PC Potential sources of crash

Chocosta

Paladin
Bonswar Encore, I'm here again because I may have found some sources of crashes.

I experience crashes when Loading/Saving worlds (do it repeatedly, it should happen, no matter the clouding or not), when doing only that. Some things seem to increase the Crash rate :

-Whenever I press the F1 key (Camera mode), the game and Steam have a chance to crash. It happens when I leave the game or try to come back with my (Clouded) character in any world.
It happens exactly when :
  • "Backing up world file" is shown (The very beginning of loading process) ;
  • or when "Saving world data" shows up (Very end of world saving process) ;
-Those 2 above can also occurs after defeating the Eye of Cthulhu
  • or even when at random when playing. (This one is really rare, I only got it once).

Small note : I noticed a small Freeze when we select a character. When we exit and re-enter a world, one of both options always seems happen.(Pressing F1 or not or spawning the Eye doesn't seem to matter).

Sometimes a crash can also happen during a goblin invasion (Blood Moon doesn't seem to have any problem with that) or when fighting the eye after a death against it.

The biggest problem is, I don't have any screen showing up and telling me why it crashed.

I only have that after trying to load a SteamClouded world and just before pressing "Load Backup" and crashing :
index.php

That's all I could find for now.

I know there are other thread reporting crashes but their reasons were a bit different from what I found.

--------------------------------------

Thanks for reading !

Have some :joy: (It never gets old for me to show this, it's a small signature [That I should add to my real signature srly]) !

Back
Top Bottom