Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I started hard-mode up on an expert mega multiplayer world (15+ people) and we summoned Queen Slime. About half way through the fight, someone accidentally killed a Prismatic Lacewings and summoned Empress of Light, and everyone thought it was a boss summoned during a second phase, but I knew it was a post-Plantera boss, so naturally I shoved that bug thought away like "oh its probably like how you can summon Duke Fishron right away in hard mode" but then I checked the wiki...

Prismatic Lacewings don't (or rather shouldn't) spawn naturally until Plantera is defeated. Do you know the approximate in-game time that the Lacewing was killed? Perhaps someone else on the server had a Lacewing in their inventory and released it?

It is possible to obtain lacewings in another world and release and kill them pre-Plantera, but the do not spawn naturally before Plantera.

I have been unable to reproduce that happening, and I have double checked the code, they are set to only spawn after Plantera has been defeated.

One of your friends must have released it as a prank, since they don't spawn, and they can only be killed after you have captured them and released them (I think (to prevent you from accidentally killing one when in the hallow)).

Back
Top Bottom