Items Pre-Queen Bee Summoner ideas

Scarlet_Slagg

Terrarian
We all know that in the earliest parts of the game, summoner sucks. The soonest you can get armor designated for this class is from Queen Bee, so almost to hardmode. I propose the few early-game summoner items to help this.

Sapling Staff
The Sapling Staff is crafted from 5 acorns, 5 dirt, and 5 of any wood at a workbench. The staff itself looks like a dirt-covered wooden shaft with a few saplings sticking out of it, the biggest at the top end. The minions are saplings walking around on their roots. Its method of attack is to hurl itself roots-down at a target dealing 4 damage. The staff is craftable right at the get-go but is very weak.

Fallen Star Staff
The Fallen Star Staff is made from 3 Fallen Stars and 10 silver or tungsten at an anvil. The Staff itself is a fallen star at the end of a scepter, with 2 more closely below it. The Fallen Star Minions are floating fallen stars. Their method of attack is to pierce a target, much like Spazmamini from the optic staff. They deal 6 damage, and prove themselves a good minion until you beat the EoW or BoC.

Eater Staff
Crafted from 10 Demonite bars, 10 shadow scales, and 15 rotten chunks, the Eater Staff is the premiere post-EoW minion. The staff looks like an EoW made of rotten chunks and shadow scales with the eyes filled with Demonite. It summons miniature Eater of Worlds segments. When multiple are summoned, they link up like the stardust dragon. They burrow through the ground and spit at foes, each attack dealing 7 damage.

Crawler Staff
The Crawler Staff summons miniature blood crawlers, which act like the minions of the spider staff, dealing only 7 damage. The staff itself is a spine decorated with Crimtane and a long banner of tissue. It's crafted from 10 Crimtane Bars, 10 tissue samples, and 15 vertebrae.

I can't think of any ideas for armor earlier than queen bee or accessories, so leave any ideas below!

Last edited:
Why does no one realize that pure summoner is not the intended way to play the class? Impure is what Red intended and that's what makes it theoretically the most powerful.

How about ancient crimson armor. Full set provides same defense as gold armor and increases max minion count by 3. +1 if wearing full set. Minions also heal you when they damage an enemy. However, you don't get the increased natural life Regen. You get this armor from any prehardmode crimson enemy except creepers and BoC. They all have a 3% chance to drop the armor. Unless expert, the drop rate would then be doubled.
This armor also acts as an alternate ancient shadow armor.

How about ancient crimson armor. Full set provides same defense as gold armor and increases max minion count by 3. +1 if wearing full set. Minions also heal you when they damage an enemy. However, you don't get the increased natural life Regen. You get this armor from any prehardmode crimson enemy except creepers and BoC. They all have a 3% chance to drop the armor. Unless expert, the drop rate would then be doubled.
This armor also acts as an alternate ancient shadow armor.
Sure, but now you're obligated to play crimson if you want to be a summoner.

Reactions: Bry
Sure, but now you're obligated to play crimson if you want to be a summoner.
That is true, however, I'm pretty sure that ancient shadow armor is exactly like shadow armor. Maybe we could have the ancient shadow armor similar to the ancient crimson armor. The difference would be that minions do more damage. Maybe a 5% increase.

That is true, however, I'm pretty sure that ancient shadow armor is exactly like shadow armor. Maybe we could have the ancient shadow armor similar to the ancient crimson armor. The difference would be that minions do more damage. Maybe a 5% increase.
There isn't an old crimson armor texture to make an ancient set from :p. Kind of impossible to make an ancient set if there is no "ancient" sprites to make it from.

• Love
Reactions: Bry
There isn't an old crimson armor texture to make an ancient set from :p. Kind of impossible to make an ancient set if there is no "ancient" sprites to make it from.
Good point. I am sure that ReLogic could get creative enough for the idea though. Maybe add some rust and cracks to the crimson armor to make it look "ancient".

Good point. I am sure that ReLogic could get creative enough for the idea though. Maybe add some rust and cracks to the crimson armor to make it look "ancient".
I'd rather they just add something new like "flesh armor", new content is better than reskins imo.

Also, you can use the enemies in the corruption as an idea to create armor. Sort of like the spider set.

Back
Top Bottom