Resolved [PS4] when I click multiplayer/single player my game crashes

optick576

Terrarian
Whenever I click multiplayer or single player my game crashes but I can still go on tutorial, achievements and settings. I have tried redownloading Terraria and restarting my ps4 but both did not work and I don't know what else to do. when I could still play, something weird I noticed was one of my characters tripled and two of them had a red name and I couldn't click on them

Last edited:
Whenever I click multiplayer or single player my game crashes but I can still go on tutorial, achievements and settings. I have tried redownloading and restarting ps4 but both did not work and I don't know what else to do. when I could still play, something weird I noticed was one of my characters tripled and two of them had a red name and I couldn't click on them
Hi @optick576 it sounds like you may have some corrupted files. If you haven’t tried it yet, I‘d suggest making a copy of your game files (worlds, players, etc) to a usb, or up to the cloud, or both. Then (once you’re sure you have at least one back up copy), delete the game saves from your console. Then reinstall the game. See if it’ll play and launch a new player/world. After that, then put back your game saves onto the console. One by one if you can, so you can identify which one might be causing the issue.

Hi @optick576 it sounds like you may have some corrupted files. If you haven’t tried it yet, I‘d suggest making a copy of your game files (worlds, players, etc) to a usb, or up to the cloud, or both. Then (once you’re sure you have at least one back up copy), delete the game saves from your console. Then reinstall the game. See if it’ll play and launch a new player/world. After that, then put back your game saves onto the console. One by one if you can, so you can identify which one might be causing the issue.
Thanks it worked! I'm so happy I can play again and the characters with the red names are gone.

Back
Top Bottom