PC [Project] Mechmod - A T-MEC community mod

[Important] I just now tested the slowmotion and... it didn't work. Damn ,just as I am typing this I got the bug again, the one with the 0.0001 FPS. New idea: It might have something to do with alt-tabbing after typing the commands? Steam says the game is at 56 FPS, so it seems that it is the Slowmotion command making it bug?

Try to press the O key.

I edited my comment with more information. Pressing "O" fixes it, but only if pressed at the same time as the game "Updates" itself while in that bugged state.

Edit: To make it happen there i no need for alt-tabbing, type /sm 2 and press "O", press "O" again to unbug. :)
Pressing "O" after entering the world will work nicely and will make the game be slow-motion
Just found out that the reason for it bugging after typing "/slo" is because there is an "O" there, damn it terraria, why must you activate hotkeys while I have my chat open.

Last edited:
Yay, Happy new year :) .Here are the problems I ran into: Showing/Hiding dummy ghosts doesn't do anything, but adjusting transparency works fine. Outline is affected by transparency, dummy IDs also affected by transparency.
The first time I launched the game and went to find the Config I found one with these settings:
configIsSetup = true
endlessWire = true
yellowWire = true
greenWire = true
redWire = true
blueWire = true
camSpeed = 4
And after changing the "4" to a "10" launching the game wouldn't do anything, tried changing it back to "4" ,still nothing, deleted the Config and it launched fine, making a new one, but this time it had these settings:
configIsSetup = true
dummyGhostThick = false
dummyGhostBright = false
showDummyGhosts = false
slomoRate = 2
brightGreenWire = true
brightRedWire = true
brightBlueWire = true
brightActuators = true
redWireBrightness = 1
blueWireBrightness = 1
greenWireBrightness = 1
actuatorBrightness = 1
alwaysShowWires = false
infiniteWire = false
infiniteActuators = false
godmode = false
infiniteHealth = false
infiniteMana = false
UFOSpeed = 1
colorIndex = 1
showMechmodSettingsOption = false
sunnyDay = false
dummyGhostBrightness = 0
alwaysSpawnDummies = false
So that was weird, don't know how that happened.

Yay, Happy new year :) .Here are the problems I ran into: Showing/Hiding dummy ghosts doesn't do anything, but adjusting transparency works fine. Outline is affected by transparency, dummy IDs also affected by transparency.
The first time I launched the game and went to find the Config I found one with these settings:
configIsSetup = true
endlessWire = true
yellowWire = true
greenWire = true
redWire = true
blueWire = true
camSpeed = 4
And after changing the "4" to a "10" launching the game wouldn't do anything, tried changing it back to "4" ,still nothing, deleted the Config and it launched fine, making a new one, but this time it had these settings:
configIsSetup = true
dummyGhostThick = false
dummyGhostBright = false
showDummyGhosts = false
slomoRate = 2
brightGreenWire = true
brightRedWire = true
brightBlueWire = true
brightActuators = true
redWireBrightness = 1
blueWireBrightness = 1
greenWireBrightness = 1
actuatorBrightness = 1
alwaysShowWires = false
infiniteWire = false
godmode = false
infiniteHealth = false
infiniteMana = false
UFOSpeed = 1
colorIndex = 1
sunnyDay = false
dummyGhostBrightness = 0

The previous one was an old config file. (They actually already existed in the last build but weren't finished.)

Edit:
I will look into fixing the config file bug!
[DOUBLEPOST=1451662377,1451662264][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. The dummy ghost stuff was made by @five--three... (He also created the fix for the rouge dummy ghosts! :D )

Last edited:
Here's the full changelog since the last 'official' release:
- Added a check to see if dummy ghost textures were present
- Added new commands:
/tp - Teleport the player to a numerical position or saved location
/savepos - Save the player's position, to be used with /tp.
- Added limited documentation to most current commands. The /place command is still not fully documented as it will be phased out and replaced with an item in 0.32.
- Added a configuration interface! Based on Terraria's ingame options, this well enable you to easily change many features of the mod.
This interface can be accessed either by pressing ctrl-tilde, using the button in Terraria's options, or enabling and using the inventory button (look in the Reset/meta category)
- Added twenty-four (!!) seperate toggles to the game for the interface.
They won't be all explained here, but please poke around in the interface and try them for yourself!
- Added a custom configuration file, fully integrated it with the interface.
- Added a method to kill 'rogue ghosts' - see here

- Fixed sandballs not creating tiles spawning from a source other than the Dirt Rod
- Fixed the slow-motion bugs (thanks @Dane!)
- Fixed hotkeys triggering when editing a sign/chest or in the chatbox.
- Fixed numerous issues with dummy ghosts - namely being strangely bright and washed out.
- Fixed the sun/moon being dragged from behind the inventory.
- Many under-the-hood changes and fixes - most aren't noticable.

Future plans for next updates:
0.3.1: Add wire highlighting and click-signal
0.3.2: Add keyboard rebinding support, including custom Actions

Happy New Year to you all!
[DOUBLEPOST=1451704050,1451703672][/DOUBLEPOST]
configIsSetup = true
endlessWire = true
yellowWire = true
greenWire = true
redWire = true
blueWire = true
camSpeed = 4
configIsSetup = true
dummyGhostThick = false
dummyGhostBright = false
showDummyGhosts = false
slomoRate = 2
brightGreenWire = true
brightRedWire = true
brightBlueWire = true
brightActuators = true
redWireBrightness = 1
blueWireBrightness = 1
greenWireBrightness = 1
actuatorBrightness = 1
alwaysShowWires = false
infiniteWire = false
godmode = false
infiniteHealth = false
infiniteMana = false
UFOSpeed = 1
colorIndex = 1
sunnyDay = false
dummyGhostBrightness = 0

That first file was a 'test' config file. It was still WIP and not meant to be released, so it was quite broken.
When upgrading Mechmod to a newer version that adds new settings to the config file, the game will crash. This is a bit of a pain, and a newer build with a solution workaround will be uploaded soon.

I'll take a look at the dummy ghost issues - the show/hide toggle has worked for me in the past, but I'll double-check. The outline is part of the same texture and that is intentional, as are the ID's fading out. Would a seperate slider for the ID opacity do?

Last edited:
configIsSetup = true
endlessWire = true
yellowWire = true
greenWire = true
redWire = true
blueWire = true
camSpeed = 4
configIsSetup = true
dummyGhostThick = false
dummyGhostBright = false
showDummyGhosts = false
slomoRate = 2
brightGreenWire = true
brightRedWire = true
brightBlueWire = true
brightActuators = true
redWireBrightness = 1
blueWireBrightness = 1
greenWireBrightness = 1
actuatorBrightness = 1
alwaysShowWires = false
infiniteWire = false
godmode = false
infiniteHealth = false
infiniteMana = false
UFOSpeed = 1
colorIndex = 1
sunnyDay = false
dummyGhostBrightness = 0

Bug should be fixed now! :D(I also fixed some other bug that I introduced...)
Download link for the new version is up as well.

Nice work on the updates guys. @five--three ,there is no need for different sliders, I just wasn't sure if it was the desired result so I mentioned it :)
PS: Chrome is telling me the file isn't safe to download and is suggesting to "Discard" it. But all is fine. Tested slowmotion, works perfectly.

Last edited:
Nice work on the updates guys. @five--three ,there is no need for different sliders, I just wasn't sure if it was the desired result so I mentioned it :)
PS: Chrome is telling me the file isn't safe to download and is suggesting to "Discard" it. But all is fine. Tested slowmotion, works perfectly.
Okay! Thanks a bunch, you've been really helpful!

Ah, it probably will. It treats every unsigned .exe like that, and for good reasons.
Edit: Signing this application to avoid these warnings requires a certificate (most are near $200/year), which isn't particularly worth doing to avoid clicking "I trust this".

Last edited:
I just used the newest version of the MechMod to debug my last build. It works like a charm. I needed and used all the functions: slow mode, dummy ghost visibility, and rogue ghost purge. Only strange thing that happened is that all of a sudden I started painting tiles with my sword???

I just used the newest version of the MechMod to debug my last build. It works like a charm. I needed and used all the functions: slow mode, dummy ghost visibility, and rogue ghost purge. Only strange thing that happened is that all of a sudden I started painting tiles with my sword???
What!
Painting ... ??? What color! What sword were you using? When did it start happening?
Edit: It's probably smething to do with placing limits. Were you using @stefnotch 's latest build? Did you have placing limits enabled or disabled?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451881602,1451872285][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a small release that fixes a few bugs, mainly related to ghosts.
Mechmod v1.30.1:
  • Fixed the version (last release was meant to be v1.30)
  • Changed the dummy ghost texture to use a more versatile method.
    • For the end-user this means a few minor graphical changes along with ghosts now being animated when hit.
    • This also means that only one texture is required - DummyGhost.xnb.
      • DummyGhostThick.xnb (and Mechmod.xnb if you still have it) can be deleted.
  • Fixed ghosts being offset from their parent tiles and looking weird.
  • Fixed the dummy ghosts show/hide feature somehow not working.
  • Fixed the sun/moon being draggable from the inventory by accident.
  • Fixed a (silly) nearly game-wide sampler change - textures shouldn't look so scratchy anymore (in particular the Terraria logo on the main menu)
Thankyou all very much for you support of this mod! :D

Attachments

• Mechmod_v1.30.1.zip
    2 MB · Views: 108
Painting ... ??? What color! What sword were you using? When did it start happening?
Edit: It's probably smething to do with placing limits. Were you using @stefnotch 's latest build? Did you have placing limits enabled or disabled?

Yes, I was using stenotch's lastest build with placing limits disabled.

Yes, I was using stenotch's lastest build with placing limits disabled.

Ok, looks like I introduced more bugs than I thought.. (Previously, it wasn't possible to use swords with placing limits disabled..)
Thanks for the bug report, I will look into it! :D

Suggestion: pare down the options. Less is more.

The most obvious examples here are in the wiring menu. I don't think there really is a need to be able to toggle the lighting influence on each of the different wire colours plus actuators. Nor do I see a situation where I would want wire opacity settings other than 100 or 0 %.

I would suggest to make a single menu toggle for lighting effects on wire, actuators and ghosts and a single toggle key (K maybe?) that:
  • masks and unmasks the wires of colours different than the wrench you are currently holding
  • toggles infinite wire when holding wire cutters
  • toggles infinite actuators when holding actuators, and
  • toggles the visibility of ghosts when holding target dummy
You can also incorporate things like infinite health and unlimited mana into "Godmode". Just wondering: does Godmode prevent you from drowning, burning, or any other inflicted debuffs like confusion? It would be cool if walking into mobs would be a one hit kill. But then you'd have to call it "Devilmode" :p

Some things like being able to toggle dummy IDs or dummy outlines I feel aren't necessary. Either I see the dummy ghosts with their IDs and outline when dummy ghost visibility is toggled on, or not.

Last edited:
Just wondering: does Godmode prevent you from drowning, burning, or any other inflicted debuffs like confusion?
I noticed from an earlier build, that you still burn and drown. Prolly the same for other debuffs, too, but most of them are applied 'on hit' so you wouldn't get them in god mode. Or so I thought, then I tested it and it turns out you DO get debuffs even if you don't get hit.

Just a playful musing. Maybe "Godmode" should give you invulnerablity and invisibility towards all mobs and the ability to walk on water while "Devilmode" inflicts one-hit kills on all mobs and critters and lets you walk on lava.

Just a playful musing. Maybe "Godmode" should give you invulnerablity and invisibility towards all mobs and the ability to walk on water while "Devilmode" inflicts one-hit kills on all mobs and critters and lets you walk on lava.

:D Devilmode sounds awesome! (Die, bunny die!)

Infinity health actually doesn't make your health infinite, it just prevents you from getting damaged! :D
Should we just merge godmode, infinity health and infinity mana?
If yes, what features should we keep:
- No knockback/knockback
- Damage shown/No damage shown (But you still wouldn't get damaged)

Also, I think I fixed the bug...

Should we just merge godmode, infinity health and infinity mana?
If yes, what features should we keep:
- No knockback/knockback
- Damage shown/No damage shown (But you still wouldn't get damaged)
Yes
Definitely no knockback
Having the damage displayed would be more helpful than not having it displayed.
nfinity health actually doesn't make your health infinite, it just prevents you from getting damaged!
Do thorns type buffs still work? Must test this.

Edit: It does work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom