Weapons & Equip Post-Mech Consumable Weapon: Disposable Rocket Tube

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Okay. I saw a thread about a Disposable Launcher. I was disappointed. I decided to make this thread.

Essentially, the idea is to have a new consumable weapon sold by the Demolitionist after defeating a Mechanical boss. Instead of being throwable like Grenades or Throwing Knives, this would be a single-shot Rocket Launcher that fires, you guessed it, a Rocket. The aim is to have it be less economical, more powerful, and longer ranged than a Grenade.

index.php

Disposable Rocket Tube
Damage: 85
Use Time: 44
Knockback: 8
* Sold by the Demolitionist for 5 Silver apiece after a Mechanical boss has been defeated.
* They can also be crafted.
Recipe:
Iron_Bar.png
Iron/Lead Bars (10)
Rocket_I.png
Rocket I's (5)
Explosive_Powder.png
Explosive Powder
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 5.

This does as much damage and knockback as the Rocket Launcher when fed Rocket I's, but has a significantly slower use time (about 33% slower).

Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm very confused :confused:.

Rockets are Post-Plantera. But you essentially are proposing that the demolitionist sell rocket firing weapons (consumable ones anyways) before Plantera is defeated?

I don't care about the use time... It will utterly shred The Destroyer if you have the money to buy a large sum of said rockets, just fly above the destroyer, point down, and shoot, repeat as necessary.

What's the point of adding Explosive powder into the Recipe? The rockets you buy aren't just warheads...

Rockets are Post-Plantera. But you essentially are proposing that the demolitionist sell rocket firing weapons (consumable ones anyways) before Plantera is defeated?
I don't care about the use time... It will utterly shred The Destroyer if you have the money to buy a large sum of said rockets, just fly above the destroyer, point down, and shoot, repeat as necessary.
These would be far less effective than, say, Hellfire Arrows, Holy Arrows, Unholy Arrows the Dao of Pow, etc. against Destroyer.

For consumable weapons, these are fairly balanced.
What's the point of adding Explosive powder into the Recipe? The rockets you buy aren't just warheads...
What makes the Rocket Launch in the first place? There's got to something flammable that sets of the Rocket.

What makes the Rocket Launch in the first place? There's got to something flammable that sets of the Rocket.

Not explosive powder :p, it would look like a Roman Candle just blowing up in your hands because.. Well.. It explodes.

What about Torch and rope? Seems to fit more so, and could explain the use time if fired repeatedly. Would also show how it's lit.

Not explosive powder :p, it would look like a Roman Candle just blowing up in your hands because.. Well.. It explodes.
That's the idea. A brief explosion gives the projectile its initial velocity while also igniting the fuel. (I think. I'm no rocket scientist.)

Remember: Gunpowder is explosive, but guns don'e blow up in your hands, and neither do these. :p
What about Torch and rope? Seems to fit more so, and could explain the use time if fired repeatedly.
No offense intended, but that sounds a bit weird. In Terraria, things that sound cooler overrule those that make sense. That's why Wyverns are called Wyverns and not just Dragons. Anyways, the use time is explained because you have to aim, fire, drop the tube, pull out another, aim again, and fire again. It's a lot more complicated than throwing Grenades in succession (throw, grab, pull pin, throw again), and Grenades already have a slow use time.

No offense intended, but that sounds a bit weird. In Terraria, things that sound cooler overrule those that make sense. That's why Wyverns are called Wyverns and not just Dragons. Anyways, the use time is explained because you have to aim, fire, drop the tube, pull out another, aim again, and fire again. It's a lot more complicated than throwing Grenades in succession (throw, grab, pull pin, throw again), and Grenades already have a slow use time.

Absolutely none taken, its a suggestion thread. But that is a bit contradictical in some points of the game.

Boomstick sounds like an amazing shotgun weapon, but is out tiered by the blatant "shotgun".

Excalibur, a legendary sword wielded by king Arthur that emits holy light, is out DPSed by a Cutlass, and then a green sword that shoots spores.

Beetles are small insects (well, some of them) while turtles are heavy, shelled animals, that most animals cannot even crush with weight alone.

It sounds cool, but it doesn't make sense why they would be overulled.

But that goes into logic based arguments, not the thread at hand.
And while I realize that didn't help my argument. ------
|
V

Well... Yea that makes sense for rockets that aren't smaller than the player, the 2nd stage ingnition is what dictates the final velocity, not the initial. (Don't trust me on that statement, my physics teacher didn't like me and I sure as hell didn't like him)

I think this looks nice. More consumable weapons are always welcome. Perhaps let him sell a rocket II version during blood moons, for demolition purposes. I don't think all four rockets need a tube version though.

This seems pretty balanced, but I'm no Rocket Scientist. :p

Back
Top Bottom