PC Pylon selling

Prizzx

Terrarian
I recently started a new world to test out the Pylon feature that was added in 1.4 and went with a house set up i thought would work, but i cant seem to get anyone to sell the forest pylon even though they're all happy. Any ideas what could be causing no one to sell the pylon although their is more than 2 npcs that are happy ,is distance apart a factor when it comes to it ?

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.05.29 - 12.57.50.62.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.05.29 - 12.57.50.62.png
    688.3 KB · Views: 165
I recently started a new world to test out the Pylon feature that was added in 1.4 and went with a house set up i thought would work, but i cant seem to get anyone to sell the forest pylon even though they're all happy. Any ideas what could be causing no one to sell the pylon although their is more than 2 npcs that are happy ,is distance apart a factor when it comes to it ?
There are three things that affect NPC happiness - 1) how crowded they are, 2) if they like/dislike the biome they're in, 3) if they like/dislike the other NPCs near them. To get an NPC to sell a pylon you'll need them to have a net effect of 2 out of the 3 happiness criteria.

So here are some examples:
  • The Merchant by himself (+1 for criteria 1 because he's not crowded) in the Forest (+1 for criteria 2 because he likes the forest) (+0 for criteria 3 because there's no one to like or dislike) will sell a forest pylon.
  • The Arms Dealer with only the Nurse nearby (+1 for criteria 1 because he's not crowded) in the Jungle (+0 since he neither likes nor dislikes the jungle) (but +1 for criteria 3 because he likes the Nurse) will sell the jungle pylon. Even though his preferred biome is the desert. If he's by himself (+1 criteria 1) in the desert (+1 criteria 2) he'll sell the desert pylon.
One good tip is that in order to purchase a pylon you don't even need two NPCs - just one that likes the biome, or two that like each other and doesn't hate the biome they're in. And then once you purchase a pylon, you do need two NPCs for it to work (but they don't even have to be happy at that point).

There are three things that affect NPC happiness - 1) how crowded they are, 2) if they like/dislike the biome they're in, 3) if they like/dislike the other NPCs near them. To get an NPC to sell a pylon you'll need them to have a net effect of 2 out of the 3 happiness criteria.

So here are some examples:
  • The Merchant by himself (+1 for criteria 1 because he's not crowded) in the Forest (+1 for criteria 2 because he likes the forest) (+0 for criteria 3 because there's no one to like or dislike) will sell a forest pylon.
  • The Arms Dealer with only the Nurse nearby (+1 for criteria 1 because he's not crowded) in the Jungle (+0 since he neither likes nor dislikes the jungle) (but +1 for criteria 3 because he likes the Nurse) will sell the jungle pylon. Even though his preferred biome is the desert. If he's by himself (+1 criteria 1) in the desert (+1 criteria 2) he'll sell the desert pylon.
One good tip is that in order to purchase a pylon you don't even need two NPCs - just one that likes the biome, or two that like each other and doesn't hate the biome they're in. And then once you purchase a pylon, you do need two NPCs for it to work (but they don't even have to be happy at that point).
ah I see, so all I need to do is make one happy enough to sell the pylon ?

Back
Top Bottom