Mobile Pre-Hardmode Mage Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffletown

Terrarian
Okay, so I've gotten ridiculously far into Terraria with my first profile, and have begun another character. I'm used to being a Mage/Wizard character, and I've suddenly realized that pre-hardmode Terraria is very lacking in good magic weapons and armor. Firstly, the only reliable magic weapons available early on are the gem staffs, and the only magic-themed armor available is jungle armor. The gem staffs are alright- moderate damage output, but hard to get the hang of using. The jungle armor is downright absurd- for one, it requires stingers (they've always been hard to get, with the dangerous jungle biome as well as dropping only one at a time from hornet enemies), as well as one of each type of gem. After you get the armor, you've got nothing to show for it but a measly 13 defense and a mild increase to mana and its regeneration.

So I pose the question- are there any wieldly, moderately easily-obtained magic weapons for the beginning of the game?

Note: My world has a crimson biome, so the Crimson rod may be an option...?

Just a few magic weapons off the top of my head... waterbolt, bee gun, magic missile, demon scythe, flower of fire... all of which are very viable weapons pre-harmode.

As for armor, you could go meteor armor and grab a space gun... that's also a very potent pre-harmode magic option.

Thanks, it just occurred to me to get those! I've started using the space gun/meteor combo to great effect, now I'm trying to get a demon scythe.

Yeah get waterbolt from the dungeon, you can reck stuff with that, if you have seen Yimir he killed the WOF only using waterbolt.
he killed the destroyer using onl that xD

As for armor, you could go meteor armor and grab a space gun... that's also a very potent pre-harmode magic option.
not to mention the set bonus is the space gun taking absolutely no mana at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom