Weapons & Equip Post-Mech Cross-Class Armors - Blazing and Toxic Frost armor couterparts

Nor are they butterflies, yet they drop butterfly dust.
That's different, though. That's a satire of how butterflies and moths are similar and easily confused, in the same way that tortoises and turtles are similarly confused irl and used interchangeably in-game.

There's nothing satirical or ironic about Moths dropping something poisonous when they clearly aren't.

Looks like I'd go with Inferno Armor, because I can't ever decide between Magic and Melee. And I thought I might have to point one thing out:

Venom Armor's poison particle effect should glow, because that gives Frost and Inferno the advantage of making their weapons provide light, so Venom should give effected weapons a GLOWING poison particle effect! Just thought I'd say that. :p

4stars.gif

Last edited:
Love this. It has great sprites and a good theme. With regards to a summoner cross class, remember summoners are exempt of crits. You could create an armor with low defense and damage bonuses, but good crit and some minion cap expansions.

Yes yes and yes, I just have one problem with it though
The drop of the Poison Essence

Although Frost Giants and 'Infernal Dragons' are both quite rare uncommon enemies that you might have to spend a bit of time trying to come across, I really dont like the idea of having a 2% chance drop as an integral part of the Toxic Armour. Presumably for each piece which means you'll be having to get 3 of the poison essence for the whole set, which means a whole lot of killing a weak and pretty un-interesting enemy. The thing about frost giants and 'infernal dragons' are they are strong and actually could pose a challenge, whilst the idea of senseless grinding against weak enemies for a rare drop is something I feel Terraria already has a little bit too much of and is more frustrating than challenging.
Maybe instead have it grow like a plant in the underground jungle, at least then you would be going around exploring instead of just farming enemies.

Although Frost Giants and 'Infernal Dragons' are both quite rare uncommon enemies that you might have to spend a bit of time trying to come across, I really dont like the idea of having a 2% chance drop as an integral part of the Toxic Armour. Presumably for each piece which means you'll be having to get 3 of the poison essence for the whole set, which means a whole lot of killing a weak and pretty un-interesting enemy. The thing about frost giants and 'infernal dragons' are they are strong and actually could pose a challenge, whilst the idea of senseless grinding against weak enemies for a rare drop is something I feel Terraria already has a little bit too much of and is more frustrating than challenging.
I basically just chose an enemy that drops wings and adjusted the drop rate of the material based on that. :l
Maybe instead have it grow like a plant in the underground jungle, at least then you would be going around exploring instead of just farming enemies.
I'd rather there be a new more powerful enemy in the jungle than just a plant.

But I have no idea what enemy that would be.

Back
Top Bottom