Resolved [PS3] pumpkin moon ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually lost my mage gear to uhm.... someone "borrowing" and then crashing. Somewhat raged as i lost my golden shower, rainbow rod, nimbus rod, and crystal storm. Pretty sure i lot some other stuff. The rainbow rod really got me seeing as i would have to farm for another hallowed keymold. I realllllyyyyyy dont want to do that again.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414511246][/DOUBLEPOST]Also... do i know you o_O
Do you mean rainbow gun? The rod is craftable. That definitely sucks though. You could post in the trading section requesting those items.

Uh no, I don't think so, I actually mistook you for the TC XD didn't really check >.>

Do you mean rainbow gun? The rod is craftable. That definitely sucks though. You could post in the trading section requesting those items.

Uh no, I don't think so, I actually mistook you for the TC XD didn't really check >.>
Yes i meant rainbow gun xD and there arent too many console shops and less ps3 shops so.... yea. I guess i'll go back to being a tank ;|

about the pumpkin moon what kind of traps would you recomend (sorry about spelling)
The traps from the Lihzahrd temple, as many as you have. Put a row of spike ball traps on the floor, line the sides with as many flame traps as you have then use whatever super dart traps you have. You can put two columns each side before you have to start using actuators to deactivate them (wire it, put actuator, activate once, remove actuator with wire cutter, leave wiring). The ceiling should be filled with as many rows of spike ball traps as you have, you're going to deactivate all of them so that Mourning Woods will fall in. Wire it all to a 1 second timer if you want to keep it simple. I like my pits to be around 20 wide by 15 deep but 15x10 should be fine as long as your platform is another 10 blocks above the ceiling of your pit.

ok but how rare are these traps and what do ball traps do when they are on the floor?​
Have you fight the Golem yet? Spike ball traps are the most common, then super dart, then spear, and finally flame traps are the rarest. I didn't mention spear tattoos before because they're not working properly on consoles atm. They're all found in the jungle temple: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Lihzahrd_Temple

Spike ball traps are supposed to shoot upwards when placed on the floor but they might not work tbh, forgot to check when building mine. Alternatively you can toss a bucket of lava in there.

Ok so just run around in the temple and gather all the traps, holding wire cutters or something similar will let you find them easier.
ok now i have what i need so do spear traps work? im just wondering because i collect some too

<Double Posts Merged>

Ok so just run around in the temple and gather all the traps, holding wire cutters or something similar will let you find them easier.
your advice worked but i cant deal with the pumpking fast enogh any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
When people tell you to use a weapon from the event you cant beat ):

I only did that because he told me he has it. Use the Magnet Sphere or Spectre Staff instead if you don't have it. Didn't you want to do melee anyway?

What he said. Ive got the bat scepter. Really the only thing that eludes me is the trophies for the big guys, and the warm fuzzy feeling of seeing "Wave 15: Such and such enemies". As far as the pumpkin moon. Still no Staff of Frost Hydra either. After that it is just simple collecting, and also Plantera's pet item and the The Axe. Until console update of course.

EDIT:
.... spear tattoos ....

That sounds awful.

Last edited:
ok now i have what i need so do spear traps work? im just wondering because i collect some too

<Double Posts Merged>

your advice worked but i cant deal with the pumpking fast enogh any tips?
They work, just not for how you'd want them to for this set up, because if you deactivate them then they shoot their tips up like projectiles and hurt you and if you put them on the ground they don't shoot upwards like they're supposed to.

Try using a golden shower? I haven't made it very far with melee tbh. It could potentially help a lot to have the frost hydra and nimbus rod. What's the best sword you have? Maybe ichor flasks actually.

PS: Please edit your first post rather than double posting.

What he said. Ive got the bat scepter. Really the only thing that eludes me is the trophies for the big guys, and the warm fuzzy feeling of seeing "Wave 15: Such and such enemies". As far as the pumpkin moon. Still no Staff of Frost Hydra either. After that it is just simple collecting, and also Plantera's pet item and the The Axe. Until console update of course.

EDIT:

That sounds awful.
You've got all the accessories I mentioned and they're all lucky?? Best modifiers for all your weapons? You should use the golden shower, I forgot about it.

You've got all the accessories I mentioned and they're all lucky?? Best modifiers for all your weapons? You should use the golden shower, I forgot about it.

I have menacing. My math told me menacing > lucky. If you like i can explain why i believe it. Id like to know if im wrong, actually. I have all the accessories. Im gonna try the moon tomorrow.

Best modifiers indeed. Im pretty much rolling in moneys.

Last edited:
I have menacing. My math told me menacing > lucky. If you like i can explain why i believe it. Id like to know if im wrong, actually. I have all the accessories. Im gonna try the moon tomorrow.

Best modifiers indeed. Im pretty much rolling in moneys.
In my experience, Lucky is better. The math isn't always good enough when it comes to RNG. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom