Skeletron Prime
Hello!
This is probably my first post on T-MEC
I think
But umm yea lets get to it
Sorry if i'm asking a stupid question, First actual time on here :p
is it POSSIBLE to hoik slimes? I've tried the following:
upload_2018-6-26_21-40-17.png

And i don't know what will get them to hoik if they arent' affected by platform stairs. Is there a way to both without wiring or with wiring?
I'm going to tinker with this and will update you guys if anything pops up
Thanks!

I don't think you would be able to do it without wiring, but I'm curious too when it comes to hoiking them in general. Seems like you could, but I'm not sure because of the way they move and line up with tiles. I may test it out tomorrow.

Hi idk if its possible but I think it might if you use actuated slopes and push the slime in and unactuate them. I too am a new newbie member of t-mec and welcome you all people here are pretty nice`:D:joy:

I don't think you would be able to do it without wiring, but I'm curious too when it comes to hoiking them in general. Seems like you could, but I'm not sure because of the way they move and line up with tiles. I may test it out tomorrow.

Hi idk if its possible but I think it might if you use actuated slopes and push the slime in and unactuate them. I too am a new newbie member of t-mec and welcome you all people here are pretty nice`:D:joy:
I'm going to try them using a cheat sheet mod to test

You will be able to hoik the slimes but only with some wiring to actuate the first slope. If you havent beat skeletron and found mechanic yet the i'd suggest that you look for a boulder trap and remove all but one of the actuated blocks, hammer the last block. This way you can have a working hoik before beating skeletron.

Edit: forgot to mention that you will need to manually step on the button when the slime is in the hoik system.

Yeah, the ghost wall trick doesn't work with slimes. I guess because they can't actually walk. But hoiking them is very much possible. Getting them properly aligned is a bit tricky though. Their hitbox is slightly higher than 1 tile and about 1.5 tiles wide.

I also managed to somehow make them slide along inside of a wall. which I think is quite funny. :D To mount the up hoik I needed an extra sloped block on the right for alignment. I wasn't able to make a complete loop, there were always issues with consistency. The slimes would get stuck on the 2nd or 3rd time round.

Yeah, the ghost wall trick doesn't work with slimes. I guess because they can't actually walk. But hoiking them is very much possible. Getting them properly aligned is a bit tricky though. Their hitbox is slightly higher than 1 tile and about 1.5 tiles wide.

I also managed to somehow make them slide along inside of a wall. which I think is quite funny. :D To mount the up hoik I needed an extra sloped block on the right for alignment. I wasn't able to make a complete loop, there were always issues with consistency. The slimes would get stuck on the 2nd or 3rd time round.

They work with teleporters & active stone block things too
sry idk how to make fancy gifs XD

King slime? I'm still trying to find this out.
Yeah, king slime does react to hoik teeth. Anything that has tile collisions does. The only problem is, that since version 1.3.0.1 it will teleport to the player when trapped. This makes getting him onto a hoik track basically impossible.

Yeah, king slime does react to hoik teeth. Anything that has tile collisions does. The only problem is, that since version 1.3.0.1 it will teleport to the player when trapped. This makes getting him onto a hoik track basically impossible.
Yea, that's the problem I had while testing. If only there was a way to get it to act without targeting a player

What if you were to somehow have the player go around the same hoik system right before king slime. Or you could have the player go around a separate hoik system inside the king slime loop, close enough that he doesn't teleport.

What if you were to somehow have the player go around the same hoik system right before king slime. Or you could have the player go around a separate hoik system inside the king slime loop, close enough that he doesn't teleport.
Staying close to it is not enough. You have to maintain a clear line of sight to it. As soon as there is even a single block between you and it, it will teleport. Maybe you could have the king slime on a bottom hoik while you ride above it on a top hoik...

Back
Top Bottom