Prince's Guide to Expert Plantera

PrinceMath

Official Terrarian
Plantera is one heck of an expert boss. i expect you guys should overprepare for her as she is really hard unarmed. so ill discuss about her.

in her first phase she will shoot seeds, these are very easy to dodge, but as plantera's Health decrease, she shots them faster. as her HP decrease she will shot thorn balls which in expert mode, seek the neareast players, these are what make the fight very hard. as she reaches half health, phase 2 begins.

Phase 2
as your already familiar with her last phase, this time with expert mode, additional tentacles appear on the hook of plantera, this is where a large arena comes into play, as the room gets swarmed by tentacles meaning ur forced to roam around the jungle being chased by plantera. the tentacles are very durable so its great to have a piercing weapon.

this is much easier said than done, she is EVEN harder if u think she is easy, ur wrong. now enough of discussing her phases. time to move into my strategy

VERY IMPORTANT ITEMS:
a lot of holy arrows
chlorophyte shotbow
Shield of Cthulhu
wings
Chlorophyte ranger armor

Accessories:
Shield of Cthulhu
Wings
Lightning boots
worm scarf ( optional but important still, replace with ranger if u dont have )
use any accessories for now

Buff potions:
lifeforce
ironskin
regen
well fed
endurance
optional:
hunter
night owl
wrath ( if ur in a corruption world )

as for the arena, make sure its very large, although be sure it still counts as a jungle as she enrages when u leave the underground jungle. for me it was medium but as long as its large enough, your fine.

now comes the great battle:
consume your potions and commence the battle, now as she appears on your sight, immediately shot her with your shotbow, make her go in the middle of the arena, then you will circle her. the thorn balls are what u should avoid, they do alot of damage. now as she goes into phase 2, the fun begins.

the arena and your dodging skills comes into play, the arena gets swarmed by tentacles, holy arrows will hit them as well as plantera so all u need to do is aim and dodge, if u get hit by plantera, she does a lot of damage so avoid that. easier said than done.

did u do it? if so, good job! now screams are echoing from the dungeon, who knows who are the screamers? find out by visiting the old dungeon.

This only focuses on rangers.:sigh:

For Melee users:
Terra Blade if available
Otherwise use True Excalibur
Turtle armor for defense
Death Sickle for Piercing
Chlorophyte Partisan for Spearmen
Any Piercing Melee Weapon

Accessories: all reforged to Warding/Lucky*/Quick**

Worm Scarf (Corruption)
Flesh Knuckles (Crimson)
Frozen Turtle Shell
Fire Gauntlet
Warrior Emblem
Leaf Wings (Gravitation Pots if you can't afford it)
Shield of Cthulhu
Music Box (For Musical Recording)
Frostspark/Lightning Boots

^^^buff potions mentioned above + Ichor/Cursed Flame Imbue

Tank/Regen Builds are great for this fight and with a large arena, you can maintain a high health average.

*Crit Hits double the base damage of your weapon.

**For Quick Dodging
[doublepost=1529406349,1529406309][/doublepost]Thank me later.;)

This only focuses on rangers.:sigh:

For Melee users:
Terra Blade if available
Otherwise use True Excalibur
Turtle armor for defense
Death Sickle for Piercing
Chlorophyte Partisan for Spearmen
Any Piercing Melee Weapon

Accessories: all reforged to Warding/Lucky*/Quick**

Worm Scarf (Corruption)
Flesh Knuckles (Crimson)
Frozen Turtle Shell
Fire Gauntlet
Warrior Emblem
Leaf Wings (Gravitation Pots if you can't afford it)
Shield of Cthulhu
Music Box (For Musical Recording)
Frostspark/Lightning Boots

^^^buff potions mentioned above + Ichor/Cursed Flame Imbue

Tank/Regen Builds are great for this fight and with a large arena, you can maintain a high health average.

*Crit Hits double the base damage of your weapon.

**For Quick Dodging
[doublepost=1529406349,1529406309][/doublepost]Thank me later.;)
i only use rangers for mech bosses and plantera so thanks.

This is great, but what about mages?

Items:
Razorpine
Post fishron if available
Rainbow gun
Bat scepter
Inferno fork
Shadowbeam staff (optional)
Magnet sphere

Accessories:
Spooky wings at least
Obsidian/ankh shield
Mana flower w/ 75+ mana potions
Star veil
Lightning/frost spark boots

Armor:
Chlorophyte mage (optional)
Spectre (if available)
Spectral

I agree with the big arena, and place some heart and star statues around. Honey pools are optional but useful. Campfires and heart lanterns are a must. You may notice that not a lot of accessories are mage, because mana flower should give you enough mana, and the rest is focused on keeping you alive.

The fight:
If you have spectre armor, dodging isn't too big of a deal, as razorpine and bat scepter should keep your health up. I don't recomend the chlorophyte, because if you have razorpine, ocram isn't a big deal. So you should probably stick with spectral. These ideas are untested, so I'm not going to give you a ton of information about strategy, so I'll let you figure it out with trial and error. Based on PrinceMath's guide, this setup should work, let me know if it doesn't.

This is great, but what about mages?

Items:
Razorpine
Post fishron if available
Rainbow gun
Bat scepter
Inferno fork
Shadowbeam staff (optional)
Magnet sphere

Accessories:
Spooky wings at least
Obsidian/ankh shield
Mana flower w/ 75+ mana potions
Star veil
Lightning/frost spark boots

Armor:
Chlorophyte mage (optional)
Spectre (if available)
Spectral

I agree with the big arena, and place some heart and star statues around. Honey pools are optional but useful. Campfires and heart lanterns are a must. You may notice that not a lot of accessories are mage, because mana flower should give you enough mana, and the rest is focused on keeping you alive.

The fight:
If you have spectre armor, dodging isn't too big of a deal, as razorpine and bat scepter should keep your health up. I don't recomend the chlorophyte, because if you have razorpine, ocram isn't a big deal. So you should probably stick with spectral. These ideas are untested, so I'm not going to give you a ton of information about strategy, so I'll let you figure it out with trial and error. Based on PrinceMath's guide, this setup should work, let me know if it doesn't.
oh dear, those weapons r post plantera except for the chloro and inferno fork.

so here

for melees:

turtle armor
death sickle

any accessories is great.

circle plantera while shotting with death sickle, on 2nd phase is where times go south, now let her chase you and keep firing the sickle to her, it may only do little damage but its better than nothing.

i dont know with mages but do the same tactic with ranged and hit her with everything you got.

Back
Top Bottom