would disagree , i too love how it looks , but it is armor , and it is magical posesed armor.
I am literaly going against my nature right here , but i have to disagree. It should be an actual armor set if you ask me. This way it is usefull not just a vanity , not just a way to prank your friends , but also like a early hardmode armour for those who know or experiment. Not too good of an armor , so it stays balanced , but armorsets without armor are mostly if not entirely dev armor and right now i lost my train of thought entirly. Where am i? Oh! Right. I wouldn't mind it being just cosmetic , but i would rather prefer it to act as a proper armor set.
And yes. It does look great.

armorsets without armor are mostly if not entirely dev armor
I don't get the point here, so what if it's not dev armor? It doesn't need to be turned into an armor set but I agree it looks cool enough to be a vanity. The early hardmode stage doesn't need new armor sets, I would rather them balance existing early hardmode sets rather than trying to throw a new one into the pile.

I don't get the point here, so what if it's not dev armor? It doesn't need to be turned into an armor set but I agree it looks cool enough to be a vanity. The early hardmode stage doesn't need new armor sets, I would rather them balance existing early hardmode sets rather than trying to throw a new one into the pile.
First thing first- i have no idea what i meant by dev armor bit either. Just as i sayed , i got lost in a thought.
Second- i dont think early hardmode sets are that imbalanced , or that there are too many of them.
How much pre-mech ones? From what i recall 9 , counting both ore types and not counting diferent helmets.
I can see your point now.
Still , i would not be disapointed if it was just vanity , but getting new fully functional aror set would be neat. And if you count only pre-boss ones it is 8. Arghh , mistaken ones again , what a pitty!
So yea , summorised: i dont think re-logic would have trouble balancing new set of armor , as i belived they did an outstanding job with exising ones.
But vanity is good to.
I hope i am not being unreasonable , and i sure hope i didnt insult you , your feelings , or your sence of beuty or order. For some reason i feel less polite then usual , so i really hope you are ok.

Last edited:
Second- i dont think early hardmode sets are that imbalanced , or that there are too many of them.
As you pointed out there is 9 early hardmode sets, I would genuinely recommend only 5 of those to newer players. 2 of them I would never wear full myself, those 2 are Cobalt and Forbidden. I think cobalt deserves an entire rework, then forbidden only needs a rework of the set bonus as the stats the are fine. The other ones I wouldn't recommend are palladium and crystal assassin, I feel like palladium can use more defense as it is a tanky set and crystal assassin could use have some of its stats swapped between pieces (same for frost armor but that is really good when using the full set).

That stage doesn't need more armor sets, it has enough as is and feels really complete in my opinion.

I hope i am not being unreasonable , and i sure hope i didnt insult you , your feelings , or your sence of beuty or order. For some reason i feel less polite then usual , so i really hope you are ok.
I am doing fine, thank you.

I don't appreciate the stats, 1. I don't think they're balanced well and 2. if this set should be put into the game it should just be vanity.
Entirely agree.

Edit: also, Crystal Assassin armor is actually very good. I used it on a recent playthrough and it served me very well.

As you pointed out there is 9 early hardmode sets, I would genuinely recommend only 5 of those to newer players. 2 of them I would never wear full myself, those 2 are Cobalt and Forbidden. I think cobalt deserves an entire rework, then forbidden only needs a rework of the set bonus as the stats the are fine. The other ones I wouldn't recommend are palladium and crystal assassin, I feel like palladium can use more defense as it is a tanky set and crystal assassin could use have some of its stats swapped between pieces (same for frost armor but that is really good when using the full set).

That stage doesn't need more armor sets, it has enough as is and feels really complete in my opinion.

I am doing fine, thank you.
As a user of a forbiden armor myself , i d say it is fine. Tornado is a bit useless while fighting in the air, but while you on the ground , or use platform arena , it shines as an aditionall centry/support weapon. Which is in line with it's place as summoner/melee armor.
Cobalt is undervelming as it is basicaly just stats.
Well mage cobalt armor has a use in minimum mana consumption builds.
But i would point out that in avarege playthrou you have aces to only about 5 armor sets pre-boss , which all require mining.
6th is crystall asasin , which is a bit lacluster , but nice as a way to free an acesory slot from dash.

If you ask me , having an entirely mining/fishing free armor , which is still somewhat weaker then other grind-heavier sets, might be nice.

At that point just play summoner so you can use spider armor, there's no good way to balance the set between molten and cobalt
Really , i belive , that if there will be downsides to wearing it , as with a spectrall armor for example , it might work.
Also if it would be obtained throu shimer , it might be placed higher , on the same tier as cobolt or even higher. Because it would be way harder to obtain it. (Would love it Not to be a drop from the enemy , but rather obtained throu puryfying or shimering. It would make more sence , and be more unic.)
If you play summoner.
(i mainly dont want to scrap talking armor idea at this point. if it would do it even as vanity itll get anoying , and if its the only thing it has going for it , ading it as genuine armor seems to be only reasanble way to preserve its cursed and posesed nature.)
Edit: sorry for lack of gramar in my prier statement. I came here , to add that , interestingly enough , early hardmode mirrors early pre-hardmide ib a way , that ore armor is any good for one or two bosses and imidiatly outclassed. Aditionaly being outclassed by tuers of better ore armor. I cant say if its right or wrong , but for now only difference betwin pre-hm and hm ore armorsets , is that hardmode ones , sometimes have actually interesting mechanics , that make us regret their place in progresion. But intent seems somewhat clear, if I am not mistaken.(and what are chances of that , 85 percent? We have good chances.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom