Game Mechanics Preserve Dropped Items in Mediumcore

OlleWernersson

Terrarian
This idea was mentioned by @AidanMariocraze 16nov, 2022 But ill keep the post as this user only commented breifly about it in a comment and I want to develop this idea further.

When dying on mediumcore, your items gets dropped. This combined with the fact that all items on the ground disappeares when you restart the server or the game crashes, makes for unfortunate situations.

one example of such unfortunate situation is if someone died, and there is an event starting that hinders your ability to stop playing. If you stop the server, then that players items are gone, and if you stop playing, the event will kill everyone over and over again.

Proposal
Consider that when a player dies, their items are dropped into a bag that won't disappear when the server restarts. Additionally, consider saving the locations of the player's currently favorited items when they die. This means that when you pick up your bag, your dropped items will sort themselves out where they were earlier.

To make this work, your currently equipped items would have to move, and if there was no space, they would be dropped.

What would this feature achieve?
  • Removing the risk of crashes resulting in item losses, and removing the need to keep the server on when someone has died.
  • Significantly reducing inventory management for Mediumcore players.

Last edited:
Have them be like most modded minecraft servers and stay in your grave until broken
This could also work, anything that fixes the issue with the items being completely wannished when rejoining is a huge improvement.

Im thinking if the items are in the grave then there needs to bo something to indicate that, because otherwise some people might not know that the items are there

Kind of late, but perhaps the tombstone could store the items, and right clicking it would retrieve them (but only if the respawned player right clicks it).

Also I think when retrieving lost items from gold tombstones there should be a chance (33.3%?) for extra gold to be given to the player.

Kind of late, but perhaps the tombstone could store the items, and right clicking it would retrieve them (but only if the respawned player right clicks it).

Also I think when retrieving lost items from gold tombstones there should be a chance (33.3%?) for extra gold to be given to the player.
Having the items stored in the tombstone and having the option to destroy it, as @Just Ragnar suggested, or having the ability to right-click the tombstone to retrieve your items, are good suggestions. Any solution that addresses the issue of items completely vanishing upon rejoining is a significant improvement.

However, I still believe there should be some indication on the tombstone that the items are present, so that all players are aware and don't forget or leave them behind.

As I understand it, golden tombstones drop if the player has 10 or more gold coins in their inventory when they die. Are you suggesting that you could regain all your lost money with a 33% bonus, or do you think that none of your money should be kept in the tombstone upon dying?

As I understand it, golden tombstones drop if the player has 10 or more gold coins in their inventory when they die. Are you suggesting that you could regain all your lost money with a 33% bonus, or do you think that none of your money should be kept in the tombstone upon dying?
Ah, my mistake. I had earlier thought that gold tombstones were simply rare to get; I didn't know that there was a condition to getting them. Well, then that renders my suggestion about the bonus gold useless, as it would only serve to provide an easy money glitch.

Back
Top Bottom