Resolved [PS4] Crossplay Connection Issues

KrayzieN

Terrarian
I play on Ps4 and my friend plays on a Xbox One X. Whether or not he is hosting, the game lets me select my player then gives me a message "Unable to join session. Please try again in a few minutes". Then when I try to host, It allows me to enter a server password, select a player, and a world, but whenever it says "starting server" it brings up another message saying "failed to create session". Of my knowledge, Terraria is a crossplatform game. I have no idea what's going on?!?!

Terraria is not currently cross play. They have announced intentions to add it in the future.

Completely unrelated to that, PSN is currently having issues with their online services causing issues hosting or joining multiplayer games on PlayStation consoles.

I play on Ps4 and my friend plays on a Xbox One X. Whether or not he is hosting, the game lets me select my player then gives me a message "Unable to join session. Please try again in a few minutes". Then when I try to host, It allows me to enter a server password, select a player, and a world, but whenever it says "starting server" it brings up another message saying "failed to create session". Of my knowledge, Terraria is a crossplatform game. I have no idea what's going on?!?!
The PlayStation Network is having issues at the moment. It’s not anything that Terraria can fix or control. :)

C104CAB8-FB04-4AB0-8A08-6D7672747960.png

Terraria is not currently cross play. They have announced intentions to add it in the future.

Completely unrelated to that, PSN is currently having issues with their online services causing issues hosting or joining multiplayer games on PlayStation consoles.
I’m pretty sure KrayzieN meant crossplay of PS4 playing with PS4. :) But yes, the devs have announced that they will try to get crossplatform play (such as computer playing with PS4) in the future.

I’m pretty sure KrayzieN meant crossplay of PS4 playing with PS4. :) But yes, the devs have announced that they will try to get crossplatform play (such as computer playing with PS4) in the future.

Their post mentioned both Xbox and PS4 as the platforms of each person, so I believe they mean true cross platform play.

Their post mentioned both Xbox and PS4 as the platforms of each person, so I believe they mean true cross platform play.
Oh, yes, you are correct, my mistake. I’ve seen so many asking about the PS4 network outage that I completely glossed over that part! Thank you for the correction.

Sorry KrazieN, XBox and PS4 can’t play together right now. Hopefully in the future.

Back
Top Bottom