MegaMage314 🌳

Living Tree
Pumpking scythe
Pumpking Sycthe.png

Damage: 84
Mana cost: 18
Use time: 15
Dropped by the Pumpking event boss.

When clicked normally, this weapon behaves exactly like a demon scythe; it fires large spinning pumpkin blades that pierce up to 5 enemies and start out almost motionless, then quickly gain speed. If the mouse button is held down however, things get a bit more interesting…
When the attack button is held down, this weapon will fire 3 pumpkin blades before stopping. Instead of accelerating in a straight line, the pumpkin blades will curve towards the mouse, hovering around it like a flail that was connected to the mouse instead of the player (but slower and unaffected by gravity). While being controlled by the player, the pumpkin blades will bounce off walls like a flail, but will only pierce 5 enemies before disappearing. When the attack button is released, any pumpkin blades being controlled by the player will continue flying in a straight line, accelerating just like a demon scythe. They will also loose the ability to bounce off walls

So basically, this weapon can be used in two ways. If the mouse button is clicked instead of held down, this weapon is simply an upgraded demon scythe. When the mouse button is held down, the player is able to control three temporary flail-like projectiles with the mouse.

(if this weapon is added, I think the raven staff should be dropped by the Mourning Wood instead of the Pumpking so their loot tables are even. For more changes and additions to the pumpkin moon, see this suggestion by @SzGamer227.)
Sickle.gif

Last edited:
The only excuse to not add a weapon as awesome as this is butthurt from those who haven't gotten all of Pumpking's drops yet. Personally, I wouldn't mind, though. The Bat Scepter is lonely.

But I think adding this could work well in tandem with some other suggestions, which include moving the Raven Staff out of the Pumpking's drop table. (Doing @SzGamer227's job for him.) So, in total, that would add a whole lot of awesomeness without adding any grindiness. Perfect.

The only excuse to not add a weapon as awesome as this is butthurt from those who haven't gotten all of Pumpking's drops yet. Personally, I wouldn't mind, though. The Bat Scepter is lonely.

But I think adding this could work well in tandem with some other suggestions, which include moving the Raven Staff out of the Pumpking's drop table. (Doing @SzGamer227's job for him.) So, in total, that would add a whole lot of awesomeness without adding any grindiness. Perfect.
The Raven Staff always did seem like it made more sense in the mourning wood's loot table, and if that change was made then both bosses would have 7 main drops instead of 6 and 8. I'll link his suggestion in the main post.;)

Back
Top Bottom